ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jack slipped - dent in passenger footwell

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
So I was jacking the car up today to remove the front splitter, when I jacked up the passenger side, the jack slipped and has pushed up the passenger side footwell up (I use a rubber puck, but it slipped off the subframe, should've just kept to using old wood offcuts).

I've tried stomping on it, but any suggestions on how to get the footwell back in shape?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Block of wood on the inside and a big hammer

That's going to generate more force than me stomping the footwell?

I think it's one of those bends that's more like a pop, like once I get it past a certain point it will snap back into shape, but at the moment it's bowed the other way and needs a lot of force to push it back.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
That's going to generate more force than me stomping the footwell?

Yes a hammer will be loads more force than you stomping on it, and it's more accurate and localised.
As previously quoted, try and stomp a nail in with your foot then use a hammer and see which is better.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
For what its worth always jack up under the subframe where there is that plate with a bolt head. You can fit your jack head around this bolt so it will never ever move. @optical I think you had a good pic of it last time?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
For what its worth always jack up under the subframe where there is that plate with a bolt head. You can fit your jack head around this bolt so it will never ever move. @optical I think you had a good pic of it last time?

Yeah, I've just used the subframe in the past, but this was the first time using a puck, and I think because of the amount of caked dirt/s**t on the bottom of the car, it's just slid off.