ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just ordered my 197 carbon diffuser

Soooooooo excited.

Just spoke to the guys at Streamline and have paid for my carbon fibre clio 197 diffuser.

This will be the first one ever made. You probably know what streamline are capable of, and this will be no exception. The full works, 100% pre preg f1 grade carbon, fully 2k laquered. Full OE fittings and my heatshield will even be fitted onto it.

Cant wait!!! reckon it will be 2 or 3 weeks until its made.

Here are some pics of the mould being made, and of my car:

Gel Coated OE part
variousagain002.gif

RTS Resin & 12 plies of fibreglass matt
variousagain018.gif

variousagain019.gif

New mould parted from OE part
variousagain014.gif

variousagain015.gif

variousagain017.gif

And my car:

pic5.jpg

pic3.jpg

and my carbon number plates that streamline did

IMG_3536.jpg

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
it will be very nice once done! should suit that colour well! How much if you dont mind me asking? £

lol, who knows what it will look like Jamie.

never been made before so no idea. not seen anything else in carbon that does just look black though, they normally have a nice shine/finish

youve seen pics of a carbon covered one i think, not a full carbon one. not much difference i suppose, although the weave on that wasnt great.

fingers crossed hey lol!

all being well car will be at FCS if anyone wants a look (in between track sessions).

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Not the first. Look for the other Albi 197 for reference on how it will look. Boy was from Belgium or france iirc.

550£ isn't all that bad tbh.

yeah, that one was covered in a layer of carbon, not a full carbon product.

not a massive difference granted, but to me it is haha

laxy mate!! hows your going? you delivered it to bic yet? he was trying to convince me that i wanted a longmans lump and a bobby special loom last night.

i am quite tempted lol.

ok, the diffuser is out of the mould. needs trimming and laquering but here are some initial pics, not the best pics, i dont think bic has a very good phone :p
not laquered yet, so it will get shinier :D :D :D

Image001.gif

Image072.gif

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Few more with some lacquer on, just needs to be finished on the flatting side and then polished, trial fitting it to car tomorrow night, so will get some pictures on vehicle :)

Weight wise - Standard 4kg, replacement 2kg, this 1st one is probably a bit over engineered too aqnd heavily beefed up, we didnt want it being too wafer thin etc, but feels nice and substantial and the fixing points proper rigid :)

Cheers

Bic

carbonmarch016.gif

carbonmarch017.gif

BMW E46 330i Touring
Looks fantastic, but worth the extra £££ over a standard diffuser covered in CF? Not so sure...

no one makes a standard one covered in carbon, it would have to be a diy job. plus i think coating stuff in carbon is pretty gay lol.

Trophy #240/R33 GTST
Wheres the double decker? I think your missing out on some downforce there... :p

Looks awsome mate!