ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone albums displaying duplicates?

SLK 350
Had this problem from time to time on both mine and my girlfriends iPhone, in the past I've fixed it by multi-editing the ID3 info, making sure it all matches. But I've never really understood the actual cause of it, anybody any the wiser?

This isn't my pic, but it's the same problem:
30lksx5.png

It seems to happen when the artists in an album are varied (i.e compilations), or when you get a song featuring someone.

I'm sure there's an option somewhere in iTunes to fix it, maybe the sorting tab or something, but I've exhausted my patience.

Anybody have a quick fix for it? :)

Megane
Normally I used to get that even when the artist was the same.
I selected them all ticked compilation, ok'ed it
Then went back and unticked it and it was fine.

iTunes needs some major rehaul imo

172 Ph1, 1972 Mini 1
iTunes uses the 'Artist' and 'Album Artist' tags to sort the albums.

I have always found that you need to set both tags the same for every song on the album, then if you want to say whos on the track you have to fill in 'Contributing Artist' and it comes up in brackets IIRC but i never bother with that any more.

As Omid says, iTunes def needs a revamp in this respect, its far too difficult to do and happens too often.