ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Joe's Racing Blue Project

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys.

I've had a lot going on for the past couple of weeks, so the car hadn't moved until yesterday. It was looking a little worse for wear, so spent a bit of time cleaning her, then took her for a drive and a couple of photo's.

14708648154_b3364cf183_z.jpg

IMG_7287 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

14711038375_b8a8e62c36_z.jpg

IMG_7303 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

And a quick picture of the wheels showing the painted caliper

14524372059_11901f974c_z.jpg
I
MG_7315
by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

The car is booked in for a alignment setup at BLiNK Motorsport in August. So I need to refit my PMS Stud Kit + Spacers (again) and raise the height of the car. After that I'm going to get the belts done, as the Dephaser is noticeably getting louder.

That's it for now.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Ah, looking at it I think it must be. I'll get them changed over.

Me too Martin. It just looks as though the caliper sits slightly higher than normal.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I thought I would have been some kind of weight for balancing, but obviously not otherwise @Joe, would have noticed issues lol.

Maybe disc guard or something... who knows.
They've felt better than ever to be honest. I'll swap them over at the weekend though to be on the safe side though.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
gonna refurb my brakes soon, easy enough to do?

how much was the kits from big red? and do they also do a rear kit?

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
gonna refurb my brakes soon, easy enough to do?

how much was the kits from big red? and do they also do a rear kit?
Yeah it's simple enough to do. The toughest part would be removing the pistons if you haven't got access to an air compressor probably.

Around £25 for the front dust seals iirc. But it's obviously more if you want to replace the pistons and slider bolts also.

BiggRed stick the rear kit, but I haven't done them myself. I'm sure if read on hear that the rears are a bit a of pain to do though.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Looks good, like the brake tidy up Joe. Think i'll need to add that to my to do list. Mine look awful currently and now I'm running the F1s, you can see them much more than with the standard 172 alloys.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good, like the brake tidy up Joe. Think i'll need to add that to my to do list. Mine look awful currently and now I'm running the F1s, you can see them much more than with the standard 172 alloys.
Thanks mate, I'm pleased with them.

Mine were pretty bad also. And like you say, the F1's done hide the brakes too well. Which I suppose is a good point in some respect.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I took the car over to BLiNK last weekend to get setup. Decided to get for -2.8 degrees camber for front, with 6 minutes toe out.

ce976a9946a315f5ac37f6edc168882d.jpg

And then on Friday it was time for for the belts to be changed along with the dephaser and water pump (which was completely fucked). Big thanks to the lads at Birchdown, as the engine is so smooth now :)

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Its never that quiet when I go driving round those roads :/

Cars looking good !

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
With the water pump being ruined did your temperature gauge used to fluctuate up and down?

Car looks great as ever!
I didn't notice any difference to be honest. It was only when I was loosing coolant I realised something wasn't right so i didn't drive it.

Cheers :)
I do like this RB, glad to hear it's running well again mate.
Thanks Fletch, me too.
Its never that quiet when I go driving round those roads :/

Cars looking good !
I know, I was really surprised although it was later on in the evening. Brilliant roads around there.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
  SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Only had a quick scan of your thread will give it a proper read at some point.
Was good to have a chat with you. As others have said cracking car! Is an awesome colour and sounded great!

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Looks great on track mate, try taking your front fogs and arch liners out on your next track outing. Helps get some airflow to front brakes Joe

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Car looks great Joe :)
Cheers Tim. Although your R26 will put it to shame soon lol!
Looks great on track mate, try taking your front fogs and arch liners out on your next track outing. Helps get some airflow to front brakes Joe
Thanks mate. I removed them for Anglesey last year back when I was running a standard setup, and it felt better then. Think I'll remove them for the next trackday and see how I get on. Cheers :)
Looks great on track Joe!
Thanks dude. I don't know how it still looks clean in those photo's though. I came back from the Ring on Monday and didn't bother to clean it lol.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
With Trax being tomorrow, I decided to sort my headlights out again as they were getting pretty bad.

Starting first with a quick clean up and making note of the most affected areas. (The pictures don't really show how bad they were)

14970789988_5f559513e7_z.jpg
IMG_7327 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

14970772378_5b88737b1a_z.jpg
IMG_7328 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

All taped up, and then wet and dried for quite some time until I was happy with them. After that I used Megs Scratch X, and then a Menzena polish afterwards.

15134297336_f354df5038_z.jpg
IMG_7329 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

15154348911_75db43dd15_z.jpg
IMG_7330 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

15154343981_4d3fea77a7_z.jpg
IMG_7331 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

Then on to cleaning the car, which was a little over due with going to the Ring again over the Bank Holiday, and the trackday.

14970580229_60701922c0_z.jpg
IMG_7332 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

15154332351_c499807296_z.jpg
IMG_7333 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

15156909992_7c02bedbb5_z.jpg
IMG_7336 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

14970630950_ae3aa9c6c0_z.jpg
IMG_7337 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

15134264266_24c1e51a56_z.jpg
IMG_7339 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

14970563869_a742feeffc_z.jpg
IMG_7343 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr