ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just ordered 182!

Just been to bridges of cirencester and ordered a racing blue 182 with cup suspension but not spoiler pack.

Basic car price £12,652.

Plus £200 for suspension pack and £198 for road tax(160) and first reg fee.

Total otr £13,050.

This is from an official u.k renault dealer, top price on part ex and willing to do a deal.

Hence my 172 mk2 is now up for sale and is in mint condition bar some scuffing on the wheels.

Nice one Stu, have you by any chance seen a pic of a Racing Blue one, I have ordered the same colour but have yet to see a pic??

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

Is anyone going for the yellow (jaune sirus) ? I hope to get one before the next big facelift comes out in 2005 i think it is? id better get saving :)

Ph1

You should be able to get about a grand off the asking price if you play one dealer off another oh yes and drop in the old car supermarket prices as well..... worked for me I got £1250 off the Mk1 from a Reno dealer.

172 stu, what is the details on your 172? what did they offer you part ex, interested as thinking of doing the same.

Flame Red 02 plate, 24k miles, £9k as a trade in. Dealer said as long as mint £9k is guaranteed minimum value for trade.

Hi

Called my local renault dealer and was offerd a 182 with cup spoiler and suspension pack and matalic paint for £13,645 on the road.

He offerd me £11,000 part ex for my 03 172 sport with 7,000 miles and was willing to negociate over the deal when I go to see him.

Do you think I should go for it?

My basic tactic on approaching the dealer, was that all I wanted to do was hand over the 172 and get a 182 paying nothing but my £200 deposit to order upfront and not paying any more on Finance. I got what I wanted after he messed around with the figures for a bit. Dealer is selling you the car for a good price, so if everything else stays the same then why not?

Im also getting a rebate on my insurance for swapping to the 182 so another bonus to be found there.

Quote: Originally posted by jigme on 23 February 2004

Hi

Called my local renault dealer and was offerd a 182 with cup spoiler and suspension pack and matalic paint for £13,645 on the road.

He offerd me £11,000 part ex for my 03 172 sport with 7,000 miles and was willing to negociate over the deal when I go to see him.

Do you think I should go for it?
Sounds a good buy your looking at about £2500 for a new car. If you can afford it its good value IMO

A one year newer car ie the 182 when you come to sell it should be worth about £1k more so the difference to change over the time you keep the car is now £1500. so you can have a new car for £1500 but also it will have 1 yrs road fund (£150 isnt it) new tyres (say £200 less ear than yours) and one years more warently which to buy for a 172 is about £200 I think. Also its next service is cheaper (12k vs 24k) so another £50 there and the rest of the services you are ebhind so another £50 possible. So the difference is now £850 for new car. Sounds a bargin to me.

Im guessing they havnt got there sales figure/ sold there alocation of new 182 so there doing you a good deal

EDD

Ph1

Just done a search on Telegraph motoring and theyve got your car valued at £10500 so it would seem Reno are offering you £500 over book. not too bad that though Id still try some where else to see if you can get the price down any further. youve nothing to lose.

Good one Stu

Which salesmen did you talk to?

I almost bought a cup from their but got it from Bridges Newbury in the end. Not before playing off the Ciren & Swin delaerships against one another though!

i have said in another thread about my visit to la dealers, im going for 13k with metallic +cup suspension and spoiler :)

i may try for even less.