ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just fitted sportlines to my 172cup and....

172cup & 182cup pk'd
Hello
Just fitted new springs and the suspension bolt snapped on me. The bolt that holds the strut to the hub - there's two of them but only snapped one

I've used one of a vauxhall for now to get me going but its not as wide in diameter as the renault one

Does anyone know if the bolt is the same as the 1.2, 1.4 clio's or can i get one from halfords or somewhere taking into account its Sunday tommorow

Cheers
Griff

Clio Cup/GSXR 600
It'll be a standard bolt M10/12 at a guess (dont know off the top of my head) x a certain length. A harware store should sort you out and id change the nuts as well.

I did the same when I changed my springs lol. Only 1, but I bought 4 new bolts from Renault and cost £20.

I have 3 here with me, if you want one? You can have it for free if you want it let me know.

172cup & 182cup pk'd
I damaged the thread knocking it out with a hammer, when i refixed the bolt/nut the thread stripped until it seized. I tried forcing it to tighten but then it snapped.

Need one tommorow and was thinking of visiting the scrap yard if the 1.2, 1.4 clio's have the same bolt - i know the scarppy by mine has a few of these clio's so if it will fit the better

cheers
griff

I damaged the thread knocking it out with a hammer, when i refixed the bolt/nut the thread stripped until it seized. I tried forcing it to tighten but then it snapped.

Need one tommorow and was thinking of visiting the scrap yard if the 1.2, 1.4 clio's have the same bolt - i know the scarppy by mine has a few of these clio's so if it will fit the better

cheers
griff

Yeah same as me, buggered the thread taking it out. :eek:

172cup & 182cup pk'd
Hello
Just been to the scrappy and the bolt is different on the standard clio's.

Anyone know if the laguna bolt fits

griff

Not sure thbh.

All I know is the part numbers are

7703034265 and 77008220984 so if somebody can find out if they match?!

172Petey

and.....................with the sport lines on the CUP is there any improvment?

172cup & 182cup pk'd
Fitted bolt and tested car today, feels much firmer and steering feels tighter.

Does not look any lower at the moment but waiting for it to settle down

Would recommend these springs to anyone with a 172 cup