ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Janspeed cat back fitted to the trophy

v6 mk2
pics of the new zorst, couldnt get it properly sealed at the cat so a bit of exhaust paste later and all is well. Sounds really good, nice burble on tickover and enough sound up through the revs for me. This system should have been on the car from the factory!!

Ian

(oh and yes the car is dirty, weathers been pants!!!) gonna wash it after the world rally.

Attachments

• 20082006154.jpg
    20082006154.jpg
    424.2 KB · Views: 124
  • 20082006152.jpg
    20082006152.jpg
    388 KB · Views: 98
  • 20082006153.jpg
    20082006153.jpg
    351.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 20082006155.jpg
    20082006155.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 272
  v6 mk2
cheers justin, made a horrible noise before we realised it wasnt sealed properly!!! sounded tractor ish!! sounding sweet now though.

whats wrong wi yours?

tiTTy & SV650
very nice the rolled slash cut sitting flush makes it look like it came like that from the factory.

v6 mk2
just got it from janspeed direct at 349.99 with free delivery, they just got them back into stock on friday and it came saturday am.

BMW M3
chunktrophy said:
cheers justin, made a horrible noise before we realised it wasnt sealed properly!!! sounded tractor ish!! sounding sweet now though.

whats wrong wi yours?

Loud as hell.

After 30 mins of driving, i can hardly hear myself think. Really boomy. One of the pipes stick out further then the other, and strangly it only seems that fumes are coming out one pipe lol.... looks like i got a dud one.

Spoke to Janspeed and they are more then happy to fix or replace and were apologetic.

Still looks good though.....

IMG_0010.jpg

v6 mk2
just had to go for a 5 mile blast round where i live, met 1 of my mates on the road in his tt 180, not up to much are they!!! lol

Thats the one I think I'll go for.. there was a track day racing blue 182 in pgti last month(Mark Fish tuned) that was wearing this Janspeed zorst and thought it looked spot on. You just confirmed my thoughts. :)

v6 mk2
cheers for the comments. spent a while adjusting it so it was just about flush with the bumper to give it that 'factory' look. the note isnt anything offensive.

as justin said its a single back box, weighs 8 kgs less than the standard system!!!

Cupra K1 & Clio 200
sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but does anyone know if the black brackets (the bits stuck to the roof of underneath) as seen in:

attachment.jpg

are included in the kit or do they come separatly?! ive bought the janspeed system (2nd hand), however i dont seem to have the black brackets....help!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
  RB 182
i've had my janspeed on now for just over 6 months and had the joint between the de-cat and centre section re-sealed about 5 times now, anyway i got sick of it and took it to powerflow in darlington today who made up some propper fitting flanges which bolt together similar to how the de-cat fits onto the front pipe. no more leaking joints and whilst it was in they made up a centre section to remove the silencer and it revs and sounds so much better.

Last edited:
  Blue Sport 182
How much of a power increase are you looking at with that system on?
i'd like it de-catting but aint pi**ing about every MOT getting it put back on!!

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
How much of a power increase are you looking at with that system on?
i'd like it de-catting but aint pi**ing about every MOT getting it put back on!!

Find a friendly MOT guy and cross his palm with a fine bottle of scotch or the like every 12th month and you wont need to faff...

Megane 230 R26
It's a big risk for MOT guys nowadays, taking backhanders... Now it's all computer-based and the DVLA can sit across the road on their laptop waiting for cars to book in etc, they can swoop on a garage at any moment and make a random inspection on anything from the fact the car is actually there for the time booked, to whether it's actually being done right.

Tbh any MOT testers who are still happy to take a bottle of scotch etc are playing with fire nowadays :S

Last edited: