ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS "must have" apps

Re: iPhone AppStore must haves?

Took the plunge and got Real Racing last night, figured that many good reviews couldn't be wrong.

It's epic, would happily pay £29.99 for something like that on the DS, so it's a bargain at £5.99. Handling is way better than it has any right to be (with plenty of adjustment available to suit) and the graphics are unbelievable. Love it.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Unlikely, that would require the iphone to act like an fm transmitter, not possible without extra hardware I think.

AFAIK correct Warren, you can purchase itrips for iPhones just as you can for ipods.

330Ci Clubsport

Id love an app that would give me a BJ before bedtime but there are hardware considerations ;)

got co-pilot satnav there. proper satnav for £26.

dk

911 GTS Cab

The Price is Right, brilliant game, just like the tv show (the american version) including video footage of the items and prizes, makes it quite big at 350mb but its a great app

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

The Price is Right, brilliant game, just like the tv show (the american version) including video footage of the items and prizes, makes it quite big at 350mb but its a great app

You'll be reet, as long as there's no spot the difference round ;)

dk

911 GTS Cab

Took the plunge and got Real Racing last night, figured that many good reviews couldn't be wrong.

It's epic, would happily pay £29.99 for something like that on the DS, so it's a bargain at £5.99. Handling is way better than it has any right to be (with plenty of adjustment available to suit) and the graphics are unbelievable. Love it.
its pretty damn nifty!

E87 118d M Sport

dammit!!! hope 3.1 comes out soon. some of my app icons are wrong. ive deleted them and resync'd and they are ok, but some of them i dont want to lose the data connected to them.

how about a diagnostic app that tells you how things are going on the phone. free winnage!!!!

SLK 350

Duke said:
Ref Duke Nukem

And impossible to control... been trying to get on with it for days! Wait for the controls to be sorted before spunking cash.

Markie - Try a few hard resets, sorted mine eventually.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1

Ragdoll Blaster is awesome.

Gutted I completed it. I want more levels!!

Just bought it because of your post. It's a great game. Flew through 20 levels over a quick cuppa whilst bored at work. I think this and Block are 2 of the eat games about on the iPhone.

More games like this please!

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1

It's so addictive. "Just 1 more level" "Just 1 more try" lol..

Lol I keep going back thinking nag I can use 1 less ragdoll. 4 in office playing now. All you can hear is the odd "tut, how the hell"

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

dammit!!! hope 3.1 comes out soon. some of my app icons are wrong. ive deleted them and resync'd and they are ok, but some of them i dont want to lose the data connected to them.

You can fix that without removing the app, if you install something to access the filesystem (iFile or a terminal of some sort).

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

There's 105 levels already and I'm
stuck on the meteor one. 22 or something?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

For any copilot users, turning off autolock sorts the dimming issues. Now got the iPhone mounted in the same position as my tomtom would go, and it's stopped losing me on the motorway.

E87 118d M Sport

So are there any problems with it that won't be fixed with the next update in your opinion?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Should be sorted. The poi database is better than the tomtom, as is the ui. The only pain is that if I'm using the radio I have to rely on the iPhone speaker which is a bit weedy. But tbf I rarely use the radio.

How much is copilot Warren? My phone should be here this week, so looking forward to getting these apps and giving the Tom Tom to rents/gf.

OK cheers, does that include a year/length of time of subscription to updates? Does it have camera locations?

E87 118d M Sport

the updates look brilliant. alsmost as if they got it out quick to get all of tomtom's potential customers, and they are releasing all of the kewl stuff via updates. prob what tomtom should of done.!!!!

How much is copilot Warren? My phone should be here this week, so looking forward to getting these apps and giving the Tom Tom to rents/gf.

lol, I'm sure you've been 'getting an iPhone' for months.

I've been playing around with music apps, enjoying them more than games at the moment...

Sonifi - BT (not the telecoms company) app where you can arrange elements from one of his tracks. Very basic, but that just makes it all the more addictive to see what you can squeeze out of it, sounds amazing through a stereo.

[youtube]RQ2DlWrA3_s[/youtube]

iDrum - Underworld - Far more detailed, scarily so, in fact. Loads of Underworld tracks to tinker with, pretty much every element of every track can be changed. Very cool, spent about 3hrs on this last night.

[youtube]Wch20n18_I0[/youtube]

Tonepad - My other half lives for this app, so simple and almost impossible to create something rubbish. Best of all, the free version does absolutely everything you need.

[youtube]Ry08QEBSoQw[/youtube]