ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

jet washed engine like a nob!

I jetwashed my engine the other day I covered all part that need to be in plastic bags but now my car coughs a little when I pull away:(
After I washed it I turned the engine on run for a while and it sounded like s**t and engine managment light was flashing this has stopped now but like I said coughs under 2kny ideas guys?
I seen a few threads already... So I checked the plugs as I had my inlet of yesterday to paint it and the seem ok.

Ph2 172
Did this first time I washed my car, never did the old Nissan any harm but from now on the Clio will have a filthy bay!

Kitchen roll and long nose pliers worked for me.

I'll check it later after work I just though it strange why it only does it below 2k not anywhere else in the rev range

Ph2 172
Mine was strange too, only under heavy load. I originally took the plugs out to check their overall condition and noticed #1 was soaking - Dried it all out and she ran perfect again.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
There is so much fail in this thread...

1) Nothing wrong with jetwashing an engine.
2) Avoid the plugs/leads/coilpacks as they are extremely sensitive to water. If you have to clean them, use brake cleaner or some degreaser on a rag.
3) Your air leak and over revving is down to the fact your inlet has not been fitted properly and it now is sucking in too much air.
4) To get the water out, get the plugs out and dry them, remove the leads and make sure they're clean and dry.

I just took it off again put everything back together even checked the airbox and its still doin it could it be the gasket?

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
There should be a little black o-ring under the inlet, at the back. Is that there? Sometimes they fall off.

Evo 5 RS
Just use degreaser ffs. Avoid any nasty mishaps. Water has a habbit of getting in places it shouldn't, that's why cars have bonnets and drainage down the wings?

I've managed to squash a ht lead hence why it wasn't sitting right and plugs are corroded when I jet washed it apparently, fucked the thread on a bolt at the back of the manifold :( bad times an feel like a propper muppet!!