ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is this normal? petrol light on 182

clio 182
as above,

petrol light comes on, and trip computer says i have 30ish miles left in tank yet, the gallons used read about 8.8? clio 182 has an 11 gallon tank right? so thats an 2 gallon fuel reserve? cant be right and surely ill get more than 30 mile on that. only resently got the car and didnt wanna risk runing out of fuel.

any long term 182 owners views/advice will be very helpfull for my future referance. ta

i got 299 miles on trip then petrol light came on

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I used to be able to do 320miles no probs till my fuel light comes on.

Now get to 260 if i'm lucky, f**king thing.

I've never put more than 45 litres in and it's meant to have a 50 litre tank.

Dodgy one
I tried doing what you're thinking and it ran out at the traffic lights and i looked a t**t pushing onto the pavement and then filling it up 10 mins later with a jerry can!! lol

clio 182
Usually have a gallon left when the fuel light comes on and the computer will read ----

the first time i had the car n the petrol light came on it read 10.2 gallons used... yet today it reads 8.8???

god no! nothing that bad, always comes on when its in the red!

I used to be able to do 320miles no probs till my fuel light comes on.

Now get to 260 if i'm lucky, f**king thing.

I've never put more than 45 litres in and it's meant to have a 50 litre tank.

am usually putting about 45 quids worth of fuel in 1.11p at the min in scunny!

I tried doing what you're thinking and it ran out at the traffic lights and i looked a tw*t pushing onto the pavement and then filling it up 10 mins later with a jerry can!! lol

yeah i deffo dont wanna b doing that!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
1 gallon jery can in the boot, let it run out, then you know where you stand! I've done that with every car i've owned!

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I thought it had an 11 gallon tank like my 1.4 (trip computer registered 11 when it ran out 6 foot from the pump) however my 182 has ran out twice at 10.3 gallons and the fuel light normally comes on around 8.9 if its as accurate as my 1.4 then I'd say it was a smaller tank - usually got a spare gallon in the boot on long trips just incase

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
lol gaz remind me never to be a car off you

LOL. I dont mess about stopping everyday to put a tenner in, i neck the fucker then let it run right down over the course of 2-3 weeks then fill it back up again!

clio 182
I thought it had an 11 gallon tank like my 1.4 (trip computer registered 11 when it ran out 6 foot from the pump) however my 182 has ran out twice at 10.3 gallons and the fuel light normally comes on around 8.9 if its as accurate as my 1.4 then I'd say it was a smaller tank - usually got a spare gallon in the boot on long trips just incase
u have alot of comfidence in ur car then lol

1 gallon jery can in the boot, let it run out, then you know where you stand! I've done that with every car i've owned!
yeah good idea, i just done wanna look a nob running out of petrol!

Lol the cars French, I wouldn't go by what the trip computer says too much!
so how do u know how many miles u have done/got left/or gunna run out of petrol!