ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Audi S1
I have failed hard.

Contracts in my mum's name, has been since I was 17, now 20. I was planning on going down to CPW and collecting my new iPhone4 on Thursday, taking advantage of the Early Upgrade Offer.

I thought I best ask some questions before getting owned by the cashier. Just called O2, my mum will need to be there with 2 forms of ID and her Credit Card. I can't change the account into my name, unless I buy out my contract - which I'm not doing because that is £160 where as the EUO is only £60.

I hate when a plan never comes together. My mum said she will come down with me, but my boss has still not told me whether I can have the morning off or not. Doesn't look like I'm getting my new iPhone. New I should of just bought the one from Apple on the 15th :(. I blame Christopher telling me to wait for the white one :(

DC5
I'm about to update to iOS4 but getting a message saying "There are purchased items on the iPhone that have not been transferred to your iTunes library. You should transfer these items to your iTunes library before updating this iPhone".

I've done File > Transfer purchases from iPhone but message is still coming up. Any ideas or should I just go ahead and update?

Colleague at work is having the same problem sat next to me. Any ideas?

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I have failed hard.

Contracts in my mum's name, has been since I was 17, now 20. I was planning on going down to CPW and collecting my new iPhone4 on Thursday, taking advantage of the Early Upgrade Offer.

I thought I best ask some questions before getting owned by the cashier. Just called O2, my mum will need to be there with 2 forms of ID and her Credit Card. I can't change the account into my name, unless I buy out my contract - which I'm not doing because that is £160 where as the EUO is only £60.

I hate when a plan never comes together. My mum said she will come down with me, but my boss has still not told me whether I can have the morning off or not. Doesn't look like I'm getting my new iPhone. New I should of just bought the one from Apple on the 15th :(. I blame Christopher telling me to wait for the white one :(

Get mammy to phone in work for you.

"Hi. Ronnie has to go to the dentist this morning, so ill be bringing him back to work at lunch time.

Thanks, Milf"

Go get iphone. Simples!!!

DC5
I had the same issue, but with my bro, he holds my contract, fortunately he's an apple nut too, so we're queing together. :D

Doing the same for my bro. His contract is in my name. I am going to Apple to pick mine up, then next door to o2 to upgrade his.... assuming they have any left.

LY 182
For anybody interested about Voda,

Just spoke to them on the phone. They are saying they don't know what's going on with the handset. The woman literally said they are expecting to get some in from Apple on Thursday. Didn't know anything else.

Seems a bit crazy.

Audi S1
Just for reference, when I spoke to my local CPW. They knew the process of how things were going to happen. They said they will be receiving there stock today and tomorrow.

Speaking to someone in the store will give you slightly more accurate info than some tit on there helpdesk.

LY 182
They dont know, or she doesnt know?

She said they but it may have been her I don't know. She just said as soon as we know we'll send an email out to people who registered their interest.

This is too much hassle for my liking. Thinking I may just hold fire for a couple weeks til I can get the phone without queuing for ages and s**t.

Will have a nice new MBP to play with anyway.

Tesla MP3 2021

AK

M240i
If I'm honest I'm not a fan of the multi tasking.. The way all apps stay in the menu until you close them.. :dapprove:

Citroen DS3 DSport
Not long now :)

10x0622oub23523axdc.jpg

172, Tiguan
Colleague at work is having the same problem sat next to me. Any ideas?

Yeah, you need to sync it with the computer you originally synced it with when you first plugged it in and then right click on the iphone bit in itunes and 'transfer purchases'.

BMW F31
Woop just rang my local O2 store, they're not on the early opening list but they're opening at 8:02am like the rest! hopefully require less time off work now!

Status
Not open for further replies.