ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just fitted my K-Tec Stealth!

Mondeo TDCI 130
Make sure you hear one before you buy it!! apart from the looks there was nothing stealthy about the noise on the one i heard! it sounded stupidly loud & raspy/tinny! not a nice noise at all in my opinion!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Can't buy one yet, i was going to but he's still on the prototype.

172Petey

Is K-tek that bad then!! :O

Think I wil wait for yozza if so, but bet that will be loud too! A nice sounding, well fitted is what most people want!

Mondeo TDCI 130
wait and see fella! have you got a cat? i heard it with a decat! it sounding like jason plato at full throttle!

172 MKII FF
ktec system is very nicely made, lots of adjustment. with a std cat it sounds fine....

Hi, thinking of buying one of these. I bought my car with a twin 3.5'' Magnex system on and it's too loud for my liking, plus it looks well chavvy. I've heard good things about the K-Tec stealth. How loud would it be compared to the Magnex - anyone had one before? I'm looking to basically quieten down the exhaust and stealth it.

I was considering buying the standard Renault one but everyone has recommended the k-tec. Just need to be sure before i buy one.

53' 172 Cup
can you take off the old exhaust in one piece when fitting the k-tec/after market system? the bend over the rear beam looks like it could be tricky to get the centre section etc over...

Clio 172 Cup
^^^ exhaust is in two bits from the cat back, yes it will come off.

had a ktec stealth fitted yesterday with a decat, very very raspy and very loud.

i don't think its the stealth that makes the noise, its the straight through decat.

also having knocking noises from the decat/manifold flange when the car is hammered.

will get ktech to sort it when i go up there for the remap.

M2 Competition
Go to prospeed and ask him to make a stealth exhaust for you. Baldylocks has one, arguably nicest exhaust ive heard on a sport. Subtle note, not at all raspy, nice burble at idle, box completely hidden under car.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
A standard renault system does not have a joint unless its had a replacement rear box

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
You can but you don't need too!! Drop the rear beam, x2 17mm, piece of piss, takes 10m max!

FF Blackgold 182
Orange_Taxi fitted his K-Tec stealth the other week on his Flamer. I think it sounds good actually and only raspy etc when you hit the power band. It's also surprisingly quiet at 70 mph on the motorway. There is also quite a lot of adjustment in it and you can get it completely hidden under the bumper. I think that opinions vary so much on what is an acceptable exhaust note, so you can never tell really unless you hear it for yourself.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Easier than butchering it in half imo. Handy if you have two trolly jacks mind!

53' 172 Cup
true. ideally i want to keep it in one-piece so il have a look see when i get the k-tec. wots the procedure for droppin the beam btw??

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
All you need to do is undo the 17mm bolt that holds the shock on each side...... of the rear beam (x2) thats it!!! Then just jack the car up to desired height ;)

53' 172 Cup
cool. if the beam is left hanging isnt there limited places to jack from on the rear (i usually use the rear beam as the jacking point)

Clio 172 Cup
markcup, did you have problems with you decat/manifold flange hitting the heat shield of the steering column

i have that problem at the moment.

(also pm'd you on renault sport, awaiting reply)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
markcup, did you have problems with you decat/manifold flange hitting the heat shield of the steering column

i have that problem at the moment.

(also pm'd you on renault sport, awaiting reply)

No idea.

I just give it to Mike at Rentech and get him to do whatever he says needs doing every 6,000 miles.

Sorry about the lack of response, been on holiday for a week and my PDA was crap at surfing.

172 MKII FF
Just to check - this is wrong isn't it!!!!

Hi,

I got mine fitted a week ago and it looks just like this - too low. How do I go about utilising more of the open space above it? Also, when i go over speed bumps or have 3 or 4 people in the car I can hear a knocking noise, as if it is banging on the rear beem.

Any suggestions?