ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (Read this before starting more threads)

Is that number free to text?

Rev's you got any contract left? If so are you going PAYG or upgrade?

PAYG mate. Sold my 3GS. Will order the 4 from Apple next Tuesday.

Want to bet? Its not hard to talk o2 down. Especially after the other couriers release prices. I presumed the 40% I get off now would be continued, which might work if I do it online. I'll just have to see

Okay. You know best obviously. :rolleyes:

BMW 330ci Clubsport

Okay. You know best obviously. :rolleyes:
Have you never spoken to Customer Care? You should consider it, they'll do a lot to try and keep you on their network. A year and a bit ago I rung up saying I wanted to cancel to join T-Mobile and get a G1, they offered me a £45 a month contract and free HTC Touch Diamond, with 40% off. Admittedly the Diamond was painfully slow, but after a new ROM life was a bit easier

New iPhone 4 Tarrifs are here: http://shop.o2.co.uk/new-iphone/tariffs.html
Unlimited texts are here to stay! However the data has been limited

Last edited:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
New tariffs:

Http://shop.o2.co.uk/new-iphone/tariffs.html

Shite.

Edit: as above!

Leon Cupra 300

^ I'm on 40% discount at the moment, but i don't think for a minute i'll get it on the iPhone.

I'll sort it out after i've ordered the phone, before now i've rung customer services and said that someone promised me whatever off blah blah and they just knock money off like that.

if not i'm not arsed though.

I got an email from O2 last night offering me the upgrade to the iPhone 4 :D

182 RB FF

I got an emialed from O2 last night offering me the upgrade to the iPhone 4 :D

lol, anyone who signed up for it got it awell.

So no more unlimited data on these new Tarrifs...

Leon Cupra 300

Those new contracts are b****cks. what happened to unlimited data? how much are you likely to get through in a month?

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

Data is limited to 500mb per month after October 2010! Shite offer.

SLK 350

1276175669.jpg

For ease.

182 RB FF

Still no news on price of phone either...

Lee

BMW M2C

On the subject of data, have any of you ever looked at your stats on your 3G/3GS?

I've used mine loads for streaming video and radio, but in over 12 months the total is only 525mb sent and 3.6gb received. I rarely bother turning on the wifi either so that's all over the network.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
think thats just a bolt on on top of your normal 500/750mb or 1GB allowances isn't it!?

Doesn't look like it, there are 2 additional bolt ons that increase your data allowance by 500MB and 1GB for 5 and 10 quid respectively.

Removing the unlimited data, exactly what I expected!!!

Anyone who 'upgrades' to that offer, imo, is desperate.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

think thats just a bolt on on top of your normal 500/750mb or 1GB allowances isn't it!?

No uk data on contact is limited to 500mb then you can add bolt ons.

Will be interesting to see 3 mobiles offer as i doubt ill be staying with O2 now.

Audi S1

That is a joke that they have done that with the Data tbh lol

Leon Cupra 300

Anyone know how much you're likely to use? data wise... if it's not going to be over 500meg then i aint bothered if its limited, but i dont want to have to pay another fiver to get more.

Lee

BMW M2C

Anyone know how much you're likely to use? data wise... if it's not going to be over 500meg then i aint bothered if its limited, but i dont want to have to pay another fiver to get more.

Looing at my phone I've only sent 524mb and received 3.6gb total and that's from new over 12 months ago, god knows how anyone would use more then 500mb a month on a phone, unless they're tethering it to a laptop.

It's not like you ever download massive things over the network as you can't download anything over 10mb from the appstore unless you're using wifi.

Not that it bothers me, I'm due my annual upgrade as a business customer, so mine will remain as it is for another 12 months.

BMW 330ci Clubsport

Those new contracts are b****cks. what happened to unlimited data? how much are you likely to get through in a month?
The unlimited data wasn't really unlimited anyway. Fair usage for the iPhone contracts on unlimited data was 1 GB. (On a non-iPhone contract the fair usage is 250MB)

Clio 172 Mk2

seriously why the f**k is everyone moaning? I bet 99% of you don't come anywhere near using 500mb of data a month so what does it matter? Its like them saying you only get 2000 texts instead of unlimited, as if you'll ever use them

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

FFS at limiting data, I have no idea how much I use at current, but the point is I don't have to worry... ffs!

If we're not using over 500mb, then why even bother limiting it for the few that are?

Using my dongle for work, I often make it through almost 3gb a month, so I can see why tethering would make you go over, but you have to pay more to use it for that unless its jailbroken anyways!

I'll be sticking to my current contract and buying PAYG on release date.

Lee

BMW M2C

FFS, you lot haven't even got a clue what you're moaning about. Next you'll be suggesting they pay you to take an iPhone 4!

AK

M240i
Looing at my phone I've only sent 524mb and received 3.6gb total and that's from new over 12 months ago, god knows how anyone would use more then 500mb a month on a phone, unless they're tethering it to a laptop.

It's not like you ever download massive things over the network as you can't download anything over 10mb from the appstore unless you're using wifi.

Not that it bothers me, I'm due my annual upgrade as a business customer, so mine will remain as it is for another 12 months.

I've used over a gig this month and that's with no tethering lol. However my home net has been down so some of my downloads have been on 3g instead of wifi..

Tesla MP3 2021

Right, so just to get this straight.

If I get the phone on PAYG and stick with my current Simplicity tariff/contract then what I currently pay for i.e minutes, texts and data will remain the same.

Correct??

Clio 172 Mk2

just to enlighten people i've had my iphone for 5 months and i use the internet a lot on it. In total over that 5 months Ive sent 6.1mb of data and recieved 17.2mb

Kinda sums it up for you all

182 RB FF

FFS, you lot haven't even got a clue what you're moaning about. Next you'll be suggesting they pay you to take an iPhone 4!

lol

Looked at mine and I won't be near 500mb a month, Used 2GB since August last year. Unlimited Txt is a plus for me and the lack of minutes isn't a big deal I rarely use 300.

Does anyone know what the International part of it is?

AK

M240i
just to enlighten people i've had my iphone for 5 months and i use the internet a lot on it. In total over that 5 months Ive sent 6.1mb of data and recieved 17.2mb

Kinda sums it up for you all

I've had mine 4 and a bit... :rasp:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 43
  Tesla MP3 2021

Also noticed that the new tariffs will charge you 20p per MMS.

Dont MMS's take up 4 of your text allocation on the current tariff's.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

FLOL, looking I may not need more than 500mb.....

MMS's cost if you have unlimited texts.

BMW F31

how can you tell when your cellular network data counter was started? or can you not?

Status
Not open for further replies.