ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this a good deal?

Clio mk3
Basically my friends gone into buying and refurbishing wheels and then selling them on. He's doing it with a friend that owns a tyre shop. He's offered me a fully refurbished set of rota grids and sprayed any colour with four brand new tyres for £500. Is this a good deal or should I shop else where?

Here's a picture of the wheels ready to be painted.
9yrapy2u.jpg

Cheers

Sounds good to me, quick google says that grid drifts are 600 new without tyres (rimstyle.com)

But i thought grids were more concaved than that?

EDIT: i was thinking of grid drifts, i think those in your pic are the grid vans? £792 without tyres lol, £500 is a bargain if the wheels are in good nick!

Cup In bits
The price sounds okay but tyres range from £30 to £200 a pop.

You could get those wheels for £250 used probably and a set of rubber bands for £120. Its all respective.

Clio mk3
Sounds good to me, quick google says that grid drifts are 600 new without tyres (rimstyle.com)

But i thought grids were more concaved than that?

EDIT: i was thinking of grid drifts, i think those in your pic are the grid vans? £792 without tyres lol, £500 is a bargain if the wheels are in good nick!

Might just bite the bullet and get them!

He first said £150 for tyres and £400 for the wheels. And that's having the tyres for the cost he paid but he said £500 all in