ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jungle Jim's progress thread - mk2 ph2 non sport

1.2 Dynamique billabong
small update,
just got round to starting on my false floor for the boot, here it is so far

boot.jpg

Clio 16v 182 Replica
Looks ace, stunning car, in process of doing all bodykit on my 1.4 clio, absolutely love the look of RS, will have to post before and after pics of mine not while next pay day though. :)

20vt Fiat Coupe(182 Sold)
Tidy looking Saxo you had. Top work on the new project tho. Tidy looking Clio.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
havent updated this for a while so thought you might want to see some small things i have done recently

ps excuse the car being so dirty, needs a full on detail which i will hopefully do over the easter hols but my dissertation is eating up all my time at the moment :(

exhaust surrounds finally sourced all of them and fitted
exhaust-5.jpg

the glue on my sideskirts had started to come away so i scrapped it off and fitted the side skirt clips they work much better and pull the skirt closer to the car

before:
clips2.jpg

after:
clips1.jpg

and finally i got round to retrimming my false floor and sub box in faux leather
install.jpg

cheers
James

1.2 Dynamique billabong
one was £10 the other was £5 (as it had a broken clip but still works fine), i have been waiting about 6 months trying to find the second one lol

1.2 Dynamique billabong
yeah that was cortesty of the previous owner along with a bodge in stero where the wires are taped together, led washer lights and ripspeed door sills, have sorted out all of them but i have a feeling that the badge is glued on :(

Charged Superleggera
no mate its just sticky adhesive stuff. you need to get it off using a cloth over a flat head screw driver then the glue residue comes off with a bit of polish

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
very nice mate.

like the work, and the zaust.

Can i ask why you didnt use sport wings for the bumper and skirts? Just curious.

Thanks, Sam!

1.2 Dynamique billabong
very nice mate.

like the work, and the zaust.

Can i ask why you didnt use sport wings for the bumper and skirts? Just curious.

Thanks, Sam!

mainly because of the cost mate, not only do you have to buy the wings and official skirts which are more than the replica ones you need to buy other things like archliners and wheelspacers. also there are more parts to paint which pushes up the cost, plus i was told by a bodyshop that if you paint the wings then you should repaint the bonnent to blend it in. if i wasnt a student on tight finances i may have done it differently having said that it is only a 1.2 so seems silly to spend so much on it. it cost me around £350 for parts and painting them which is cheap, some people on here spend £800+ just getting the stuff painted. another aspect of it was that it was a project / hobby so i enjoyed doing the work myself. it is fine for how i want it at the moment until i move on to a 182 or 197

172 Cup
can remember seeing this a while back on sax-p. very nice car mate and looks like alot effort put in.

alien green rs133
mainly because of the cost mate, not only do you have to buy the wings and official skirts which are more than the replica ones you need to buy other things like archliners and wheelspacers. also there are more parts to paint which pushes up the cost, plus i was told by a bodyshop that if you paint the wings then you should repaint the bonnent to blend it in. if i wasnt a student on tight finances i may have done it differently having said that it is only a 1.2 so seems silly to spend so much on it. it cost me around £350 for parts and painting them which is cheap, some people on here spend £800+ just getting the stuff painted. another aspect of it was that it was a project / hobby so i enjoyed doing the work myself. it is fine for how i want it at the moment until i move on to a 182 or 197

my full rs bodykitt including archliner's and painting = 650 ish ;)

xenons different story :eek:

Shdhdhd
remembered you had force 10 alloys so searched this thread.. Do you remember what size spigot rings you needed to fit them (size in mm round outa edge of ring)?

was going to PM you but also a bit of a bump for such a great rep :)

1.2 Dynamique billabong
remembered you had force 10 alloys so searched this thread.. Do you remember what size spigot rings you needed to fit them (size in mm round outa edge of ring)?

was going to PM you but also a bit of a bump for such a great rep :)

just seen this mate, i havent checked here for a while. I can find out for you if you still need them i have some old ones in the garage.

heres a pic i took today as a little update to my thread

wallpapersmall.jpg

1.2 Dynamique billabong
Rocker cover ideas

Havent really done much to the car in a while so though i might tart up the engine bay as the rocker cover looks a bit shite but im not really sure what to do. i came up with a few PS ideas, anyone else got any ideas obviously stickers can be swapped for others etc. still very much just in the ideas stage

here is how it looks at the moment:
stock.jpg

chops:

2-43.jpg

3-40.jpg

4-32.jpg

1-42.jpg

5-30.jpg

been looking at camos and other things like grafitti patterns too. i tried carbon fibre but it didnt work as there is to much black there already

1.2 Dynamique billabong
yeah have been looking at the vinyl route as the rocker cover is plastic which would suggest it doesnt get very hot

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Ye it doesnt get hot atall so you should be fine, only thing i would be concernd about is the shape of it, could be well tricky in some area's

1.2 Dynamique billabong
had some spare paint and left over vinyl from my 182 stripes so went with this design, just got to decided on what sticker i want to put on it now

rockercoverfinal.jpg

1.2 Dynamique billabong
Update

*woopwoop* stickers came today to finish off the rocker cover, im quite pleased with how it came out, its not perfect but way better than faded dirty stained standard one.

anyways here are some pics, need to detail the rest of the engine bay sometime

original (pics kind of hide just how bad it is here)
stock.jpg

finished (colours a bit off the domo is more brown not as orange as in the pic)
rockerstickers2.jpg

rockerstickers1.jpg

1.2 Dynamique billabong
cheers guys, yeah not really done much in terms of progress really, not really a lot to do, just a few small bits to tidy up

1.2 dynamique
Lol, your rocker cover looks brilliant jim! Just clean the rest of the engine bay next time.. :p

Looks really good though!

Al
:)

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
hi could you tell me where youre side skirts are from as mine looks like there is something missing, car looks great