ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just fiddling with the Cup

Evo 8 MR
Managed to get a couple of fiddly jobs out of the way today and decided to take some pics not because of the changes more just because I've not taken some in a while and the weather is good.

I've lowered it on the front 30mm more and the rears are now down to the lowest they will go. I put a few more screws in the splitter as it keeps popping out slightly during the head kicking process. :rasp: Also I've taken the RS and Cup 172 badges off the rear.

Since Cadwell I've changed the oil too just to be safe after the last stuff did just 3,300 miles. Future plans are a many but in the short term I'm now after a Yozza, clio badge to come off, side strips to be colour coded and I'm thinking about wheel spacers. Front arches are coming off too as they now scrub nearly ALL the time, they are hanging off anyway and the fogs will be coming out at the same time.

Anyway, pics;

1707101.jpg

1707102.jpg

1707103.jpg

1707104.jpg

1707105.jpg

Evo 8 MR
FK Konigsports, I'm happy with the height of it now, I've adjusted it 3 times since Cadwell lol.

Civic Type S GT
Lol! I need to adjust my Ktec ones, don't know how though. How does the ride feel know pal?

TrackCar & F30 330d
Sorry to be a spoil sport but its too low at the front. I had it that low and it rubed on the arch liners so i removed them but i'm pretty sure you'll find the tyres rub on the actuall shell when in hard cornering. Just a heads up reeally as you dont want to be getting strange tyre wear on the front tyres.

Car looks sick tho :)

Evo 8 MR
Looking mint fella, bet its a handful on a bumpy B road ;)

It's firm but it's not crashy like a cheap set of springs.

nice stance :)
might want to get the tracking ect done if your happy with the height now??!!

I had it setup when I first fitted them, I've only lowered it about 30mm more since and I've not tweaked the camber so it's fine.

Sorry to be a spoil sport but its too low at the front. I had it that low and it rubed on the arch liners so i removed them but i'm pretty sure you'll find the tyres rub on the actuall shell when in hard cornering. Just a heads up reeally as you dont want to be getting strange tyre wear on the front tyres.

Car looks sick tho :)

It's not too low imo, it's just the shoddy wheel arches that scrub on the tyres due to them having bits pointing down. They'll be out fairly soon so it shouldn't scrub then, I've pulled loads of bits off them already. If that bracket turns out to be a PITA there will have to be adjustments made to that. ;)

Oh and FYI there is already strange wear on the front tyres so I figure wtf, might aswell have it sitting right if it's gonna scrub anyway.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'd definitely leave the Clio badge on the rear. It will look a little too bare without it, imo. Doesn't the boot Clio badge have a peg on it too for the mounting, iirc?

Does look very smart, however. :)

D.

EP3 Civic Type R
Think you pass me sometimes round home....

It looks really well. Weird wear on the tyres.... have you had your tracking done?

Evo 8 MR
I'd definitely leave the Clio badge on the rear. It will look a little too bare without it, imo. Doesn't the boot Clio badge have a peg on it too for the mounting, iirc?

Does look very smart, however. :)

D.

Yeah it leaves two holes, I won't be removing it myself, I'll get it done professionally by a local bodyshop so it will be all prim and proper. Just waiting on getting hold of a Yozza so I'll get them to fit that at the same time.

I always use this bodyshop, I wouldn't bother sending it in otherwise, that's the only reason I'm gonna do it.

Think you pass me sometimes round home....

It looks really well. Weird wear on the tyres.... have you had your tracking done?

Probably do Mish I'm always flying passed your way.

Strange wear is just from the scrubbing on the wheel arches and possibly that dodgy looking bracket that's right by the bumper fixing. It scrubbed like feck on certain corners at Cadwell, I bet people sat watching nearby must of thought "wtf is that noise" lol. It was outragously loud inside the car anyway.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
If its too low you'll pop that circlip on the diff......

Also when super low, the driveshaft can catch the subframe (could be the scrubbing/rubbing)

:)

Evo 8 MR
It's not too low, when the gearbox starts leaking oil is when it's too low.

Been there, done that. lol

FKKonigsportsFitted1.jpg