ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just another RB cup.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Thought I'd start a project thread for this seeing as there is a few things that need doing to get it mint!

Haven't got any good pictures of it yet, as tbh it's filthy and I don't want to remind myself of the dirt! Some will be on the way soon as my hosepipe unfreezes though. Got myself a Nikon d3100 over Christmas and still getting used to it so hopefully il get a chance soon for some good quality pictures.

Anyway, picked it up mid December with 65k on the clock, service history and promptly got the belts done before even taking it home. I'm aware some people call the cups worse than crap due to lack of climate, leather and xenons. Well, what a bonus this one came with xenons a previous owner had fitted!

First job that needed doing was replacing the exhaust hangers as the exhaust was looking very sorry for itself. Managed to get some pictures while changing these over today.

Before

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328535287.881073.jpg

Then a few of the perished hangers.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328535351.900329.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328535377.949274.jpg

Got the new ones fitted over without much trouble, except a few stubborn bolts.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328535438.500067.jpg

Compared to the old ones!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328535466.108420.jpg

Anyway the final result turned out like this, a lot better IMO.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328535504.053586.jpg

As you can see, the cars filthy! But all I've been doing is driving it so haven't washed it yet ;). Nice other little surprise came with the car when I got it....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328535579.122990.jpg

Done a few other little bits since getting it including CTR aerial, Cs sticker and tax disc, standard Renault head unit and waiting for my new ph1 gear knob coming. Future plans wise it needs a wing mirror cap painting, a good detail, new splitter and the headlights correcting. When it gets a bit warmer my summer wheels will be coming out also... Freshly refurbed f1s in white, at which point the standard cup wheels will be getting a fresh refurb also.

Also to come in the future will be a new exhaust, and I'm debating sticking a set or recaros in also.
Watch this space, Rob.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Its been a while since ive updated this but ive been colelcting a few bits to put on the car, hes where im at so far.

A nice little audio addition came for me today, so after having a new alternator fitted this morning this was then installed this afternoon:
6986498140_79ab5a377e.jpg

Untitled by f**kyougaybean, on Flickr

6986496616_05e861e3fb.jpg

And it neatly tucked away in the glove box:
7132579405_b3b48ba9a2.jpg

Ive also got these nearly fully refurbed also, but havnt decided whether theyre going on, or to put another set of wheels on...
6986533736_c565c3159c.jpg

The other set of wheels are silver turinis which ive recently bought! I now have 6 oz f1's, if anyone wants some? 4 turinis, and 4 182 cup wheels! Il see what theyre like when theyre delivered.

Next on this list without pics is a bumper surround trim, picked this up just to generally tidy up the rear. I also bought a new gear knob from richbrooke which is similar to the ph1 knob. I had intended to use a ph1 knob but got messed around with a few people. Anyway, it will undoubtedly be better than the momo crap that im using at the minute to change gear.

The final change is the new inerior which should be with me tomorrow :D, 172 seats, front and back, to replace the boring cup interior. I got it at a bargain price so couldnt help myself.

Thats all for now, Rob.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
What's that audio addition there????

Great colour choice. Get some new exhaust surrounds too

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
What's that audio addition there????

Great colour choice. Get some new exhaust surrounds too
It's a brand new Renault tunepoint, for USB, aux and iPod. I said earlier I've got a new exhaust surround to go on too :)

Pics of what?

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ah ok my bad.

And how much are they to buy? Easy to fit???

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
If you get one from Renault they really will bend you over for it, but there's often some on eBay around 60 quid. But I managed to get this for 45 after looking for a few weeks.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Little update, my new gear knob came this morning so got the horrible old one off that looked like this:

7135354215_bce29a5c0a.jpg

Untitled by fuckyougaybean, on Flickr

And replaced it with this shiny, new, smaller one. I like it because its quite subtle and similar to the ph1 knob. And it was alot easier to get hold of than a good condition 182 knob.

6989268036_284a9a936c.jpg

Untitled by fuckyougaybean, on Flickr

Thats all for now, interior should be here tomorrow :).

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
That looks better than the old one.

Is it difficult to fit that audio box thing?

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Nah mate, dead simple. It plugs into the cd changer hole, then just poke the wire towards the glovebox from the back of the head unit, and it should come out near the footwell. Then just drill a small hole, or cut one, into the back of the glove box and run the cable through there and into the tunepoint box.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ah that sounds pretty straight forward then. And I imagine you press source/src on the head unit and work it from there?
Does it charge your iPod too from the USB slot???

Cheers for response

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Yeah, just press the button to flick onto the cd. Yes it also charges your iPod :)

BG FF Clio 182
Little update, my new gear knob came this morning so got the horrible old one off that looked like this:

7135354215_bce29a5c0a.jpg

And replaced it with this shiny, new, smaller one. I like it because its quite subtle and similar to the ph1 knob. And it was alot easier to get hold of than a good condition 182 knob.

6989268036_284a9a936c.jpg

Thats all for now, interior should be here tomorrow :).

I've got a 182, faded standard gear knob.

I've always wanted to change it, but been put off by some of the comments on here!! :(

How easy did you find the change and how did you manage it? (Did you get a hacksaw on it?)

Cheers

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
^ lol.

Rob, if you've still got any F1s spare I wouldn't mind one if they're for sale :)

Yeah i do mate, give me a PM and we may be able to sort something out :)

Il get some actual pictures of the car up soon enough, im yet to take it for a shoot with my nikon.

With regards to the knob, its a Richbrooke one that i just found on ebay for a decent enough price compared to demontweeks and the likes. I didnt actually have to hacksaw the old knob off (the previous owner must have at some point though), as when i bought the car the horrible momo crap was on it. That was just a screw in the back to get off, then pop the new one on and screw in place.

Nice additions so far :)

When pasting the flickr pics in you might be better off chosing the next size up? (medium 640) as the others come up small.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
The New.interior came the other day so fingers crossed I can get it all fitted tomorrow morning!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336129538604.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336129538604.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 60

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
What's up with the old interior pal?

Just the cloth interior I take it with it being a cup?

Yeah mate, just wanted the leather and alcantara :), and they were cheap.

Got them fitted today, not a hard task at all, but f**k me it was fiddly. The only problem i have is i havnt got the rear bench back rest on as i couldnt get the torx screw off that holds it in place. Any ideas? the hold for the torx screw is shredded.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Just aittle update, full interior is now in. So much nicer than before, although needs a good clean.

Also these came today, not great condition, need a tefurb, but they're straight, came with brand new tyres and and quite cheap too. Theyl be getting sanded down, then plasti dipped in white for the summer. If I like them after that they get properly sprayed, if not theyl go back silver :).

Cars nearly exactly how I want it, just an exhaust at some point in the future.

Rob.

6d915a4a-24b2-be2c.jpg

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Gone for the turinis then. Fair play. Will look great in white against racing blue. Do centre cap diamonds racing blue too ;).

Good luck keeping them shiny and dirt free though :(

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
But white turinis on RB looks so good! Although, i think silver would look immense too!

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
RB Cups on silver turinis could be the new thing! Whats the difference between cup turinis and trophy turinis?

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
I see, cheers mate. I knew one kind did, just wasnt sure which :).

Going to put the silver ones on and get some pictures to see what theyre like.