ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters
  An orange one
Didn't the 'genius' try to 'test' the phone, the hassle I got last month when having my misses 64gb 5 replaced for various issues was unreal.

nah I was in and out in under 5 mins with a shiny unmarked phone, he only tried to blame the cable until I told him I have 2 genuine ones and they are both not working

Can't be bothered to go back through the thread but, would it be worth upgrading from an iPhone 4S to an iPhone 5? Might have the chance to upgrade in around 2 months, so just thinking ATM lol

That really depends on wether or not you're the type of guy who absolutely must always have the latest phone, and will feel inadequate with an older handset. Considering you are still rolling with a 4S, then I guess you're probably not.

There's always going to be a new one on the horizon. I just changed from a vagrant-spec iPhone 4 to a 5, and I don't regret it. If a 5S was to be released tomorrow, I wouldn't be bothered at all unless it came with a Teasmade. A new form factor would obviously be a bit of a bummer, but even then...I rolled with a 4 for long enough, never upgraded to a 4S, and didn't get too excited about the 5 when it was released, so I'm sure I'd deal with it.

Having said that, it's a tough call to make. Really, only you can decide if you'll be bothered about the phone being upgraded in a few months. Personally I don't think I'll care, but if I do, then I'll sell the 5 and get the new one. No big deal. I roll SIM only though, so I have flexibility with handsets. If you're gonna be tied to a 24 months contract, then it would possibly be wise to wait for the next phone.

Megane 250
That really depends on wether or not you're the type of guy who absolutely must always have the latest phone, and will feel inadequate with an older handset. Considering you are still rolling with a 4S, then I guess you're probably not.

There's always going to be a new one on the horizon. I just changed from a vagrant-spec iPhone 4 to a 5, and I don't regret it. If a 5S was to be released tomorrow, I wouldn't be bothered at all unless it came with a Teasmade. A new form factor would obviously be a bit of a bummer, but even then...I rolled with a 4 for long enough, never upgraded to a 4S, and didn't get too excited about the 5 when it was released, so I'm sure I'd deal with it.

Having said that, it's a tough call to make. Really, only you can decide if you'll be bothered about the phone being upgraded in a few months. Personally I don't think I'll care, but if I do, then I'll sell the 5 and get the new one. No big deal. I roll SIM only though, so I have flexibility with handsets. If you're gonna be tied to a 24 months contract, then it would possibly be wise to wait for the next phone.

Yeah, I doubt ill upgrade tbh, I don't think there's enough difference to make me want to upgrade yet, considering In the next 6-8 months there's a good chance if a new iphone.

Only thing making me want to is that if I do upgrade I can sell my mint 4S for £200 and have that little extra cash just before I go on holiday...

ST
nah I was in and out in under 5 mins with a shiny unmarked phone, he only tried to blame the cable until I told him I have 2 genuine ones and they are both not working

Fair enough... I'm going to try and get mine sorted this weekend.

ST
agy5e9e9.jpg

As above lol

Bus w**ker
Has anyone used any of the knock off 30 pin to lightning adaptors and found one that will charge and also pass audio? I've got a feeling they'll charge but not do the audio :dapprove: and I only need one for a dock I take away with me on holiday, so it'll only get a few uses a year, and really don't want to pay £25 for one...yeah I'm being cheap.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone used any of the knock off 30 pin to lightning adaptors and found one that will charge and also pass audio? I've got a feeling they'll charge but not do the audio :dapprove: and I only need one for a dock I take away with me on holiday, so it'll only get a few uses a year, and really don't want to pay £25 for one...yeah I'm being cheap.

Hi chap,

See posts #3821 - 3823 for more info. Maybe I should rent mine out?

Titanium 182
Nope. Even the official one doesn't pass audio through my B&W Zeppelin Mini, which makes my dock totally redundant now - annoying!

Bus w**ker
Hi chap,

See posts #3821 - 3823 for more info. Maybe I should rent mine out?
Cheers, I knew someone had said they'd found one but couldn't remember who and the search turned up jack. I'll grab one and if these different ones don't work I'll send it back along with a turd.

Nope. Even the official one doesn't pass audio through my B&W Zeppelin Mini, which makes my dock totally redundant now - annoying!

Ouch, that sucks. Have you tried a different official adapter just incase you've got a duff one?

Bus w**ker
I bought it six months ago, but I'll give it a try.

It'll have the standard years warrantee, if you're taking it back to an Apple store you may need to book a genius appointment - not too sure with it being an accessory.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
My camera had a wee huff earlier. Will watch out for it happening again. That's on my replacement 5 that I got 7 days ago.

Bus w**ker
Nope. You need to charge your battery FYI.

I did have the screen dim thing the other day, piece of s**t.

ST
It's alright, it's plugged into my MBP just now syncing.. The batt is horrific on it, I'll see if I can get an appointment this wk.

Bus w**ker
Yeah the battery life on the 5 compared to my 4, even when it was jailbroke, is f**king shite and the 4 was never great.

a3edyvyb.jpg

Bus w**ker
No, I'm a realist. I expect the battery to be shite on a phone that does so much (and I do hammer mine from when I get up till I go to bed), just didn't expect it to get so much worse between the 4 and the 5.

Could be worse, it could be an Android.

ST
No, I'm a realist. I expect the battery to be shite on a phone that does so much (and I do hammer mine from when I get up till I go to bed), just didn't expect it to get so much worse between the 4 and the 5.

Could be worse, it could be an Android.

Nail - head tbh, a few people in the office have galaxy's and the likes, jizzin off about screen size etc.. Send it an email with an attachment over 20mb and it struggles to download it.

Bus w**ker
Nail - head tbh, a few people in the office have galaxy's and the likes, jizzin off about screen size etc.. Send it an email with an attachment over 20mb and it struggles to download it.

I looked at Android when looking for a replacement for my 4. None met the spec I needed/wanted and they were a lot more expensive than I thought for poverty brands. I may move if the iPhone 6 isn't a big change from the 5...with a 48 day battery.

f**k you i5 hi xperia z

Intelligent input.

This! Just got a Nexus 4 to tide me over until the 5s. Dear god Apple, hurry the f**k up.

LOL. The Nexus 4 was high on my list for iPhone 4 replacements. But the small capacity was a show stopper for me - 16Gb with no expansion on an Android device is just retarded. Some of the spec is nice, but I've not used Android long enough to say if I could live with it or not.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
LOL. The Nexus 4 was high on my list for iPhone 4 replacements. But the small capacity was a show stopper for me - 16Gb with no expansion on an Android device is just retarded. Some of the spec is nice, but I've not used Android long enough to say if I could live with it or not.

Had it for two weeks now. Two words, overly and complicated. You even need a separate app to make the screen come on when I get a text message. I mean come on, seriously?

An orange one
My replacement 5 is going to have to go back too, every day it keeps losing signal and "searching..." When this happens it needs a reset with the 2 buttons to get signal again!

​only had it a week, losing patience with this TBH!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
My replacement 5 is going to have to go back too, every day it keeps losing signal and "searching..." When this happens it needs a reset with the 2 buttons to get signal again!

​only had it a week, losing patience with this TBH!

Can't you just toggle airplane mode off/on to get signal again?

My 5 is fucked, had a case on it since release and its knackered underneath.

Battery isnt amazing but I do use it a lot though.

An orange one
From googling it seems that this can happen on all networks and worldwide..

To make matters worse my nearest store is 80 miles away so I'm going tomorrow night at 8:30 :S

​It won't get me anywhere but I will be strongly voicing my opinions about their so called "awesome phone"

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm getting pretty pissed off with mine too! Every other phonecall I make is breaking up! Its really annoying me and I'm missing out important information too. Ringing the solicitors to sort out the house is too important to miss things

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Not that I'm aware of. I've tried it before now, sitting in exactly the same place ringing up and getting crackling and breaking up, hang up ring back and its clear as day