ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  182 Cup Racing Blue
Sorry let the cat out the bag...............the Iphone 4G is the phone that Apple will release 4 months after the iphone 4 to make even more money...like they did with the 3GS......blood boiling

Citroen DS3 DSport
Is this guy for real? 7 minutes of video about a f**king micro-sim!!!! I've not watched it but I'm sure he'll not say anything remotely interesting about it.

[YOUTUBE]8NDZTlOtU-s[/YOUTUBE]

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
ok, 135 page thread...

what does the new IOS4 do apart from folders on my iphone 3g?

Mk2 MX5 1.8iS - Side
Right. Just tried to update to os4.0 on my 3gs. Backed up, Downloaded 4.0 and the phone started to update. Got an error up saying "unable to complete update" on the monitor, and the screen on the iphone went blank. Now unable to get any response from the phone at all. Tried resetting (home and sleep button), got nothing. No reaction from iTunes when I plug the phone in. No noise from windows either. Phone not showing up at all. Help!!!

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Right. Just tried to update to os4.0 on my 3gs. Backed up, Downloaded 4.0 and the phone started to update. Got an error up saying "unable to complete update" on the monitor, and the screen on the iphone went blank. Now unable to get any response from the phone at all. Tried resetting (home and sleep button), got nothing. No reaction from iTunes when I plug the phone in. No noise from windows either. Phone not showing up at all. Help!!!

put it into DFU restore mode

How to: Clicky

if you cant get any response, hold home and power together for as long as it takes to kick back to life

Mk2 MX5 1.8iS - Side
put it into DFU restore mode

How to: Clicky

if you cant get any response, hold home and power together for as long as it takes to kick back to life

Nope, still nothing. Tried DFU mode. No good.

Tried holding home and power. Counted to two and a half minutes. Nothing. Will be visiting the Apple Store tomorrow. What are my chances of them fixing it/giving me a replacement?

340i
You cant do multitasking on 3G... the software is a "better" upgrade for 3GS's, tried it on the GF's last night. multi-tasking, backgrounds etc. all work :)

SLK 350
You cant do multitasking on 3G... the software is a "better" upgrade for 3GS's, tried it on the GF's last night. multi-tasking, backgrounds etc. all work :)

If you jailbreak it, you DO get multitasking and wallpaper if you choose to, and guess what? They work fine. FU Steve!

I received my shipping email at 1:30am last night, tbh I just want to sell it now, not fussed about it at all.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Both my iphone 4 orders have shipped.. still not taken payment though :S

I don't think Apple have actually released the stock to the couriers yet, this will no doubt happen later today after they have accepted payment.

182 RB FF
My mate works for Carphone warehouse and has sent me a message this morning saying they (as a company) are only getting 16,000 iPhones for tommorow, half of those have been pre-ordered to online customers leaving only 8000 for sale tomorrow. They were supposed to be supplied with 60,000.

Mk4 .:R32
ah sh*t didn't see that bit on the order status.

Hope there's a UPS depot near me as I won't be in to sign for it, lol!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm only buying on contract, sod paying out £600 for what is essentially a phone.

But then I'm a light user and 300m & 500mb will suit me fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.