ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad 3 - Released March 16th. Pre-Orders start 7th March

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
When I ordered the iPad 2. It cost me £50 on Vodafone and £29 a month.

Now they want £275 up front and £27 a month? Doesn't make much sense.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
No both of the above are on 24 month. In fact i don't think i was silly. I think the iPad 2 was on 18 month. Could be wrong though.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
iPad on a contract is a monumentally stupid idea.

On current contract prices I'd totally agree with you.

However the previous deal was pretty good for people needing a 3/4G who can't afford the entire cost upfront. Like me.

18 x £29 = £522 + £50 up front cost = total paid £572. This includes 3g data each month.

Oh and that was on a 32GB too.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
What do I need to stream downloaded films from my PC, to my iPad? I'm not upto date with all this streaming malarkey

Audi S1
Sister just picked mine up from Argos. Only reserved it this morning, my manager who sits next to me has had his on preorder since the announcement and his still hasn't arrived :quiet:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Aceplayer might not be as nice, but it means you don't have to run plex on your computer. It's free too, no idea if plex is.

Lee

BMW M2C
Bonus, my parents are on holiday in Florida at the moment, so I asked them if they could pick me one up if they got a minute. They've just mailed me to say they've got one, and as with the 2 I purchased over there last year, it's saved me close to £100.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Bonus, my parents are on holiday in Florida at the moment, so I asked them if they could pick me one up if they got a minute. They've just mailed me to say they've got one, and as with the 2 I purchased over there last year, it's saved me close to £100.

Result.

Mine is sat in a UPS Warehouse in Avonmouth tonight, if they want to play with one :( Phoned them to see if I could collect it to tomorrow and they seemed a bit unsure, but assured me it would be open. I better not be wasting 60 miles worth of petrol!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Not too sure if they will have sold out by now, but I'm nipping to the Trafford Centre after work to see if anything has been left. Fingers crossed.

Bumder With A Buffer
Mine still isn't here, it went out for delivery on the van at half 5 this morning what has he done for 12 hours

ZOMG don't you know how hard delivery drivers jobs are.

They don't have time to ring your doorbell

Demand is high and they are stretched companies make little money nowadays

/deeg

Today's purchases.

9bfafe24.jpg

Love the new screen. 2 of them are slightly different colour (warm vs cold colour). But not enough to warrant a return.

Citroen DS3 DSport
iPad 3rd gen owners from this thread are b******s!!! You have forced me to sell my iPad 2 and I now own a new retina adorned iPad. I'd been so strong until today :(

Citroen DS3 DSport
You snapped like a cheap kitkat ;)

I certainly did. I thought I'd at the very least resist launch day! I now own a iPad with no 3G and 16gb less storage space. On the plus side the screen is awesome. Buying was easy enough without a reservation, I walked into Currys at 6 PM, and walked out five minutes later with a new iPad.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I set mine up as a new iPad, and the first issue I had was the sky sports app, said I already had too many devices, so I pressed reset and then after a few times it let me log in.
then went to sky go and tried the same but it said I already had 2 devices registered (iPhone and iPad 2?) and I had already made all the changes I could this month, pants.
then I tried sky plus app, it's been f**ked by retina, just doesn't work on grid view :(

At least my sky sports app works for this weekend anyway.

Last edited:
I got the same with Sky Go - which is odd as I've only used it on my iPhone before.

Speaking of which, my iPhone now feels like a child's toy after mucking about with this for the past few hours.

I loved how it automagically downloaded every app I've got on my iPhone. Oh and the screen, I love that too. It's rediculously good.