ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought me a valver!

w00t! dont collect it til next friday, but deposit has been paid and all is good :D

L reg. 81000 miles, 12 months MOT, 6 months Tax, service history, Magnex exhaust system, new tyres and recent clutch, VGC inside and out. £1,800 . o.n.o.

managed to knock him down to £1625 :) the car was almost a minter imo, just a few bubbles starting hidden away under the arch, but ill get that sorted out soon b4 it gets visible from the outside. Apart from that, its mint inside and very good outside.

took it for a test drive with 4 people incl me in the car, and it was still fairly nippy! Ragged it down the coventry road (bham) listening to the exhaust :D i loved the power steering, the breaks, the electric windows, the comfy seats. The car just seems very sturdy when youre sitting in it, and just goes wherever you point it!

i meant to take photos there, but i guess i got excited and forgot :oops:, but will post some up in a couple of weeks! Sorry to babble on, but im really happy atm! shame ive got exams to take b4 i can drive it again :(

http://www.adeyman.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/valver.jpg

BMW M3 - For Sale!

congrats mate - u got a rite bargain there! u gotta look after it and keep it in the club now!

exams? u not passed ur test yet or are u banned or summin?

p.s. ur not gonna be able to sleep till sunday, after uve got the car and driven it around for 48hours non stop!

looks nice mate, cant wait to se a few more pics,

u going to mod it ?
personally, i prefer standard/ lightly modded valvers

im from solihull mate, but drove up from bristol today to buy the car. The car is lowered and has an exhaust, but thats it afaik. Looks sweet as a nut like it is atm. Im deffa going to chip it, not sure about anything else tho. Elephant will insure me with the exhaust and lowered, but if i do anything else to it, they wont touch me; hence me chipping it ;)

Im happy to stick with the turbines as theyre dead sexy. Im gonna make a promise to clean her once a week and give it the TLC that she needs :D which reminds me, i need to name her!

personally i dont like turbines
(i know i will get killed now, by the die hard fans for saying that !!)

each to their own & all that, but i prefer phase 2 alloys.

Congrats fella, welcome to the new world of the valvers, good to have another one in the club, youll be well pleased with it mate, handling, speed, looks!!!! I remember on my first test drive, 4 up, like you, he told me to boot it down the slip road, and by the time we hit the motorway it was at 100, loved it compared to the rt, plus the brakes were excellent!

Happy motoring!

Danny

cheers mate. im looking forward to just being able to cruise comfortably on the motorway and stuff with people in the car, instead of having to struggle with like in the 1.2. Just being able to casually cruise upto 100+ must be nice aswell!

a few qs about the audio setup in a valver. is it easy to connect the audio controller on the steering column upto any head unit? or does it need a specific head unit? the standard one doesnt come with the car im buying, so im gonna have to buy a new one. also what size are the standard speakers in a valver? i had 6X9s in the parcel shelf of my old car, but i cant be bothered with that now. Just want to get some decent speakers where the standard speakers go.

Trophy

There are a few aftermarket stereos that can utilise the fingertip remote control but you might need to purchase an adapter.

The speakers are 4" in the rear shelves, 5.25" in the doors and 4" tweeters in the dash.

Mat.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Congrats on Valver ownership! Youll love it!

Test drove my valver four up when i bought it too! Lol - I didnt really think it was fast though......till i picked it up on my own!

Looks v.nice and you gotta be keepin the turbines!

Did you say you bought it in Bristol? Private or Trade?

K20 EG Hatch

very very nice mate! i am in too minds to sell up an get a mint valver! an with the left over cash it will pay for my insurance!

Quote: Originally posted by Si Griffiths on 17 August 2004

a few qs about the audio setup in a valver. is it easy to connect the audio controller on the steering column upto any head unit? or does it need a specific head unit? the standard one doesnt come with the car im buying, so im gonna have to buy a new one. also what size are the standard speakers in a valver? i had 6X9s in the parcel shelf of my old car, but i cant be bothered with that now. Just want to get some decent speakers where the standard speakers go.
I know for definate that any sony HU with the 3.5mm remote plug will work with the stalk control but youll need an adapter - these are about 30quid from Halfords. As for other manufacturers, i dont know....

Congrats on the car though m8 - youll love it!

Quote: Originally posted by Tom16v on 17 August 2004

Test drove my valver four up when i bought it too! Lol - I didnt really think it was fast though......till i picked it up on my own!

i bought it privately in bham mate, had to travel from bristol to see it. The one i looked at b4 the one i bought was from a dealer, but it was so crap it was untrue. The boot had completely rusted through somehow, aswell as the arches! alot of electrics didnt work, took ages to start the car AND the patronising gimp didnt let me take it for a test drive! He said "Oooh these are fast cars, do you have an insurance quote on one of these? We only allow people who want to buy the car to test drive it" - the git had the cheek to advertise it at £1700 aswell! this is the car incase anyone is thinking of going to look at it - avoid it like the plague! http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_search.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=RENAULT&model=CLIO&variant=1.8&keywords=MOT-06-2005&min_pr=1000&max_pr=2000&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=b91+1eu&miles=20&max_records=50&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCHhttp://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_search.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=RENAULT&model=CLIO&variant=1.8&keywords=MOT-06-2005&min_pr=1000&max_pr=2000&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=b91+1eu&miles=20&max_records=50&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH

cant wait to pick the car up on my own now! i think with 4 people in it was still faster than my 1.2 with just me!

...He said "Oooh these are fast cars, do you have an insurance quote on one of these? We only allow people who want to buy the car to test drive it" - the git had the cheek to advertise it at £1700 aswell!

i hate patronising b*stards like that !! obvoiusly its going to be quick, its a bloody 1.8 for god sake.

your one looks nice mate !!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Si Griffiths on 17 August 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Tom16v on 17 August 2004

i bought it privately in bham mate, had to travel from bristol to see it. The one i looked at b4 the one i bought was from a dealer, but it was so crap it was untrue. The boot had completely rusted through somehow, aswell as the arches! alot of electrics didnt work, took ages to start the car AND the patronising gimp didnt let me take it for a test drive! He said "Oooh these are fast cars, do you have an insurance quote on one of these? We only allow people who want to buy the car to test drive it" - the git had the cheek to advertise it at £1700 aswell! this is the car incase anyone is thinking of going to look at it - avoid it like the plague! <A target=_blank href= "http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_search.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=RENAULT&model=CLIO&variant=1.8&keywords=MOT-06-2005&min_pr=1000&max_pr=2000&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=b91+1eu&miles=20&max_records=50&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCHhttp://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_search.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=RENAULT&model=CLIO&variant=1.8&keywords=MOT-06-2005&min_pr=1000&max_pr=2000&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=b91+1eu&miles=20&max_records=50&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH

cant wait to pick the car up on my own now! i think with 4 people in it was still faster than my 1.2 with just me!
So you from Bristol Mate?

I live in the bristol area.

yeah i live in Horfields. Do you have many meets around here? I used to go down to the waterside, but theyre doing loads of road works around there now, so not sure if much goes on there anymore.

ive got another q. The car only comes with one key/immobiliser fob :S now i havent lost a set of keys to date, but at least ive always had a spare as backup. Do i just goto renault and ask for a copy of the key and immobiliser? How much would this cost? I was thinking about getting a new alarm/immob anyway so its really just the key im bothered about.

anyone? its the standard alarm and immobiliser. So itll be a new key and new immob fob. Im guessing renault will charge alot! anywhere i can get it done cheaper?

Not a Clio

dont think anywhere but the dealer can do it.

not sure on cost but spare keys are never cheap. My dad was quoted £70 from a vauxhall dealer for a spare key to his Omega.

Ive only got one key with mine, its never bothered me I just make sure that if my keys are in the ignition and im out of the car that the window is open just in case it decides to lock itself!

ionly have 1 key,
i was quoted 120.00 from renault for a spare key (mine has the light on it and dimples where you press to operate the central locking) thats on a 1994 m plate valver.

to be honet id have the standard alarm set up taken off & a cat 1 fitted.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

I only have one key too. Thought i lost it for a min last weekend too! What a panic!

As for the alarm, mine doesnt even work! Ive probs got the easiest to steal Valver in the uk! lol

yeah, was gonna get another TOAD Ai606 fitted as that served me well on my old car. Or maybe that clifford alarm with remote start? how much are they?

Thing is, if i lose the key what do i do? I dont even want to think about how much renault would charge me, knowing that i couldnt get into my car!

do you not live in fear with only 1 key?!

just another question about the valver speakers. I guess the tweeters and front components go through a cross over of something? Or does the standard head unit play 6 speakers? Reason i ask is im looking at buying this - http://www.cel-direct.com/detail.asp?ProductID=3348http://www.cel-direct.com/detail.asp?ProductID=3348# - but it only has 4 channels. Will i still be able to connect all the speakers up? oh and i take it "Wired Remote Control Optional" means i can connect it to the audio control stork?