ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just fitted my K-Tec Stealth!

'02 MG TF160
Fitted this afternoon, and it sounds terrible!! lol

Luckily i know that these sort of things take time to coke up before they stop sounding like someone farting down a drainpipe..... :D

Roll on a hundred miles or so when it gets its proper lungs...

so its safe to still order mine then?? have you got any pics.. does the back box show under ur bumper. is it sitting nicely hidden away??

Burgandy 174 sport t
id describe it more like a wattery fart, with someone trapped in the centre section!!

Last edited:
  '02 MG TF160
I can't really comment on the noise yet, when its nicely coked up i'll post a sound clip of it to see what people think.

As for position, tbh it is sitting a lot lower than the old one. I'll get some pictures when the weather is better, but its sitting probably 3" lower than the stock exhaust.

I got Jet Tyres in Basildon to fit it and he said thats the highest he coulds get it. Is everyone elses that low?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I can't really comment on the noise yet, when its nicely coked up i'll post a sound clip of it to see what people think.

As for position, tbh it is sitting a lot lower than the old one. I'll get some pictures when the weather is better, but its sitting probably 3" lower than the stock exhaust.

I got Jet Tyres in Basildon to fit it and he said thats the highest he coulds get it. Is everyone elses that low?

noooo i found it fit spot on, could see about half an inch from the bottom of the bumper. There is LOADS of adjustment in it, one of the best exhausts i've fitted in terms of quality. I just wasnt sure of the noise!!!! (think the decat added to that!!)I'd check the rear mount on your car as they sag with age!!!

'02 MG TF160
Hmmm, it would seem mine is definitely too low. I'll have to see if i can fix it just adjusting the 2 mounts.....

You need to undo the backbox braket and whlie holding the bottom (where the bolt is) push the bracket round anti clockwise\upwards whlie lifting the backbox up. Do the bolt back up and job done. I managed to get mine about 3-4 inches higher on the second attempt and you can only just see the tip of the pipe from a distance.

Turbos.
They sound fine... at the end of the day people on here are used to 300db exhausts. I'm sure they think their cars don't sound like a Nova... but it's ok not to want to be a chav.

'02 MG TF160
Just to check - this is wrong isn't it!!!!

Attachments

• 17-05-07_0808.jpg
    17-05-07_0808.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 264
  • 17-05-07_0809.jpg
    17-05-07_0809.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 192
  megane 225
mark how the hell did you get it that high?? is it a mk2 you have on?? yours is totally invisible

One word, photoshop :>
Trying the bracket suggestion matey, also looks like the mid section is a bit low aswel there buddy

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
It's that high as Mike at Rentech fitted it for me, and he took his time and cared enough to make sure it was exactly where it should be :approve:

But I think mine is probably a MK1. Do they really hang that differently?

Clio 172 Mk2
must be a mk 1 mate, me and dad have had mine off 3 times and re-fitted it but still can't get the tailpipe fully hidden. sounds awesome mind you lol

'02 MG TF160
I think i'll have a look on monday, as i've ordered some new rubbers from Renault and they won't be in til then...

172 mk2
^hardly a stealth exhaust if you can see it..... i'd send pics to k tec saying that, see what their response would be.

Clio 172 mk2
Definately looks a tad low....my Mk 1 stealth sits higher so you can't see the pipe at all from the rear.

Know what you mean about the noise though...they do sound a bit shite at first but trust me, they do get better after a while:D

Turbos.
Isn't the newer stealth supposed to be easier to fit as well?

My one's height was always fine, but it needed messing around with to stop it blowing 100%.

clio-rear-2.jpg

'02 MG TF160
Sorted! Went back and got the guy to engage his brain a little.....

Looks just like the above now.

And its starting to sound awesome too...

Stealth Bomber R26
Sorted! Went back and got the guy to engage his brain a little.....

Looks just like the above now.

And its starting to sound awesome too...

Beefmeister

Had mine fitted yesterday ist sitting low as well, what did the guy do to sort yours as mines going back to the fitter on monday.
Any pointers would be great
Thanks
Pete

For the benefit of people looking to buy a stealth exhaust im not sure where this "wet fart" sound description is coming from. It must be down to personal taste i suppose. For me I find the sound of the exhaust very good, nice deepish tone at idle, not intrusive at all at cruising speeds and a nice sporty howl when giving it beans. Definatly need to have a listen to one i think if you are considering buying one.

Dci 100
how does the sound compare to the new GDI stealth??

I'm tempted to get the GDI but i need something thats gonna behave on the motorway or it will be off the car pretty quick...I've heard good stuff about the GDI, but i'd like to know more about the Ktec too

172Petey

Isn't the newer stealth supposed to be easier to fit as well?

My one's height was always fine, but it needed messing around with to stop it blowing 100%.

clio-rear-2.jpg

Car looks lush!

Does that have a K-tec stealth on aswell then?

^ yea

btw.. mines in at the moment getting its stealth.. watch this space as it isnt any of the names mentioned on this thread ;)