ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is my Aux belt misaligned? (pics inside)

F4R Mk1 Hybrid
Since getting the car i have been wondering if the aux belt is misaligned, as i know it can take out he cambelt if it snaps.
From these pictures can anyone tell?

It's the 4th picture that looks most out of line between the pas and alternator pulleys

crank pulley
utf-8BSU1BRzA5MDcuanBn.jpg

crank pulley
utf-8BSU1BRzA5MDQuanBn.jpg

altenator pulley
utf-8BSU1BRzA5MDguanBn.jpg

alternator pulley vied from the other side
utf-8BSU1BRzA5MTIuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzA5MTMuanBn.jpg

ITB'd MK1
you have 2 issues. It's a 5 rib belt where it should be a 6 rib (not a serious problem) and the belt is mis-aligned on the PAS pump by 1 rib

need a new belt on that now as the way it is will be cutting through the belt.

F4R Mk1 Hybrid
Yes it is in a valver, best place for the F4R :D I'll put a new belt on it then quick sharp!
Thanks for the info

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
That's very naughty indeed Tim.... I likes!

As Danny has said, you need a 6PK belt not a 5PK... school boy error though asking for a Clio 16v belt

F4R Mk1 Hybrid
I thought all mk1 clios running the F4R conversion needed the 5 rib belt though. I'm sure I've read that loads of times. Was more wondering about the alignment, which is off.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I think it depends on the alternator and crank pulley that you're running... never attempted a Mk1 F4R hybrid before. The pictures you posted above though do show a 6PK pulley setup so unless you've got scrubbing issues i'd run the correct belt for the run to save it jumping again.

ITB'd MK1
pretty sure it needs a 5pk due to the way the belt runs from the crank pulley. You'd need to trim the lower plastic cover in order for a 6pk belt to not rub.

pretty sure it needs a 5pk due to the way the belt runs from the crank pulley. You'd need to trim the lower plastic cover in order for a 6pk belt to not rub.

exactly that, the conversion puts the alternator higher than standard and the belt rubs on the cam cover housing. Get the belt length off the belt you have as it won't be anything normal (camskill can supply if you can't source locally).

I wouldn't stress about the 6pk thing, standard you also have to drive the ac pump. I don't run PAS and nearly went to a 4pk, but my alternator is a lot tighter to the engine than yours (more cam cover trimming) and it doesn't get a lot of drive on the water pump so I stayed with the wider 5pk belt.