ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jungle Jim's progress thread - mk2 ph2 non sport

1.2 Dynamique billabong
Well i sold my saxo back in oct for a deal that was too good to refuse,
2s.jpg

i then decided that i wanted a mk2 ph2 clio sport but the insurance was £3000 a year so that was a definate no go. at the time i was looking there were very few available especially in my area. in the end i picked up this clio 1.2 dynamique billabong edition, 03 plate on 40k for £3300 for a garage with a warrenty. (in the 4 years i owned my saxo i only did 10k as i only use my car twice a week to get to uni and most of that is stuck in traffic so i wasnt too worried by the engine size, yes its not very quick but its fine for what i need and its cheap to insure)

start.jpg

for the first few months there was little progress on the car as i set about collecting various parts

i picked up these kei wheels from schweppy which i was pleased with, probably not my first choice but they were a decent price (in desperate need of a refurb though)

3-5.jpg

i also fitted a RS grill and gave it a general clean

8-2.jpg

2-7.jpg

next up i test fitted a 182 rear bumper so i could measure up a 182 style exhaust.

1-10.jpg

the car then got lowered 50mm (putting the standard wheels back on in case they rubbed)

3-10.jpg

4-7.jpg

recently i have really started cracking on with this project by colourcoding the bumpstrips and rear spoiler,
IMG_2456.jpg

IMG_2453.jpg

i then started to custom fit a 182 front bumper to the standard wings, along with a meggy splitter.

before adjusting bumper brackets
IMG_2440.jpg

after adjustment
IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2442.jpg

i smoothed out the washer jet holes
IMG_2446.jpg

after a bit of fibreglass work and some filler i got a decent fit
IMG_2451.jpg

IMG_2455.jpg

jim3.jpg

front end done :) (door handles not painted)
jim2.jpg

jim1.jpg

i fitted a pipercross induction kit, i know there not great for gains but at least it sounds a bit better
IMG_2469.jpg

i refurbed the kei wheels in ford graphite grey
refurb-2.jpg

refurb-1.jpg

wheel done but not fitted as i needed a trolley jack as my stock one wouldnt work

refurb-final.jpg

refurb-final2.jpg

and another one of the front it looks mean and you can see the splitter better in this pic
refurb-final3.jpg

i swapped the 182 rear bumper over for the standard one so i can paint it so this is how the car looks at the moment. its a bit front heavy but once i fit the RS style skirts and 182 rear bumper and get the exhaust done it will look ace.

pics dont do it justice at the moment as they were taken in the rain, the wheels have quite a lot of flake in the which is shiney in the sun. also the car needs PC'ing which will be done once i have finished
1-15.jpg

2-14.jpg

3-13.jpg

4-9.jpg

5-7.jpg

6-5.jpg

i am painting the 182 rear bumper as we speak

please no 'you should have bought a sport' comments - i worked out that i can buy and mod my car and run it with tax, mot and insurance for 5 years for the same price as 1 year insurance and cost of a similar age/mileage sport

SchwepTek™
Well done bud!

Looks ace! Very similar to what my plans were for the old beast!

Could do with silvervisions indicator bulbs and the black bumper inserts on the front though! ;)

1.2 Dynamique billabong
cheers guys

yeah mate i will do silvervisions at some point, as for the black bumper inserts where do you mean buddy, between the number plate and the front badge at each end, if so i painted the black bit silver as its wasnt very easy to mask it off

SchwepTek™
cheers guys

yeah mate i will do silvervisions at some point, as for the black bumper inserts where do you mean buddy, between the number plate and the front badge at each end, if so i painted the black bit silver as its wasnt very easy to mask it off

Yeh those are the bits. They are only black vinyl stickers! Something stupid like £15 form Renault so i wouldnt worry LOL!

As i said, looks great!

1.2 Dynamique billabong
Your old saxo looks mint mate!
thanks buddy i did all the work on that too, including the custom bumper by fitting round fogs and widemouthing it

Looking good mate.
What springs lowered your car 50mm ??

they are cobra springs mate, i wasnt sure about them but i got them cheap but they turned out to be great, they are more comfortable than standard springs and as the car is lower it handles and looks better, i was worried they would be hard but there not

Static Low
Never heard of them mate.
Il search them up. Getting mines lowered at the start of next month & was going to get a 60mm drop.

And yeah, loved the old saxo.

I also enjoyed your wheel refurb guide mate.
Ive bought an alloy from a scrappy to practise on :)

1.2 Dynamique billabong
its got a billabong interior and dash panels mate and its says on the registration document (and if you do a free vehicle check on autotrader)

IMG_0428.jpg

BMW E92/Audi S3
Lookin mint. Im going to subscribe to this lol.
I remember your old Mango on Sax-p? I was on there for my VTS

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Its a shame that the new older of ur Saxo binned it :(

It looked lush! And i don't even like angel eyes let alone saxos!

1.2 Dynamique billabong
the force 10s look fooookin awesome mate!! you interested in selling them?
cheers mate, i want to keep them at the moment as i have only just refurbed them. also they have 4 new tyres so i would want a fair amount for them if i did sell them as they are £650 new with out tyres

Lookin mint. Im going to subscribe to this lol.
I remember your old Mango on Sax-p? I was on there for my VTS
thanks mate, yup i loved my mango saxo but i am glad i made the move to the clio. what colour was saxo mate

Its a shame that the new older of ur Saxo binned it :(

It looked lush! And i don't even like angel eyes let alone saxos!
yeah easily the best looking mango saxo on sax-p. as for the angel eyes i was never 100% sure on them but they did make it look a lot less dated and look quite cool at night (here a pic with my bros saxo)

6s.jpg

9s.jpg

looks like some good work, looks sweet too :)

cheers mate, means a lot as your ride is awesome :)

1.2 Dynamique billabong
looks gd y did you go for a clio an sell the saxo?

is your bumper a different colour looks lighter

as i got £3000 for the saxo which is only £250 less than i paid for it 4 years ago, if i hadnt of sold it to the buyer i would probably be lucky to get £2200 for it. Plus after 4 years of owning it i was getting a bit bored with it and wanted a new project.

as for the bumper in 95% of the time the colour looks spot on but from certain angles and with different light it looks very slightly different. i think once i Portercable it to give a deeper gloss it will be better, also the car is really dirty which makes it look darker

billabong :S mine has same interior same everything and mine's a Extreme lol..

anywayz i do like but for some reason the bumpstrip bugger me dont kno why lol, but keep it up i can nik some ideas off you now :p

oh and thanks god some1 else has done the black diamond inthe front on same colour car :p i though it was goin to look crap after i fitted it haha

BMW E92/Audi S3
I prefer the MK1's than the MK2s for some reason. The front looks more sporty. I had a silver VTS MK1, had no pics on Sax-p Though

1.2 Dynamique billabong
i dont find them stiff mate was suprised i dont know if the shocks/ dampers are different on a ph2 maybe that is why.

they look and feel ace so cheers buddy :)

1.2 Dynamique billabong
I prefer the MK1's than the MK2s for some reason. The front looks more sporty. I had a silver VTS MK1, had no pics on Sax-p Though

ah was going to say, i couldnt find any pics. what had you done to yours mate, you got any pics

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
alot of work has gone in to that! looks great! cant wait to see the 182 bumper on it too!;) Keep it up )(oooer LOL)

1.2 Dynamique billabong
cheers guys, yeah im not sure about the door protectors, the previous owner obvious open the door into stuff as there are chips on the edge of them. i think the garage i bought the car from stuck them on as a quick fix to hide the chips

1.2 Dynamique billabong
only some one of when i cleaned it mate (as shown in a thread in media), no new developments yet as have been snowed under with uni course work.
standard rear bumper is on as i paint the 182 rear bumper

1-16.jpg

2-15.jpg

3-14.jpg

4-10.jpg

5-8.jpg