ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

jackzx6r's storm grey clio 172 from huddersfield

Clio 172
eveneing all, been on here a few weeks now so figured id finally start a build thread

please excuse my lack of knowledge, all my previous cars have been french apart from my last one(honda) but clios are completely new to me

got this from a guy at work a few weeks ago, his project (nickfantastic) is on here somewhere, the car is in good condition and i know hes a s**t hot mechanic so all work hes done is to a high standard.

first off heres my previous project, this one had a few small issues which built up to become a mojor amount of money so decided to cut my losses, buy this and break the civic

DSC_8846_zpsdfc44d4c.jpg

and this is the clio, the car is pretty solid, my aim is to finish a few little things that need finishing, which ill list at the end

DSC_0235_zps69ce3381.gif

DSC_0236_zps795c8e55.gif

DSC_0237_zpsac6be5a4.gif

DSC_0238_zps664f4e91.jpg

DSC_0239_zpsb8e41709.jpg

plans so far -

exterior
  • put the one 172 bumper back on, waiting for this to be painted
  • some sort of splitter, probably the fabia one that seems a popular mod
  • some nice aftermarket wheels, probably light weight. im gunna try the wheels that were on the civic to see how they look first
  • i possibly might be missing part of my rear arch liners, not too sure as ive nothing to compare it to but theres a small bit attached to the bumper, im a little concered about the drivers side rear, as where the filler pipe is alot of dirt is getting quite far up into the arch
  • colour code the mirror caps
  • make up a board for the boot, as either the original is missing or didnt come with one. got some interior carpet to make it look OEM
interior

the interior is pretty much immaculate to be fair
  • new set of mats
  • tidy up a few trims, gear gaitor keeps coming loose. may do something with the dash trims but to be honest inside the car is a very nice place to be
engine/engine bay

heres where things get a bit annoying
  • had a loud bang going through gears on a spirited drive, did a bit of googleing to find some info about the gearbox mount moving position over time. had look today and to my dismay the two nuts on the mount were very loose! so while i was looking i also noticed it looked like the bracket/battery tray had also moved, turns out it had snapped/cracked into 2 peices at the very back bolt almost under the ECU :(
  • so based on that replace bracket/battery tray, gunna do the mount as well while im at it
  • powerflex polybush the dogbone mount
  • wouldnt mind polishing the inlet manifold, may get a spare one to have a go at
  • i look to be missing the brackets or whatever it is that holds the radiator in place at the top as its loose, so gunna source those parts hopefully
chassis/suspension
  • probably will get a strut brace at some point
  • other than that its pretty sorted, lowered on cooksport springs already so thatll do for now
thats about it! basically i just want a clean car, and my aim is to get this maintain the quality and end up with a quality finished car.
im very impressed with the performance, nice to have the power there when needed

also if theres anyone around the huddersfield/wakefield area who woulnt mind me looking at their car to figure out what parts i need to buy for the bits im missing thatd be much appreciated

thanks for reading!

Clio 172
First job done! Got the engine mount and bracket replaced unbelievable amount of difference! Hopefully getting the New bumper collected next weekend

Bmw e92 335d
This car is up for sale soon. Very soon. I own it again. I think ebay will be point of destination. Some small jobs to do. Private message me if anybodys tempted.