ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I'm bothered yes.... My iPhone 5 is on it's way out and would like a new iPhone 6 on launch day!!

I must be crazy...

Same here, my 5 is almost ready for the bin.

Are many people leaving EE? I plan on moving to 3 today.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
I pay £25 per month with EE on a sim only deal Free minutes/texts and 3gb data...

M135i
Is the norm delivery date 29th sept - 2nd October ? As that's what my email says. Ordered a 64gb 6 at 9 this morning.

320d M Sport
I don't get phone companies. Virtually every network is struggling to load their site or speak to people. In any other job or industry they'd be raping the customer now and milking this cash cow! Obviously it's busy and demand high but to have people on hold for hours and websites not even working seems like a f**k up..?!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I don't get phone companies. Virtually every network is struggling to load their site or speak to people. In any other job or industry they'd be raping the customer now and milking this cash cow! Obviously it's busy and demand high but to have people on hold for hours and websites not even working seems like a f**k up..?!

I agree, I see that O2 is still down. Surely they were aware how much busier they would be this morning/ today?

dk

911 GTS Cab
is it any different when tickets for beyonce go on sale?

when something is as popular as this, companies just aren't set up to cope, its just like if everyone who owns an xbox and the same game tried to get online it would crash, like GTA etc, didn't work for weeks, once the rush has died down its fine, but you can't realistically plan for those events.

same as if everyone in the country tried to boil their kettle and make toast all at the same time we would run out of electricity capacity, systems are built on average capacity plus some, not maximum capacity, theres a lot of that in the IT industry, you don't plan for all your servers to be maxed out at the same time, just isn't financially viable.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I agree, I see that O2 is still down. Surely they were aware how much busier they would be this morning/ today?
its 1 day a year, do you really think they want to spend millions adding capacity for that one day, when they'll still sell all the phones anyway, some people will just have to be patient and wait, thats all, they know they are going to sell the stock so why worry.

No iPhone upgrade for me this year, I'm sure the pushchair I'm buying at the weekend is more exciting (it had better be, the iPhone is cheaper) :(

I did order a 6 and a 6+ for work though.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
No iPhone upgrade for me this year, I'm sure the pushchair I'm buying at the weekend is more exciting (it had better be, the iPhone is cheaper) :(

I did order a 6 and a 6+ for work though.

I almost fell off seat when I saw how much these things cost..

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Are people seriously that bothered about being one of the first to have it?

I know people are in to different things etc but it's a PHONE ffs.

You don't get it. It's not just a phone, it's a lifestyle statement, it says to everyone that you rock/win at everything. You can hold your head up high when you walk down the street with an iPhone in your pocket and be the envy of all your friends/non-iPhone owning losers.

That and the fact that it would appear the 5/5S becomes scrap after 24 months judging by the amount that HAVE to 'upgrade' it immediately the new model is released.

LOL

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
You don't get it. It's not just a phone, it's a lifestyle statement, it says to everyone that you rock/win at everything. You can hold your head up high when you walk down the street with an iPhone in your pocket and be the envy of all your friends/non-iPhone owning losers.

That and the fact that it would appear the 5/5S becomes scrap after 24 months judging by the amount that HAVE to 'upgrade' it immediately the new model is released.

LOL

:D

ST
Pre order confirmed, 64gb 6 in silver, 12 months contract, 7gb of data, unlimited text/calls, 41£ a month with Vodafone, although the 279£ for the handset was a bit stingy but such is life.

dk

911 GTS Cab

LOL
do you replace your car every few years?

is it still working fine when you replace it because you fancy something newer and different?

you're doing some decent trolling recently, you're giving munson a run for his money!

edit:

and for the first 18 years of owning mobile phones, i replaced them every year, its only recently i have kept them for more like 18 months to 2 years by missing out the S models with iPhones.

Last edited:

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member

is it still working fine when you replace it because you fancy something newer and different?

you're doing some decent trolling recently, you're giving munson a run for his money!

I get replacing it etc, I'm in the same situation as my 5 is f*cked.

It's just how excited some people seem to get, it's like being in the playground at school.

Some people, especially young people spent an absolute f*cking fortune on phones, it's a bloody phone, no on with any common sense really gives a sh*t what you're walking around with..

I personally wouldn't spend that kind of money on a phone because to me, it serves a purpose of calling people & texting people, which is what phones do. Spending unnecessary amounts of money on this just seems like madmess to me & I certainly wouldn't be queuing to give them my money!

But as I said, each to their own, we are all different, just bewilders me why anyone would nurse such an erection over a telephone!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

edit:

and for the first 18 years of owning mobile phones, i replaced them every year, its only recently i have kept them for more like 18 months to 2 years by missing out the S models with iPhones.

Generally, no, I keep them and extract maximum value out of them...I had 125k out of my Cup over 8 years.

He he he, glad it's entertaining David, watching the frenzy of hype in here...over something that really should be so insignificant to everyone. I love what Apple have achieved and laugh at those that 'follow'.

...just bewilders me why anyone would nurse such an erection over a telephone!

Concise and clear :approve:

dk

911 GTS Cab
I get replacing it etc, I'm in the same situation as my 5 is f*cked.

It's just how excited some people seem to get, it's like being in the playground at school.

Some people, especially young people spent an absolute f*cking fortune on phones, it's a bloody phone, no on with any common sense really gives a sh*t what you're walking around with..

I personally wouldn't spend that kind of money on a phone because to me, it serves a purpose of calling people & texting people, which is what phones do. Spending unnecessary amounts of money on this just seems like madmess to me & I certainly wouldn't be queuing to give them my money!

But as I said, each to their own, we are all different, just bewilders me why anyone would nurse such an erection over a telephone!

thats the point though, its not just a phone anymore, 10 years ago they were just phones, now they are an integral part of peoples lives, people relying on them for calendars, reminders, internet, email, work, social media, apps, games, buying things, internet banking, airline tickets and boarding passes, sat nav, etc etc.

I use my phone all day every day, more than any other thing i own, and so when it comes time to replace it i get excited about using something different and better for the next couple of years.

theres absolutely nothing wrong with my 5, its battery is as good as the day i bought it, i just fancy something different.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Do people use GiffGaff? What are thoughts? I'm thinking of cancelling O2 and moving to them.
i have it on my work phone, seems ok, thinking about switching my personal mobile from 02 to giffgaff too, just annoyed i'll lose visual vm and the Tu Go app, but i'll be cutting my bill in half each month.....

Not a 320d

edit:

Is that anything to do with the fact that contracts once were 12 months in length, which then went to 18 months, and now 24 months. I await the day contracts are 3 years long. My phones are fecked after 12 months.

I think its cheaper to buy outright and get one of those dirt cheap sims now

Im using my works black berry curve currently because I dont have to pay for it but its complete s**t. I couldnt tie myself into a contract phone for 24 months. I've done that once before and regretted it.

BMW F31
O2 tariffs look crap.

Anyone here on EE? Looking at moving over.

Carphone warehouse seem to have much better all round tariffs when compared to the networks directly!?

dk

911 GTS Cab
Generally, no, I keep them and extract maximum value out of them...I had 125k out of my Cup over 8 years.

He he he, glad it's entertaining David, watching the frenzy of hype in here...over something that really should be so insignificant to everyone. I love what Apple have achieved and laugh at those that 'follow'.

yeah, some people get a little too excited, i can't wait until the delivery day with people posing every 5 mins whether the delivery man has been or not.........

for me, its something i spend the majority of my day using in some way, especially being on the road all the time, so upgrade time is quite exciting, just like getting a new car is exciting.

and apple are amazing marketeers, but if people didn't like the products, they wouldn't keep going back year after year to get the new devices, they would switch to another smartphone, its not exactly like people turn their noses up at android users, they just smirk to themselves ;)

i have a galaxy s4 too for work, and if i wasn't happy with apple or i thought android was better i'd be buying the latest android phone, but I'm not, I'm getting the phone i want from apple, i'll just have to suffer the galaxy for work.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Is that anything to do with the fact that contracts once were 12 months in length, which then went to 18 months, and now 24 months. I await the day contracts are 3 years long. My phones are fecked after 12 months.

I think its cheaper to buy outright and get one of those dirt cheap sims now

Im using my works black berry curve currently because I dont have to pay for it but its complete s**t. I couldnt tie myself into a contract phone for 24 months. I've done that once before and regretted it.
not for me as i've not had a contract for a few years, have a sim only rolling one with o2.

A silver one
i have it on my work phone, seems ok, thinking about switching my personal mobile from 02 to giffgaff too, just annoyed i'll lose visual vm and the Tu Go app, but i'll be cutting my bill in half each month.....

Looking at the O2 prices for the 6 and comparing with them with GiffGaff would save me roughly £205 over 24 months. I'd miss the visual vm and O2 Travel option as well....

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
We decided to wait until the initial rush is over.

Will go and take a look at our local Apple store next Saturday before we decide if we're gonna pull the trigger.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Looking at the O2 prices for the 6 and comparing with them with GiffGaff would save me roughly £205 over 24 months. I'd miss the visual vm and O2 Travel option as well....
i'd miss the travel o2 app, but i wouldn't save £200 with it over that time is my reasoning, i mainly use whatsapp to send messages and photos to people while I'm away rather than ringing them these days.

visual vm i could also live with, my o2 tarrif at the moment is about £27 i think, giffgaff would be £12 or £15, so that a saving of £12 or £15 a month, over 2 years thats a lot of money. I used to keep o2 for the cheaper broadband too, but now i have sky bb so that doesn't help me either.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
It was too close a call for me, I'll wait till the rush is over and decide in person which of the two to get. My 5 is still factory fresh tbh and works perfect, apart from the size changes there isn't a leap in functionality here (unfortunately)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Prices on Vodafone are very attractive with my 20% off. I think the 6+ is less than my 5 was!

Listerine & Poledo
As an iPhone 5 user, I'll upgrade to a 6, only because

1) when iOS 8 comes out, invariable the 5 will run like a bag of nails.
2) I dont want to have to spend out on key apps etc. on Play store, when I've already bought them once.
3) I had to admit, after a few months of moving from Sony to Apple, that the interface is just much better. Insofaras it actually works when you tell it to.

Same for tablets, Galaxy whatever you mention may be cheaper, but it just doesn't work as well. I guess that's the joy of proprietary software and fixed system spec.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Trying to cancel my contract with EE, been on hold for 25mins. :boring:

320d M Sport
Sorted it 2 mins by going into Stockport O2.

No queue and straight in. It's expected on release day and gone for a 16g gold.

The guy in store says it's really not been busy. You're more likely to get a 6 before a 6 plus and most people are ordering gold 64g. Other than mine he's only done 1 other 16g in gold. Hopefully should have it next week then!

Oh - and he's not hopeful of the site working at all today, the only other customer on store has been on hold to O2 for hours..!