ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

jacked up, bolts out, wheel not coming off...

I am confused? anyone have an answer.

changing the spare around. the car is jacked up, all bolts removed and enough space/gap from ground and tyre, but the wheel just wont come off :S

ive tried pulling hard to get the damm wheel off, but it just wont budge.

R5 GTT
Give it a good hard pull matey it will come of eventually. Had a similair thing on 1 of my R5's I ended up using a rubber mallet on the other side to assist removal.

ill give it another tug... i tell you the renualt jack is a #'''@***er-- took me ages to get it jacked up

S4 Avant
just hit the tyre sidewall at the bottom with a sledge hammer, with any luck it'll knock the top of the wheel free

dont hit it too hard if its only on the renault jack! if its on a trolly jack or axle stand just kick the tyre and it will come off!

172 cup
keep hitting on opposite sides of the tyre wall with the palms of yours hands. Once theres a bit of play, hands round the back and wiggle it off

just trying to find me a rubber mallet. although saying that AA said they will be here by 11am

u reckon the owner of the chav'd up clio next door to my aunts house will have one? ;) pic to follow. haha

^ yup, ive try pulling the wheel off, hitting tyre sidewall, but it wont budge, but i dont really have much faith in the RENAULT JACK to be pulling or hitting too hard.

Put a wheel bolt in a few threads so the wheel doesnt fly off and damge the wheel face... few good smacks on the tyre with a hammer.

Wud want it on a decent jack or an axle stand though.

personally wouldn't hammer a tyre side wall; careful kick should do it. copper grease on the back of the wheel/hub mounting face will prevent it from reoccuring

i guess you could use a block of wood to spread the load against the tyre/rim edge if you use a hammer

E30 318iS x2
give it a good dead blow hit all around the rim so not to damage it.

Once its off...get some copper grease and spread it around the hub and the inside of the wheel to stop it happening again.

BMW M135i
Or put two bolts back in loose and lower the car so theres some weight on the wheel should break the rust free around the hub spigot thats holding it onto the car. Coppaslip around the hub when you put it back on will stop it happening.

thanks for the top advice. AA dude did exact as what you guys have just said. Sorted. Copper grease on too

Jay

Dodgy one
Put a bolt back in, meke sure you get it on a few threads as to not f*** the hub, then give it a few blunt blows from the back, wi't boots