ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jumping 5th gear

Hi there. I have a K reg 16v that has just recently started jumping out of fifth gear but can go for days without it doing it. Has anyone else had the same problem or have any suggestions as to what i can do!!

Cookie:)

clio 20v

mine jumps out of gear when i hit the rev limiter in fifth lol

could be a shagged dog bone engine mount causin the engine to move an pull it out of gear see if u can rock the engine back an forward

adi

Check the gearbox oil level-sometimes if the levels a bit low and you are at constant revs and speed for a while (eg motorway) they can jump out, my old one did but with the right amount of fresh oil it was fine.

Cheers for the info will have to have a look. Has anyone else any ideas. It mainly does it when i am toodling around at around 60

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

mines done it!! When I had the box rebuilt, and new engine mount.. it did it a bit, but that was ages ago, and hasnt done it since....