ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just been broken into

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
just went to my nans for a tea only parked for 1 hour between work shifts and came out to fine passenger window smashed and cd player stolen

totally gutterd but got to deal with it as s**t happens.....

any onw knoe what a window costs there electric from a mk2ph1 etoile and wether or not it would me borth loosing my NCB for a window and cd player? im 19 with 1 year NCB

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
bummer :(

Windows are about £15-25 from a scrappy.

CD Player - buy a new one :)

Dont bother going thru insurance. They will hike your premium so much.

Punto/Clio GTT
nah just sort it yourself mate

pick up a glass for very cheap, same with a HU.

just get someone to fit it for you as the rubbers around the window have metal inside and are an absolute nightmare to get out without damaging

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
cheers lads, sooooo im getin "CSI" to fingerprint ma car lmaooo coming 2morrow morning then im off to get meself some windows 2moz... any idea on labor charge if i were to do it thru a garage/specelist? and am i realistic thinking i could get it all done in 1 day?

Clio Sport 172
Damn. It is this time of year these sort of things start happening. But when you get a new HU make sure you get a detachable face

Punto/Clio GTT
cheers lads, sooooo im getin "CSI" to fingerprint ma car lmaooo coming 2morrow morning then im off to get meself some windows 2moz... any idea on labor charge if i were to do it thru a garage/specelist? and am i realistic thinking i could get it all done in 1 day?

should be done np in a day providing you take it in the morning and they dont bend the rubber

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
well i got to wait for the fingerprint guys so its all down to them wether i get it finished, im an totally gutterd, i was only showin ma nana the new alloys n then was goin to work, n she w3as like....." oooo there lovely" "OMG theres glassEVERYWHERE!" lol bless her

Punto/Clio GTT
could have been worse, they could have done your locks/bent the top of the door. at least the window is the cheapest option they took lol

Yeah my ex's car got broken into..they fooked both front locks stuck a screwdriver
in the side of the door to try an prise it open..and smashed a window.
The funny thing was the boot was open..doh!
They then proceeded to yank all the ignition wires out...and snap half the stereo, then went away with nothing. mmm

M

mini-valver

Gutted for you mate! I had my windows smashed but nothing was taken, Idiots.

Whatever you do, when the fingerprint guy comes DO NOT let him use that brush on the paint. It's fucked the paint above my window, deep scratches etc....

D

dick

autoglass £60 excess through insurance, doesnt affect no claims or anything.

cd player - s**t happens.

take your cd fascia with you, why dont people understand this?

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
dick... i feel bad enough that this 1 possible 2 times that ive left cd facia in the car although in the glovebox and it gets twocked lol, i had this happen n my old can and ive always taken my facia out from then out and 98% take it with me but this time put in inglovebox as i was only an hour having some gingercake n custard

was spot on btw ... :p

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
spot on ian thats exactly wot it is, i not be supprised if his rents sent him out to get what he wanted and thell wrap it up for him

any one selling a HU?

LY V6 with Recaros
Gutted for you, I know exactly how angry you feel as I had my last car broken into. I think I would have killed the little s***s if I caught up with them!

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
got some glass getting nit fitted in a few hrs, pulled a favor so im not paying for it, just need a cd player

172 Cup
You Shouldn't loose a NCB i had my previous car broken into (vw golf) they smahed 2 windows just to get the shelf speakers.....Got the windows repaired via the insurance company and it didnt affect anything on my policy.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Gutted for you :(

I'll take this as a warning and start removing my faceplate when i park up places now.

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
horrible... and in my defence i removed the facia from the cdplayer as i ALWAYS do but stupidly i put it in thye glovebox and not took it with me like usual as i was only there for 1 hour tops, but it wudnt take 1 min to do wot theve done, so eitherway id of ended up with a smashed window as they didnt kinow that the cd player was there and they just took a chance as far as i can see

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
i got a hidden amp and they run the speakers n wot not so i need an aftermarket HU or that thingy that has rca outs any one know wot it is? n if it be any good?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Arsewipes. :(

Had the same done to me on my previous car, so I know how you feel. :(

As others have said - don't bother with going through your insurance - they will just dry-bum you next year with the premium.

Hope you manage to get it sorted cheaply....

D.

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
its the HU giving me headaches, i got quite a complex load of wireing going on and i need a HU with the right stuff so im lookin at spending a pretty penny even tho i dont have any lol