ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just been speaking to my MOTer about airbag and ABS removal

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I was worried the new rules would render the Clio useless after removing the airbags and the ABS.

As I was having the M3 MOT'd this morning, I was chatting about the warning lights as I've blanked the ABS and airbag lights off at present.

The Guy said it's quite clear to see that there are no airbags fitted so that shouldn't be an issue and to cover the light to confirm it's done. He also said that providing the ABS has been done properly i.e. pump removal etc, that is also not an issue.

He said with regards to the ABS light being covered, if a tester questions why the ABS light isn't igniting; just say that a set of Cup clocks are fitted as that doesn't have ABS fitted.

All in all very encouraging. I always find waiting with the car to be beneficial if you can chat to them while the car is being tested.

Some MOT testers are very helpful ! I try to be ! He is right if all the Airbags have been removed then he can class it as a track car etc its his discretion ! It's normally when people fit a new steering wheel but leave the rest of the airbags in place you have a issue !