ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Its been a while...

RB One Eight Two
Afternoon,

On Thursday I gave the RB a mini detail as its been at least 9 months since it got a decent clean. There have been many days over the past couple of weeks where I was contemplating selling up and getting a diesel as i'm now doing a 60 mile a day commute and was seriously falling out of love with it. But the sun came out a few weeks ago and i went on a journey to find some back roads and I realised exactly why I shouldn't sell. Also giving it a good clean getting it back to how it looked last summer has made me realise I love it and i can't let it go, so its staying :)

So Thursday the interior was hoovered and shampooed first. As I am nearly out of products I only had SRP, AG HD Wax, EGP and some megs endurance tyre gel. These were used and it didn't look too bad. I made an order at Auto Finesse on Friday as I have been meaning to try out a few of their products for a while, really can't wait to try those out once they are delivered. Anyway a couple of iPhone shots. Ignore the splitter, i will be sorting this out next month.

Cheers

Ash

7234520734_8026664623_c.jpg

IMG_3720 by Ashley_Wallace, on Flickr

7234522638_12a6484698_c.jpg

IMG_3713 by Ashley_Wallace, on Flickr

7234524468_6c5d6b9abb_c.jpg

IMG_3712 by Ashley_Wallace, on Flickr

7234526554_14d86f966c_c.jpg

IMG_3710 by Ashley_Wallace, on Flickr

7234528054_af236d154b_c.jpg

IMG_3709 by Ashley_Wallace, on Flickr

7234529452_cdbe83331a_c.jpg

IMG_3708 by Ashley_Wallace, on Flickr

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
i was in the same situation travelling more and thinking of selling up and faalling out of love with it. but im glad i didnt sell after cleaning mine and getting it in mint condition i love mine all over again. loveely rb you have

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Proper fresh example mate. You should be chuffed to bits with that!

RB One Eight Two
Wow cheers guys.

A few bits I need to sort out then it will be back to being perfect.

- New Skoda splitter
- New left front fog light
- New wheels arch liner
- New under tray
- Wheel re-furb in a glossy looking silver, as I have noticed all of a sudden the paint has started to flake on the side of the spokes :(
- Service

FML.

Proper fresh example mate. You should be chuffed to bits with that!

Cheers mate. So need a new splitter as its doing my head in. Looking forward to trying the Auto Finesse products on it as i have heard nothing but good things from yourself and others on here :)

RB One Eight Two
Cheers Jack.

Does anyone have any opinions on what kind of silver I should get the wheels refurbed in?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
If I still have the car then we'll get something sorted mate.

RB One Eight Two
Cheers guys and girls, much appreciate all your love for the car :eek:

Nice mate. You still living with your parents now you're in Red Lodge?

Yeah mate still living at home.

will you post pics up when you do youre wheels i like the sound of gloss silver cheers.

Yeah I will do. I want a wet look silver but not so it looks like chrome if that makes sense, i think I need to have a look at some samples up close to decide.

I gave the car a quick shampoo tonight and a layer of Auto Finesse Tough Coat and i'm well impressed. I only had time to try out the Soul wax on the bonnet this evening and first impressions it is superb. Smells amazing, easy application and easy to buff off and gives a great deep shine.

Last edited:
  clio 182 sport
dont sell up m8 cracking 182 that ive got a titanium 182 and i want my wheels redone in silver soon never thought of gloss silver sounds interesting.

RB One Eight Two
Im keeping it mate, it's not going anywhere lol. Well to be honest I'm not sure 'silver gloss' even exists, that was just the finish I was looking at getting :) hoping it will be basically the same as what I have at the moment but a little more glossy looking.