ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4 upgrade due - what to do?

My contract on my 4 is due i'm looking for some advice on what to do.

* Do i keep my 4 and go on a pay as you go/rolling 30 day contract ( any advice on which ones would be great ) and sell on when iPhone 5 lands

* Any news at all on 5? ( expected release dates , etc )

* Sell my 4 and get a new 4s

I don't know what to do for the best , any help would be very welcome

Thank you

RB 182 Cup
I wouldn't say it's worth upgrading from a 4 to a 4S. Wait for the 5.

Until then, change to Talk Mobile SIM only or similar on a 30 day contract.

I was in the same boat recently and went for a SIM only deal, 200 mins, 500 texts and 500mb of data for £8 a month, obviously you can have larger allowances for a couple of quid more.

This way I won't be in some lengthy contract when the 5 arrives.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Mine is due for upgrade soon but I am going to keep my handset and see what the 5 is like when it is released.

Bus w**ker
Voda in Mst European countries gives you 25mb per day free internet dependant on tariff. Otherwise it's £2 per day.

Life save when I go the ring! :)

Which tariffs are those Ben? I was happy with £2 a day for 25mb but free I like even more, unless the tariff costs £100 a month lol.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Voda in Mst European countries gives you 25mb per day free internet dependant on tariff. Otherwise it's £2 per day.

Life save when I go the ring! :)

This was superb on my recent trip to munich, worked great. I rinsed it too.

work for BMW
Definitely go rolling.

Anyone heard of the new network called giffgaff??
really really cheap rolling contracts but I don't know anyone who is on it

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Waiting for the 5 seems to make sense now its almost certainly not very long till it comes out.

Properly intrigued as to if its going to be evolution again or revolution this time.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I think iOS 6 will be a revolution and the hardware an evolution.

+1 for Giffgaff while you're waiting. Transfer your number from o2 in a couple of days then when you want a new phone/ contract get your PUK number from Giffgaff pretty much instantly.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I think iOS 6 will be a revolution and the hardware an evolution.

The hardware on the 4s seems to work really well, so can see the logic there.

That said if they are too revolutionary with the software they risk alienating users who are very used to the current interface etc now.
Difficult call to make, but TBH I suspect Apple will get it right, they are pretty good at making those sort of decisions.

Just called O2 , their simplicity rolling 30 day deals are not as good as the Talkmobile ones > less mins/texts/data for more money! ( i've never been bowled over by the coverage of O2 tbh - did somebody say Talkmobile are on Vodafone? )

Is there any other alternatives?

Audi A3
ive got a giffgaff sim card and suits me down to the ground to be honest.

£10 a month

250 minutes
ultd texts
ultd internet
free giffgaff to giffgaff

work for BMW
Giffgaff just seems too good to be true, so it runs via the o2 signal?
I might swap from my voda rolling

Audi A3
as above, runs off the 02 network

i mainly call the missus and she's on giffgaff and i wont use an additional 250 mins to mates myself so.

Giffgaff doesn't seem to bad.

I'm on a rolling contract with o2. 900 mins, unlimited texts, 500MB Data - £15.

Hiya mate,

O2 are not offering me anywhere near that.

on a 30 day rolling they're offering 600mins/unlimited/500md at £21
on a 12 month contract they're offering it at £16

I use around 300/350 mins per month so would neem 500+ to be safe

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think it's October for me, I'll just go cheap rolling contract until the new one comes out, really no point upgrading at that point imo.

Although worryingly it may be next fall before anything is announced re: iPhone5, Long time to wait I suppose but plenty of cash saved per month.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I was thinking next year but the 4s was actually last year. We'll see what happens.