ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS "must have" apps

1998 BMW e46 323i
Re: iPhone "must have" apps?

THanks Paul I tried that. In the end I dl'd it again but not via pc, straight to the iPhone. All working now!

E87 118d M Sport

Prowlr is a free web app allowing you to track your favourite TV shows on your iPhone or iPod Touch.

trio.png

This web app provides an easy to use, friendly, manageable tool to track up and coming episodes of your favourite tv shows.

Registration is quick, easy and free.

Add unlimited TV shows to your show list. Decide you don’t want to follow a show any longer? Just 2 taps will remove it.

Being a web app, Prowlr will never require updates through the Apple store. Any new features will automatically be added to your account when you sign in. Free of charge, of course.

Visit http://prowlr.tv now, add Prowl to your home screen and you will receive our customized dashboard icon.

Unique Features:

- WEEKLY VIEWER
Check which shows are on each week using Prowlr’s unique weekly viewer.

- EMAIL NOTIFICATION
Never miss an episode of your favourite shows ever again. Prowlr will send you an email at the start of each week letting you know which episodes are airing on which day.

- SYNOPSIS VIEWER
Check details of current and next episodes with Prowlr’s synopsis viewer by just tapping on the episode name.

For News and Update information, check out our:

twitter page http://twitter.com/prowlrtv
facebook fan page http://prowlr.tv/facebook

(thanks to everyone who submitted owl logo's and participated in tv polls last year)

Last edited by a moderator:
  E87 118d M Sport

Sends an email... Where's the push notifications!

you cant have push notifications on a web app mate. many reasons for this being a web app, not an actual app available via the appstore. mainly to keep it all for free (for us and for users)

It doesn't seem to specify it, but I presume that this is only for UK TV?

nope. US and UK. as you can see on the left of the 3 images, the network the show is airing on is displayed in the episode info.
FOX obviously being a US station. Top Gear for example would show BBC two.

E87 118d M Sport

I'm guessing you would have to insert all your shows into it though, which would take ages, I use http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/1-2010

thats a nice site mate. ive used it before.

however, its not iphone friendly. we carried out research and most people have less than 10 shows they watched frequently. so no, it wouldnt take more than a minute or so to add your shows, and it is personalised completely for you.

were not trying to compete with existing net based tv databases, just made a friendly, easy to use iphone/ipod touch version.

S3, Polo

It is very impressive! No voice acting though, just captioned cut-scenes which disappointed me a bit.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

About to downlo... sorry, purchase it for the missus' Nintendo DS Lite.

;)

S3, Polo

^ Apparently, the DS version didn't get the snazzy particle effects that the iPhone and PSP versions have...

Unfortunate. :(

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

^ Apparently, the DS version didn't get the snazzy particle effects that the iPhone and PSP versions have...

Unfortunate. :(

Bah. Still, it's the best game on the DS, so it must be doing something right.

Guy at work has it on iPhone so will check it out this afternoon or tomorrow when he's in.

I've been addicted to Street Racing Live the last couple of days.

Kind of like the old NFS games (but without actualy racing).

Buy cars, upgrades, garages etc. Then race people for money.

You have fuel and damage that needs looking after, and a bank balance that can be hit if you loose a race (however, transfering your money into savings at a 10% fee will prevent anyone taking it if you loose a race)

Can recruit a crew too, got my Bro on it.

Good way to kill a few hours a day.

Citroen DS3 DSport

The Mafia game is very similar but replace cars and racing for gangs and crimes.

Citroen DS3 White

Worldmate!

If you do a load of travelling it's the handiest app ever! Just forward all your travel confirmation emails, they build your itinerary with all the booking refs etc.

(Also on failberry)

E87 118d M Sport

cheers mate. we were kinda hoping that apple would approve it at most. didnt even think of the possibility of it getting featured.

1.8 Civic EX

just got "touchmouse" by logitech works real well. Basically download a small pice of software on your pc/laptop etc and it links the phone to the computer and use it as the mouse/keyboard.

pretty good for a free app, worthwhile turning the sensitivity down a bit though as the cursor jumps about a fair bit on the computer if you dont..

Cupra

iBomber - addictive free game where you are flying a plane and dropping bombs.
Scrabble - never been a great fan but this is fun when you are trying to kill time.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep

Touchmouse is a great app. If any golfers are on here myCaddie Pro is a great range finder and its free as well.

Facelift R53 Cooper S

Just had a look at Tapatalk and it has a few comments from you lot in the screen shots LOL

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup

Vouchercloud app is the winner for me this week, Was listed in the paper yesterday and for a free app its awesome!

2014 Focus Titanium

Touchmouse is a great app. If any golfers are on here myCaddie Pro is a great range finder and its free as well.

myCaddie Pro is good but if you have a jailbroken iPhone or you fancy spending £17.99 Golfshot Pro GPS is even better. By far the best golf GPS application I've ever seen!

E87 118d M Sport

If you haven't got a satnav then I'd get Copilot

is it worth the cash. ive been following the satnav threads all over the net and im still not convinced that any satnav on the iphone is worth it.
me and the gf could go halves on the tomtom at £50 so not too sure atm

dk

911 GTS Cab

Wow wow wow!

Update to around me, now has augmented reality when you turn the phone on it's side, very freaky, turns the camera on and shows the places using gps as you move the phone around you, you have to try it, it's very cool.

Also there's an augmented reality app which does a similar thing but has more stuff in it, allows you to search wiki for things nearby and it shows them as you move the phone around and you can click on them.

Easily the most impressive app I have discovered recently, next gen IMO.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep

myCaddie Pro is good but if you have a jailbroken iPhone or you fancy spending £17.99 Golfshot Pro GPS is even better. By far the best golf GPS application I've ever seen!

Mines not jailbroken and dont fancy spending that much. Can't fault mycaddie it's accurate to within a couple of yards and I've custom mapped my course myself so it gives me all the distances I want.

is it worth the cash. ive been following the satnav threads all over the net and im still not convinced that any satnav on the iphone is worth it.
me and the gf could go halves on the tomtom at £50 so not too sure atm

It's worked perfectly for me every time I've used it so I'd say it's worth it.