ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad Mini

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
So many idiots in here. I'm entitled to my opinion, just because you idiots have bought one and feel the need to defend your buy. Please tell me how there not pointless. iPad is hardly big. If I wanted to I could take it everywhere with me. If I don't have my iPad with me then I will pull out my iPhone 5. Simple really. Never once have I been doing anything on my iPhone where I've thought damn I wish I had an ipad mini which is about 2 inch bigger. Pointless product. The end

they're*

Used one of these at length over the past few days. I found the screen just a little bit too small to be properly useable as an everyday tablet. Certainly in the home. Also I didn't find it all that comfortable. Sure, it's light, but after extended use I found the machined bezel a little harsh and coarse. Not to mention cold.

Not very impressed at all.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Used one of these at length over the past few days. I found the screen just a little bit too small to be properly useable as an everyday tablet. Certainly in the home. Also I didn't find it all that comfortable. Sure, it's light, but after extended use I found the machined bezel a little harsh and coarse. Not to mention cold.

Echoes my thoughts. Held/used one for the first time yesterday, found it disappointingly small compared to our 2. Can understand the need for one if you use it daily on a train/plane, but beyond that, I can't see any reason at all why you'd own one instead of a full sized variant.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Interesting POV from someone who's used one for a while. Makes sense.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Interesting POV from someone who's used one for a while. Makes sense.

Agreed, I always had to pinch and zoom for browsing. If I wanted an E reader I would definately buy one. It plops all over Kindles etc.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
My Dorris has decided she wants one of these. I've looked online at various stores and absolutely everywhere is out of stock.

I also find the Mini more restrictive to type on. Just too small for the keyboard to be comfortable.

It's definitely a nice tablet, but its not for me at the moment. The resolution continued to be a disappointment, too. Back home now and using my iPad 4, it feels like I've just bought something made by aliens.

The 4 is a thing of beauty. Amazingly fast at everything. Incredible screen. Whilst I like the Mini, the 4 makes it feel like a compromise product. Cheap isn't the word, but...

Watched my 4 download and process an album earlier. Comedy quick. TBF I'm on a 120mb pipe, but the processing time for each track was rapido.

One other thing. I know the Mini's ppi is technically higher than iPad 2, but I actually found it not really any sharper at all. You tend to hold it closer to you're eyes than a full-fat iPad 2. So basically text looks the same. Fuzzy.

Mini is definitely a compromise product.

Clio 172
I want a 3/4 at the minute. Used my brothers 4, and the screen is beautiful compared to my 2.

Just watching HD films its so crisp and clear. Beautiful.

I can see what Roy is saying with the mini, bought the GF one, so been using it the last few days.

It's a nice size, but I do find it can be a bit too big (I have big hands, but feel stretched holding it in one hand) and hands end up feeling a bit crampy, but feels uncomfortable holding it in 2 hands. The iPad 2/3/4 is such a wonderful size, I'd go as far and say it's the perfect size for sitting on the sofa browsing, the mini is a bit too small, and find your self squinting a little/pulling it close to your face.

The screen is marginally better for films, but with walls of text bit can seem a bit fuzzy.

One thing I do like, is the lack of border. Going back to a full size iPad is stranger. Hope they follow the bigger screen/less border on the newer ipads.

182 ff
kids love there mini ipads and tbh there super light and effective, im very impressed and find my sell more on their mini's than the ipad lol !

Never above 25mpg
Finally had a play with one of thee in Currys yesterday, my father liked it, I really didn't!

I was really excited by the price tag and the fact it is an ipad but overall it just looks wrong imo!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've managed to track a mini down at last. I'm off to collect it this morning for the Mrs.

Can't believe the lack of cases for the Mini sold by Apple.

I've got a smart cover, but that's the only thing Apple offer in-store for it.

Sena Ultraslim is out on the 11th so will probably order one then.

133/225/CLS AMG
A mate of mine got the Mini for Christmas and brought it over for me to have a look at.

Have to say it was exactly what I expected, beautifully made, slick and like most things Apple it did exactly what it says on the tin. The size/weight is ideal for making it more portable, ideal for traveling and does everything the bigger models of tablet do. Obviously the size means that you may not sit and type quite as quickly or for as long but I've personally never considered it easy on any sized tablets anyway.

Would I chop in my iPad 3 for it? In a word, no. The iPad 3 (and obviously 4) are more powerful and the retina display is awesome.

Would I swap my Nexus 7 for one? For me no, the Nexus offers 32gb for £80 less than the iPad Mini but with similar performance so along with having the full size iPad I'm happy sticking with the bargain Nexus.

If I didn't have a tablet at all though, the Mini would be a definite consideration as it's a great bit of kit. The only thing that would hold me back right now though is that ideally I'd want a retina display and at least the same performance as the iPad 3 which from what I've read is coming to the iPad Mini in the new year.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Can't believe the lack of cases for the Mini sold by Apple.

I've got a smart cover, but that's the only thing Apple offer in-store for it.

Sena Ultraslim is out on the 11th so will probably order one then.

There lack of iPad covers in general is poor. Was in the Apple shop in Glasgow today buying an iPad 4 and it was Apple smart overs only the were selling. I'm sure they used to sell other brands covers.

Very true, in reality they just don't seem to ever be in a rush to create accessories for new devices.

I was also looking for a slip case for the iPhone 5, not a single one in the Bristol Apple Store.

Bizarre considering how profitable the market is.

Clio 172
where have you found one!?

we've been looking for one for weeks and can't find one for the life of us (me & le missus)

Apple shops? (Presuming you tried)

I thought they would of sold out, turns out they where having pretty much daily deliveries of them, and where hardly put of stock

RB 182
i'm in Scarborough mate, Apple haven't 'chosen' us for one of their shops yet, ha ha.

everywhere online has sold out though, and Apple said online that their next available stock is the 26th of January. ballache.

Clio 172
i'm in Scarborough mate, Apple haven't 'chosen' us for one of their shops yet, ha ha.

everywhere online has sold out though, and Apple said online that their next available stock is the 26th of January. ballache.

PC World/Curries? Phone shops (not sure if they sell them mind!)

Or Argos like above mate

CBR1000RR Fireblade
where have you found one!?

we've been looking for one for weeks and can't find one for the life of us (me & le missus)

Curry's in Doncaster.

I had a look online on their website and it showed some ipad minis in stock. I did "click and collect" and picked one up this morning.

RB 182
Curry's in Doncaster.

I had a look online on their website and it showed some ipad minis in stock. I did "click and collect" and picked one up this morning.

i've got sunday free, so i may venture over!

may be a bit hanging as it's my birthday night out on saturday though :dead:

has anyone heard about the new iPad mini coming out in March, i'm tempted to just wait!

Citroen DS3 DSport
Nobody but Apple know the answer to that but it's likely the retina iPad mini will appear around March/April this year.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
First impressions of the 16GB black WIFI model are good.

The obvious non retina screen is obvious but the screen is still really good quality. I bought it for my Mrs and she loves it, she's been on it non stop when she's in the house. I'm glad we got a 7 inch tablet instead of a larger one, I realised this when I was playing about with the different iPad models in Currys.

Megane 250
I'm looking to get an ipad soon, but not sure wether to get the mini or 4.
My girlfriends got the 10" Samsung tablet and i like the size.

But is the minis size much different when using it? Ill be using it mostly in the house but also maybe in work at lunch and when I stay away.

RS200 & PH2 172
I've got the mini and an iPad2 for me size wise the mini is great to take away for weekend and carry to work and back, even fits in some coat pockets, but when at home I love my iPad2 size, thinking of upgrading to one of the retina with A6X chip but at moment I can't justify the expense

Megane 250
I've got the mini and an iPad2 for me size wise the mini is great to take away for weekend and carry to work and back, even fits in some coat pockets, but when at home I love my iPad2 size, thinking of upgrading to one of the retina with A6X chip but at moment I can't justify the expense

Yeah I'm sliding toward the retina ipad 4, mainly because 80% of the times it will be getting used ill be at home or my desk

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Can anyone help my mum.

She has done something to her iPhone 4 and it needs to connect to iTunes. She is abroad and only has her ipad mini, bearing in Mind her laptop was primary iTunes sync, can she restore her iPhone wirelessly on her ipad mini?

She really needs her phone.

Thanks in advance.

So I got a Mini for my birthday yesterday and now looking at cases etc.

Do people have screen protectors on theirs? Also, what covers/cases.are people using?

Peddled device
I just got my mini after winning it on Ebay. I paid £285 for a white 32gb, which is a good price for a brand-new item, in an unopened box :) I was up until 2am messing with it !

The only issue I have is that I can't put my iphone music straight onto it as the music is not bought from iTunes :( Does anyone know how to do it?