ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6S

A shiny black one.
Mine doesn't seem to run very smooth. Seems to be quite laggy opening up apps. Email for example hung for about 4 seconds and transitioning between apps isn't very smooth.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Mine doesn't seem to run very smooth. Seems to be quite laggy opening up apps. Email for example hung for about 4 seconds and transitioning between apps isn't very smooth.

giphy.gif

Seriously though, try that, then try a hard reset... Then I don't know, as I hate rebooting.

Fiesta ST-3

Not sure it's entirely related to 6S my 6 is laggy ever since I upgraded to IOS 9

A shiny black one.
giphy.gif

Seriously though, try that, then try a hard reset... Then I don't know, as I hate rebooting.
Tried both, seems to have improved slightly, doing it sporadically now.

Not sure it's entirely related to 6S my 6 is laggy ever since I upgraded to IOS 9
Funny thing is I didn't notice any lag on my 6, with iOS 9 or 9.0.1.

The 6s went straight to 9.0.2 so I can't make any comparisons.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
My 6s was also laggy. When opening camera from lock screen sometimes it would pause for 5 seconds.
Back to my 6 now on the latest update and it's fine.

This 6S battery is insane. I'm guessing those with the Plus get an extra day?

The only setting I have off, is the background app refresh.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443778460.693288.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
if I put iOS 9 on a 1st gen iPad Mini....will it proceed to immediately s**t itself to pieces?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Confirmation of good battery life on here and from someone at work with one (I was concerned about smaller battery & 3D touch making the battery life suffer), so buy it now button pressed, just ordered a 6S to replace my 5S :up:

Reactions: C.J
I always go for the official Apple cases now, they fit perfect. I have had two leather ones and wouldn't recommend them as the corners wear really quick and start to look used. I've had a silicone one on since February and it's great. Only just started to show signs of wear and it generally ends up in pockets with keys / money on often.

I bought a silicone red one to go onto my 6s yesterday, I didn't realise there was a difference in thickness to the 6. It's only a small amount but I could notice it with the case fitting.

Listerine & Poledo
I always go for the official Apple cases now, they fit perfect. I have had two leather ones and wouldn't recommend them as the corners wear really quick and start to look used.
I had the leather case on my 5 and, yes, after 2 years the corners have started to degrade, but compared to the other offerings from Griffin et al, it's a good sight more long-lasting.

as for "start to look used", if you mean the discolouration, that's the patina you get with using leather. Still looks better (in my opinion) that wrapping it in rubber. my old 5 case has a completely different colour on the outside than it is inside...again, 2 years of daily use.

But, anyway, yes, apple cases only...also, it means you can use the desktop dock, not all the "aftermarket" ones will let that happen.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I don't particularly like cases that leave exposed areas, such as at the bottom like the Apple ones and I don't use a dock, so I'll probably be getting something else.
Has anyone got one of those tempered glass screen protectors? If so good/bad?

Golf R/Leon FR
I use bestskinever screen protectors. By far best and long lasting ones I've had. Just waiting for one to be delivered for my 6S.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Spigen cases are excellent. Check YouTube reviews, I have a Neo Hybrid...

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I'm not sold on 3D Touch yet. Especially for opening quick links....

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Has anyone got one of those tempered glass screen protectors? If so good/bad?

I had one of my 5s from pretty much day one, and it's still going strong. Two corners are slightly chipped because the female is a long, but, assuming you're not a month, it'll last ages. The phone screen underneath is immaculate.

I've got one waiting to go on my 6s when I get bored of this case I have on.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Well at least my case has arrived.. Cmon Apple/EE pull your finger out.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 73

Lou

ClioSport Club Member
  182 & 595
Battery life has been great on my 6s Plus. This still had 17% left when I took the screenshot.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443956378.664563.jpg

Fiesta ST-3
Genuine conundrum... Going to get a 6S plus but do I get Space grey, or white and silver. Always had a Space grey since my IPhone 5 and then 6 and fancy a change but I don't know how keen on the white I really am.

SQ5
Genuine conundrum... Going to get a 6S plus but do I get Space grey, or white and silver. Always had a Space grey since my IPhone 5 and then 6 and fancy a change but I don't know how keen on the white I really am.

Are you a female? Or inclined to do things Liamm would do?

If so get a white one.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Finger prints show up less on the white as well but space grey looks nicer.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I swap each time I get a new iPhone...

4: Black
4S: White
5S: Black
6: White

Shame gold and rose gold both look a bit shite :(

dk

911 GTS Cab
I still don't get why people buy a £600 phone and then cover it with £2 of plastic, just why?

I've not got a single scratch on my 6, the glass it ultra resilient, such a shame.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I still don't get why people buy a £600 phone and then cover it with £2 of plastic, just why?

I've not got a single scratch on my 6, the glass it ultra resilient, such a shame.

In terms of a case, very simple.

I drop my phone on an almost daily basis. It's not got a cracked screen, or any damage for that matter.
Almost everyone I know who rolls bare, has smashed their screen.

No matter how careful I am, the rear of my iPhone's always scratch.