ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4S best deal at the moment?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Well Ive managed to finally smash my long suffering 3GS screen so it seems like a good excuse for an upgrade to a 4S instead now.

I need 1500+ mins a month, so looking for cheapest place for either a large number of minutes or unlimited.

My local tesco near to where I work a lot at the moment has tmobile unlimited mins 4S for 41 quid a month over 2 years, that seems like a pretty good deal to me but does anyone know of anything better?

I'd prefer to be on O2 if the cost was close as there is marginally better signal some of the places I go than on tmobile/orange, but TBH not enough so to make it worth paying 20 quid a month or so more like seems to be the case from the quick look Ive had at O2's prices.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It's a bit soon to be getting a 4S, only been out 5 months ;)

More than long enough for them to have finished ironing out the bugs now, TBH the 4S was good at launch anyway as its so similar to the 4 which they already fixed a few months after it went on sale anyway.

Tesco Mobile do some good deals.
They only do 1200 mins a month though, which I know I'll go over relatively often.

I've had my Galaxy S2 with Tesco's for about 6 months now Chip and have nothing but good things to say about them.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Tesco's access to BT Openzone wifi is VERY limited. I've only found one hotspot that was Tesco friendly.

I don't know if this is one of your considerations though.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Tesco's access to BT Openzone wifi is VERY limited. I've only found one hotspot that was Tesco friendly.

I don't know if this is one of your considerations though.

Not a concern at all, have btopenzone access via my broadband, but TBH I hardly ever use it anyway.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'd suggest GiffGaff and a sim free one.

Interesting, just been looking though and at 25 quid a month, you would have to get a sim free phone for 480 quid just to break even for the tesco deal and that would then limit you to only 1500 mins a month onf giffgaff versus double that on tesco.
so it doesnt really seem to quite stack up TBH.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Interesting, just been looking though and at 25 quid a month, you would have to get a sim free phone for 480 quid just to break even for the tesco deal and that would then limit you to only 1500 mins a month onf giffgaff versus double that on tesco.
so it doesnt really seem to quite stack up TBH.

Yeah, if minutes are your thing then the tesco one makes sense.

Data wise the giffgaff deal is unbeatable, the not being tied for 24months appeals more to me personally. But i can see why you'd go for tesco. Tmobile also do the same deal with unlimited everything for £1 more a month. But then you have to put up with being on tmobile/orange for 2 years.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah, if minutes are your thing then the tesco one makes sense.

Yeah I dont tend to use more than half a gig anyway TBH, so 1 gig should be plenty. But minutes wise Ive been on 1200 and keep going over and getting whacked with a 100 quid bill and then forgetting to change tariff so figured new phone was best time to sort it.

Data wise the giffgaff deal is unbeatable, the not being tied for 24months appeals more to me personally. But i can see why you'd go for tesco. Tmobile also do the same deal with unlimited everything for £1 more a month. But then you have to put up with being on tmobile/orange for 2 years.

Knowing my luck Tesco will move to tmobile or even worse to 3, lol

I saw the unlimited deals but TBH the one Tim put up is double what i'd use for mins and data, and 10 times what I would use for text, so should be effectively the same as no limit to me anyway.

Need to work out what deal to put my blackberry on now as well, but less of a rush on that.
Can probably go to something cheaper now I have extra minutes on the iphone and the 4s battery life means i can use it more than I did the 3gs too so can probably drop the mins on my BB tariff.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Less than 24 hours.

Love how neatly they are packaged etc, apple are so good at getting the little things right.

Dont like the profile of it in my hand compared to my 3GS though, but the better screen etc makes up for that I guess.

What I really want is a 4S in a 3gs shell, but im guessing thats not exactly an easy mod to do, lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Got a link?

Loved my 3gs so much, the way the curved edges make it slide in and out of your pocket easily even when you are sat down etc

Dont know what they changed to the nasty square form :(

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
That was quick delivery.

You'll get used to how the 4S feels soon. I preferred the feel of the 3GS but now it feels weird if I use it.

I'm with Tesco too. Can't knock the service at all. Actually get a better signal than what I did when I was with O2.

Just finished my year contract with them, so now i'm paying £15 p/m until the 5 is released. Boom!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
My iPhone 4 contract runs out next month. I think I'll stick it out in the hope of #5 being released in September-ish.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

My 3gs connector seems to be busted, cant charge it and cant connect it to itunes to get all my images etc off of it.

Anyone know of a decent app that will zip up all images in my library so I can email them or something like that? as still got tiny bit of charge left to send them with.

Clio 1.2 16V

My 3gs connector seems to be busted, cant charge it and cant connect it to itunes to get all my images etc off of it.

Anyone know of a decent app that will zip up all images in my library so I can email them or something like that? as still got tiny bit of charge left to send them with.

Try dropbox, it lets you upload stuff off your iPhone (theres a dropbox app) then you can download it back to your PC. It what I used as a back up. Also if you download the pc application itll sync any files you upload automatically to your PC which is pretty cool. Not sure if there's any better ones but it works for me :).

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
found an app called idrive thats free and seems to do it pretty well, just done contacts successfull from one to the other, trying pics now but not got a lot of battery left.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
arse, its munching through my last bit of battery quicker than its uploading the images :(

Guess I'll need to get the 3gs fixed, but I want to keep it anyway so I guess thats not the end of the world.

Best place to get them fixed? Apple store or is there a better option?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Phoned the local repair shop, he said 20 quid for a new dock connector fitted and 35 for a new screen, doesnt seem worth messing around with myself if for 55 quid it will be sorted, then I can just keep it as an ipod for the car etc now that I have the 4s.