ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPod Touch...Do I, Don't I?

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
So basically, come september I'll be starting my placement year. This placement will be based 50% in manchester and 50% in liverpool - the trip to manchester will have to be via train due to traffic & parking, the trip to liverpool will be done via car.

Anyway, I have been thinking that for the train journeys, I could do with some entertainment, and as my ZEN Vision:M is rather old now (and tiny-screened) an iPod Touch may be better suited due to bigger screen size, and general gadget-ridden-ness.

Prior to playing with my sisters iPod Touch, I would never have thought of buying one, however they really are genious.

So, Ideally I would get an iPhone, however they cost £500 or so for the 16GB version, which is out of the question, and contract is also not possible due to me already being on contract with 3UK (and I still have about 12months left).

Ok, so a few questions.

1. Should I?
2. Is there likely to be any new iPod Touches any time soon? (I've just noticed some chatter online about a 'touch featuring a camera & inbuilt microphone - i.e. Skype etc ready which is interesting).
3. Anyone know of any price-drops soon to come to market?
4. Anyone know of any special deals right now?

I'm interesting in getting the 16GB version btw.

Cheers, James

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Cheers guys... think I'm going to hold off unless a really good offer comes up.

Apple don't do price drops, they just bring a new product out and ditch the previous one.

There will be new iPods in Sept so I'd wait until then..

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Hey, thanks for all the input guys.

Since my last post, I've had a few offers of second-hand 'touchs. I do appreciate this, however have decided to wait till september for the new ones - especially since my travelling won't start till then anyway.

Just so no-one else wastes their time sending me an offer, I am not presently interested :)

Thanks, James

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Iphones can be bought second hand in mint condition for around £300!