ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just had this pop up on my news feed.. HUGE gathering for a good cause

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
That's aweful. I hope the highrollers get wind of this and show up in their lambo's etc. He'd love that.

PB Clio 172
I hate hearing about things like this but sadly this happens....

can't imagine what he is going through... best wishes to his family

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Devastating. I've been winging about things that aren't anything in comparison.

Hope his son gets a great turnout and enjoys himself.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
so sad to hear about the little lad, looks like he's going to have a mad day though and I will definitely not be trying to use the M1 / M62 around that area that day!!! gone totally viral, 10000 invites on facebook and 600 attending supposedly, plus the forums, and that's in the first what, 24 hours!

Pearl Black 172
Me and the wife are hoping to make this (close to heart subject matter) so if anyone fancies tagging along from Worcester let me know

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Who is going from North West? I might make this a meet for West Mids lot as we always seem to travel to other areas.

CHANGE OF VENUE DUE TO THE HUGE RESPONSE....

i have arranged with FRED LAWTON LTD MELTHAM MILLS INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, MELTHAM HUDDERSFIELD,HD9 4AY to be able to use there car park for the gathering which i would like to hold on saturday the 8th of september starting from 1 pm. everybody and every type of car is welcome so please please please come if you

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I am going to go up! I think this could end up being 1500 cars! Could be one hell of a turn out if they have the space. Its just such a shame that it's for something so sad.

Stealth 438'd 182
wow.. thats terrible! :'(

poor little guy and that news must of been unbearable.. I'm working till 6.. could possibly get out earlier.. what time is this going to be on till anyone know?

Nissan 350z
Page 42 on scoobynet

Alex Roy here from NYC...confirmed coming!
I'm coming. I've confirmed Chris Harris' 599, although he can't come.

Unless Morgan Motors comes through with a surprise vehicle!

Team Polizei coming for Connor.

Driving up from London Saturday morning, if anyone wants to convoy, please let me know.

Best,

Alex Roy

Looks like drive (youtube channel) will be flying from US to attend. This is going to be BIG.

Last edited:
  rs clio 182
so sad to hear about the little guy i hope he gets the turn out he deserves i will attending hopefully as long as i can get the day off work anyone else goin from the north west (manchester area)

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Dose anyone know what's going on with this now can we just turn up or is it full and is anyone going?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Do gou lot want to meet up with us few from WMids? Just means all the Clios turn up together and I have a CS Banner to show the club's support for the 'event'. :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Where is good for people...we will be doing M6, A556, M56 and then can do M60, M62 to Huddersfield. Could meet at Birch Services where the M62 starts just after Bury turn off...

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Where's this happening? I'm in Coventry this weekend, might try and attend

You won't be able to (if your name isn't down, they're not letting you in!)

They have this update on their thread:-

"Attention please-

No more reserves or adjustments now please, the list is finished even overflow.
Do NOT post asking to be put on list now! It's final

Can I stress people that are not on the list please DON'T come as its full already even overflow car parks and if people just come along and think they can park on road then find out there's no room and cause a backlog of traffic, then the police may just take over and shut it down.
And people that are just hoping to come and squeeze in! in hope, there is non!

So please avoid at all costs, have respect for Connor, and can people pass this message onto relevant sites

Have a get together of your own in your own area and post pictures up after for connor to see etc

The charity will be back up on that site soon so people who want to show their respects and donate then do that to candlelighters Yorkshire..
"

C1 VTR (Company Car)
Ahh well, I'm driving 100 miles away today lol, pitty would of been a nice one.

Look forward to seeing pics.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Yeah would have been nice, but have to respect.

Just to clarify does this mean it's off for all on cliosport.net?

Its on for those who have managed to get their names on list...or could blag themselves into someone else's car. :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
OK. We now have an official site for donations! Sorry about the confusions, we just wanted everybody on the same page.

http://www.justgiving.com/Connors-Day-2012

Please visit and donate. Remember, every little bit helps. We have shown what the world can do to organize a car show, now lets see what we can do with the show to help a great charity!