ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4.0 Event April 8th

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Any devs willing to add my udid to their account;)

Id love to try it out now.

I did the same with my 3g with the 3.0 firmware but my 3gs isn't registered :dapprove:

Cheers

Does that mean another iPhone will be released in the summer?
My contract runs out in July so may be tempted to go back and get another iphone! Miss mine so much!

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah new hardware will most likely hit the shops during July and the 4.0 firmware will probably be available at the same time.

57 Clio Campus Sport
But there wasn't anything about new hardware in the keynote, correct?

Correct. But they've released a new iPhone every summer, iPhone OS 4.0 will probably run perfectly on an iPhone 4 or whatever they decide to call it

Citroen DS3 DSport
If i sign up to iPhone Dev, anyone know how many iphones (UDIDs) u can put on the account?

99 handsets can be registered but it's worth noting that last year Apple placed time limits on the beta versions and on 2 occasions the new software was only released a couple of hours before the curent version would stop working. If you plan to add friends to your account they must be in a position to get the firmware file from you ASAP after it is released.

SchwepTek™
Wouldnt really be for friends. Only me and my dad! lol. $99 seems worth it if u can get software 3/4 months in advance! Guess it'll be really buggy tho.

Citroen DS3 DSport
It worked perfectly well last year when I used the 3.0 beta versions. Apple updated the firmware roughly every two weeks to smooth out any bugs. £59 isn't so bad if you want early access.

Such as what?

The only benefit JB'ing has over 4.0 is that you pikeys can get free apps.

Two best things I've found about being JB'd is

1 - Intelliscreen - alerts on the lock screen, including the ability to read sms/email direct from there and launch email or sms to respond with one press.

2 - Mywi - allows you to tether without paying anything. Does it very cleverly creating a wireless network that you connect your laptop (or other device i.e. ipad) too that then uses the 3g connection. Works incredibly well, keeps working if you use other apps and when I used for the first time at the weekend was very fast.

172, Tiguan
smashing_03_smallB.png

pmsl!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Ive been using it for all of 2 hours.

VERY stable. And its not tried to sell me anything yet.

Citroen DS3 DSport
No difference so far but other than the stock Apple apps none of the others support multitasking yet.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Be interesting to see how it all works.

I like threaded mail support, and larger fonts in certain areas.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've managed to reduce the number of iPhone home screen pages from 6 to 2 thanks to the folders option, much happier with that :)

AK

M240i
sneeks said:
I've managed to reduce the number of iPhone home screen pages from 6 to 2 thanks to the folders option, much happier with that :)

How does the scolling work if you've got a lot of items in a folder.. Does it go up and down or right to left?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
The folders thing is annoying if you put an app you use alot in one.

I was trying to be clever, put mail, sms, beejive etc etc in one folder. So now i need to hit two icons.

Can you scroll along the dock for normal use or only when you've double tapped for the active apps?

Would be sweet, as then you can slam your super popular apps in the dock and then use the main screen for folders. I've only seen half the video so far, so don't shoot me if it's been covered.

Landscape on the home screen would be nice, too.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Only when you double tap, and then it just shows "active" apps.

But the third party app's aren't active at all as none of them are coded to work with 4.0.

So at the moment every app you use stays in that active area unless you manually kill the process (but despite this it still isn't running in the background, if that makes sense) kinda expected for something that's been out less than 24hrs. Will be nice to see some updated apps take advantage of this multitasking.

Facelift R53 Cooper S
Ive been using it for all of 2 hours.

VERY stable. And its not tried to sell me anything yet.

Why would it?

Backgrounding hasn't even been available to devs for 24 hours yet.

Hopefully the ad's don't take away from the experience, although Gizmodo would have you think it's going to kill all your family and sell your first born on ebay.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I was being sarcastic

This is what threaded gmail support looks like. when you hit the message it expands to show the conversation

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 46