ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just collected my Cup :0)

As the topic says, after a few delays I finally collected my pre-reg cup this afternoon. First impressions are really good, sharp turn in, excellent grip and lots of low down torque (well up to 3,500 rpm anyway :D).

Just the nightmare of the running in period to go and then I can give it some real stick...

BMW 330d :)

Ive had my cup for just over a month now and its brilliant. Ive got a noise from the suspension on full lock over bumps (most cups have it) but appart from that its really starting to fly now with over 2000 miles under its belt.

It will eat most bmws, audis and cooper s works from the lights and it handles brilliantly, maybe with a tiny bit too much roll.

Hope you enjoy yours anyway

Fraser

I got it for £10.5k which seems a fairish price based on what Ive read on these forums. 7 miles on the clock which was nice and all bits and pieces present and correct. :)

Had a good run out last night and managed to cover best part of 100 miles whilst still keeping the revs below 3,500 rpm. You can feel how much torque there is even at low revs as it pulls really well, cant wait to open her up once a few more miles have been covered!

I havent really noticed much body roll yet and the car seems well planted on the road but I did own a mondeo before so not much comparison really. Its a totally different driving experience to my scooby (car before last), much more raw which is just what I want! :D

Quote: Originally posted by Beefy on 03 June 2004

Its a totally different driving experience to my scooby (car before last), much more raw which is just what I want! :D
Couldnt agree more mate, I had an RB5 before my Cup and whilst it was certainly quick it was all a bit too easy. The Cup is wonderfully involving and I feel at one with the car. Sure the Scoob could be fun but you really had to be pushing it hard and these days there are ever fewer opportunities to do this safely unless you head to a track IMHO.

Yeah Bosscup, exactly what I think. The scoob could go like a rocket (love the RB5 by the way) but you really had to push it ridiculously quick to feel as if you were getting close to the edge. Everything to a certain extent was handled for you with the 4wd, etc - the Cup is a totally different experience with no gizmos and Im luvvin it! :D

I get my cup on tuesday, cant wait! everything is sorted bar the finance which I am waiting to drop in my account.

hope you have as much fun with your cup as I know mine will provide me with!

Sounds like a good price guys!

Im another ex scoob now cup owner though this is more to do with me finding the limits of the scoob:oops:

dk

911 GTS Cab

controversal - you will never get a finite answer on this subject, everyone will tell you different so really its up to you which method you try, really you arent going to know whether it work better than any other method though.

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by Frasers Cup on 02 June 2004

Ive had my cup for just over a month now and its brilliant. Ive got a noise from the suspension on full lock over bumps (most cups have it) but appart from that its really starting to fly now with over 2000 miles under its belt.

It will eat most bmws, audis and cooper s works from the lights and it handles brilliantly, maybe with a tiny bit too much roll.

Hope you enjoy yours anyway

Fraser
lol- unfortunatly thats not intrinsic of JUST cups... my 1.4 creaks alot wen manouvering going from lock-lock.

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels
  Nippy white cup

Renault recommend you run it it for 625miles. Its not just the engine but brakes etc that need running in as well. I took my time with mine and occasionally pushed it a little more to get it used to a bit of grief. Runs pretty well now (although the dealer cant fix anything it goes in for!

Enjoy

Chris

I think the bottom line is go for something in between. Dont drive like a grandad at 3000rpm all the time and dont thrash it either. Just gradually give it more revs and dont sit on on a motorway for 4 hours at a constant speed.