ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS "must have" apps

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Re: iPhone AppStore must haves?

Been out and tried it out and am really impressed! Really
easy to use, menus are set out nicely and everything looks spot on too. Picked up the car and followed it perfectly even with the UV windscreen which sometimes gives my speed cam device problems. Played perfectly through the speakers too when I had the iPhone connected to my alpine hu even with music playing fairly loud. Some nice little features on it too like automatic day/night lighting adjustment on the screen.

All in all very happy with it, definately worth a purchase!

What app is this?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Installed co-pilot last night, used it this morning. Great app! Driving in, iphone playing through the alpine hu, sat nav instructions coming loud and clear through the speakers. Bluetooth still working through the hands free kit. Fantastic.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Not sure what tomtom could do better given the price difference. I don't need the charger/bracket, mine charges off the hu.

(Plus I love the live services, where you can track other friends with copilot on screen, great for meets etc.)

E87 118d M Sport

i cant charge mine as my headunit doesnt connnect to the phone. need a new one.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

The new alnpine's are very good. You can get them with parrot Bluetooth build in, works very well.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Yeah, received a call. The nav dissapears when on call, but straight back up when you hang up.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Only criticism at the moment is the postcode entry. The keyboard is set out alphabetically rather than qwerty, but that's being altered with the 1st update which should be out soon.

Yeah, received a call. The nav dissapears when on call, but straight back up when you hang up.

See, this is where its majorly let down for me.

Someone will call as I get to a roundabout and I won't know which way to go.

I'll be sticking with separate units. Although for £30 it isn't bad. TomTom price is crazy.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Agree it's a small disadvantage, but it does display thenext two turns on the sat nav screen which helps.

See, this is where its majorly let down for me.

Someone will call as I get to a roundabout and I won't know which way to go.

I'll be sticking with separate units. Although for £30 it isn't bad. TomTom price is crazy.

If you decline the call it takes you back to the app too.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Been using co-pilot for a day now, its brilliant.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182

Anyone finding co-pilot a little laggy?

Ive just tested it on my 3gs and it seems to take a while for the map to refresh to where i am and is often a second or so behind.

Also the instruction it gives me Ive already done:S

E92 330

I only gt my iphone yest, went for 3gs white. i have no decents apps at all? any good free games. i no nothing about the iphone so if someone could explain jail break and their experiences of doing it, id realy appreciate it.

also can i change text and ring tones to songs, guessing their mayb and app todo this?

any help appreciated!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

I've just installed the Sky Sports footy app. Seems pretty good :cool:

Also, on Paper Toss, my scores are now :

Easy : 54
Medium : 35
Hard : 28
Airport : 9

Only played the Airport one twice.

SLK 350

^No.

I've been rinsing quite a few apps lately (thanks Puy0), some useful additions are:

MotionX GPS - Great GPS tracking tool, I use it for cycling. It plots your journey, and records speed/route/altitude etc.

Runkeeper Pro - Much the same as the above, but also has Nike+ style voice overs. Also plots your progress for upload/analysis to Runkeeper site.

Tioti TV+ - Push TV guide, pretty handy.

Things - Organiser, pretty useful.

RealRacing - Great game, very playable racer.

LogMeIn - Utter p**n for any IT geek/professional.

Asian Boobs - Nuff said!

Citroen DS3 DSport

Asian Boobs - Nuff said!

I thought you were joking so I searched the App Store. Not only did I see this app does exist but they also have Asian School Girls photo gallery for download. Apple approve some odd choices yet deny other random apps.

Fiat Panda 100hp

Just downloaded Logmein, its ace.

Around me is very good too, just like what you have in GPS units, can see it coming in handy.

Fiat Panda 100hp

I've just installed the Sky Sports footy app. Seems pretty good :cool:

Also, on Paper Toss, my scores are now :

Easy : 54
Medium : 35
Hard : 28
Airport : 9

Only played the Airport one twice.

Lol, how much spare time do you have!?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

For the other copilot users. When navigating, ocassionaly the screen goes dull, like the phones about to lock. It never does lock, and touching the screen brightens it again. Anyone else had this occur?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Just read that disabling autolock should stop the problem, as suggested by Sneeks. Oddly it doesn't happen all the time, only occasionally. I'll give it a whirl tomorrow.

SLK 350

Kills it, just like any other app constantly pulling data via GPS while rendering.

182 Cup

Just though i'd post a few of my most used apps to date!

Run keeper - As said above very good app for tracking jogging and c an output to google maps after and see the track you have run 4*

Facebook - Obv reasons 5*

Sky Sports Score Centre - Free app this is amazing you have a shortlist so you can add the results you want to track to it. Also it has all the latest news and also a vidi printer, very quick app and very easy to use I would give it 5* a must have for any football fan. I do quite alot of football betting so the shortlist is very handy for tracking the games I have bet on easy.

In lights - had so much fun with this app, its like a virtual LED screen and you can type whatever messages you want on their, great for typing daft messages when out and about in pubs and clubs etc and showing to birds they buzz off it! 4 1/2*

Flick Cricket - w**k 1/2*

NME Radio - Pretty good app if your into that kind of music all the latest new indie etc 4*

Worms - Would be good but its very tricky to use and get used to with the touch screen, in the end I just ended up fuckin it off and have played on it for about 15 mins in total but too fiddly 2*

I've got the following so far, beyond impressed by what it can do...

MotionX GPS Lite - tried this when we went for a walk today and was blown away, amazingly accurate. Can't believe this sort of stuff is free! Missus tried it when we went for a drive, speed takes a while to update when on the move but reviewing the data after is pretty cool. Only downside, 2hr walk with this on and my battery was pretty much finished.

Around Me - Utter genius.

DrawRace - Awesome game.

Flight Control - As above, but even more addictive.

Ragdoll Blaster - Highly amusing and clever physics puzzle game.

Spent £1.18 so far, you don't get many things for free (or near enough free) these days, but the App Store is doing well in that respect.