ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (Read this before starting more threads)

I hope you can pre-order PAYG and the networks don't JUST let contract orders pre-order (would make sense for them mind)

FFS it's zero two!!!!

Huh? Since when has it been ZeroTwo and not OhTwo?

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German

if you buy a new contract, if you cancel it within the allowed time, do you have to give the phone back or can you pay a little extra to keep it for example??

I'm pretty sure that O2 explicitly stated that there was no grace period to return the phones if you are upgrading early, not sure if you're starting a fresh contract though.

if you buy a new contract, if you cancel it within the allowed time, do you have to give the phone back or can you pay a little extra to keep it for example??

You get to keep it for free afaik

I assume you still have to pay off the remaining amount on your contract, though?

BMW F31

Hoping O2's prices are the same as Vodafone's!! not sure whether to get a 32GB (which i may not use as I have an iPod which gets plugged into the car etc) or to get a 16GB and pocket the change?

thinking I may drop down from my current tariff too as there's no way I use anywhere near 900 mins a month!

dk

911 GTS Cab

just been through each month on online billing and i rock about 200mb a month but in feb i did 900!!!, no idea why.

Tesla MP3 2021

thing is on my O2 simplicity i get something like 1200 mins, 1400 txt, unlimited data, it also doesn't charge me for MMS for £20p/m

So i'll be better off buying outright most probably.

No longer unlimited DATA. Now 500mb

That is for the new simplicity tariff or any of the new tariffs, O2 told me that any existing ones will remain the same.

Clio 182 cup'd

just been through each month on online billing and i rock about 200mb a month but in feb i did 900!!!, no idea why.

p**n more than likely :)

I'll just been looking at mine, 700mb last month!! Just checked all the way through, I started off using 80mb a month, then its just gone up and up, over a gig in February!

Think I'll stick with my contract as long as I can!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German

The iPhone 4 is due to launch simultaneously in the UK and US on 24 June. It will be the first time that the phone will be available on more than one network from the launch date, and Apple's latest device has so far been received positively by analysts.
O2 has been the only UK network to announce prices. Options range from a £15 per month contract with 300 minutes, unlimited texts and 500MB data allowance, to a £65 per month contract with unlimited minutes and texts and 1GB data allowance.
The company has yet to announce the cost of the actual handset under these pricing plans.
A spokesman for Three confirmed that prices are likely to be released this week, but could not specify a date.
It appears that T-Mobile will be the only major network that will not stock the iPhone from its launch date.

"There are no plans to offer customers pre-orders of the iPhone tomorrow. At the moment, customers are encouraged to register on the site to find out more information about its availability," said a T-Mobile spokeswoman.
Orange and Vodafone have yet to announce pricing options. Both were contacted by V3.co.uk but had not responded at the time of writing, although Orange will tell its customers tomorrow how to pre-order the device.

Honda. Tesla Someday

you'd be mad to get rid of your unlimited data. screw upgrading to the new tariffs.

I use about 2.5gb per month!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German

Payg 32gb £570
payg 16gb £480

contract prices are £30 more than existing 3GS contract prices. Orders open in the morning. You must chose contract or payg as you order. Orange cannot provide any other micro sim at the moment the iPhone contract or payg, so no sim only shennanigans with them.

LY 182

Just spoke to Vodafone about my contract and double checking if I can upgrade etc. They're saying nothing on prices / details til tomorrow. Swines!

Tesla MP3 2021

Payg 32gb £570
payg 16gb £480

contract prices are £30 more than existing 3GS contract prices. Orders open in the morning. You must chose contract or payg as you order. Orange cannot provide any other micro sim at the moment the iPhone contract or payg, so no sim only shennanigans with them.

Where is this from?

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German

orange store manager! its on their system now apparently! lol

Last edited:

Just be patient.

No point bugging customer services like a r****d and then getting pissy because they don't know what you're on about. Vodafone isn't made up of 3 people. There's hundreds of workers there. Some chap on the end of the phone isn't going to know exactly what the web people are doing.

Worst case we'll have prices in the morning. Then you can all carry on asking more stupid questions that have already been answered 300 times.

We have shut down our test environment so no one can access it. The pricing that was displayed is NOT signed off, as per the tweet it is our test site and nothing has been confirmed on pricing.
Sorry DK, you know best

dk

911 GTS Cab

look, it may not be confirmed but its going to pretty damned close to have been set up already, thats pretty obvious.

ofcourse they're going to deny its signed off, nobody wants to be the first to play their hand and they accidently did, so ofcourse they don't want anyone to think they are confirmed prices in case someone announces prices soon and are cheaper:rolleyes:

Or maybe they did that deliberately and want the competition to base their responses from those prices.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German

14wanp1.png

On any apple product page, in the top left by the search bar, give it a few seconds and a chat options appears.

But it's completely pointless. They won't tell you anything.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German

it was taken from another website mate so i dont know, im just trying to calm people down with a bit of hope! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.