ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just ordered the R-sport ECU

996 Carrera

Ill have it tomorrow hopefully :)

Ill be getting the car RRd b4 and after so I/we can see exactly what effect it has on performance.

Anyone know a decent rolling road in the Slough area? Ive seen a place called Novatech has one - anyone had experience of these?

Cheers,

G

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by BikeMan on 27 August 2003

Im interested in the ECU myself and look forward to seeing your RR plots...
Same here...

Only had the Cup 5 weeks though, so wanted a few more miles on it before I started playing, but I am deffo after one.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Just found out the Chris (as in Chris n Nic) has got an R-Sport ECU for his Cup and will be fitting it tonight.

He only lives a few miles away from me too, so hes offered to let me have a spin in the car and see what I think!

So, now I can see exactly what difference it makes.

The other thing is that hes already had it on the rollers and can re-run it again now to see the gains.

Watch this space... ;)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by BikeMan on 28 August 2003

Rich,

VERY interested to hear what you think and Id like to see the RR graphs. Oooooh, Im all excited...
Ill keep you posted...

Quote: Originally posted by monkeymagic on 27 August 2003
Anyone know a decent rolling road in the Slough area? Ive seen a place called Novatech has one - anyone had experience of these?

right novatech, if it is the same company i am thinking of, they work wonders on fiat cars

quite reliable rollers if i remember rightly

my mate got 84.4bhp from his 85bhp punto sporting

996 Carrera

Well, Novatech in Slough seem to be focused on Novas - obviously.

But they dont do printouts so Ill be ringing Power Engineering later to try and get in with them.

And Im busy for a couple of weekends after this one so the "after" printout might take a while. I dont fancy fitting it onsite at Pow Eng - Ill probably fcuk it up and need a tow back home!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Should be interesting to see the before and after RR graphs.. I would laugh if it made the car slower though.. would be typical renault.

Still you Cup boys need all the help you can get, getting past those nasty airconned 172s ;)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

At least with a couple of different Cups having before & after runs, then we should see some tangiable evidence...

Ive had the ecu fitted for a few months now, and personally I dont think it gives much more power etc. Youll find that you have a better response from the throttle, torque will come in quicker than before, low, mid and top rpm pull will be better across the range and will rev smoother and more freely etc.

It makes the car more accessible to drive hard and quick. Also, with the rev limit raised youll be able to hang on to gears longer when cornerning than before however the power band will still be about the same as the normal ecu.

Hope that helps.

Does anyone know what it actually does, apaprt from raise the rev limit? Im sure I read somewhere that the limiter is higher at 7750 revs, but if peak power at the moment is around 6250 revs whats the point?

I guess it somehow re-fuels lower down the range too to get rid of emission test black spots?

Cheers BenS - I think we cross posted!

Are you running a filter/IK kit and exhaust too? I would imagine the R-Sport ECU is designed to work with better air/exhaust flow than the standard car?

Yeah. I run a green filter with ktec cat back. Seems to make a good package for about £500. Fuel economy is the same as before. If you dont bother with IK/viper etc the pipes to std airbox need better positioning to suck more cold air up.

Another slough clio. Havent actually seen a cup in slough yet, only 172s. Only normally see civics and bmws in slough. Good to know there are some more clios around

Cheers Ben - you have a similar set-up to what Im aiming for. I have the Green filter and the Magnex cat-back is going on next Tuesday :D

Can I ask how much the R-Sport ECU is?

996 Carrera

OK. The ECU arrived a few mins ago.

I rang Power Eng and theyre fully booked on every Saturday until 27th September so Im booked in to Novatech this Saturday and the next.

Unfortunately this means no printout but Im only looking for the increase in power and torque anyway. Ill try and cobble together a piccy of the RR readout after each run if poss.

Cheers,

G

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Frosty on 28 August 2003

It was only £198 when I got mine back in March.

Maybe they like to charge a bit for postage.
Thats plus VAT though aint it mate...

Nippy white cup

Yeah £198 + vat + £7.95 delivery.

Ordered mine at about 2.30 yesterday and it arrived at 9am this morning...v good service, now I just have to see how it goes.

Chris/Rich,

Looking forward to seeing your post(s) tonight or in the morning giving your views. Any plans for a side-by-side, through the gears, before and after test? Not as scientific as an RR, but would give an indication of what difference the ECU alone makes...

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by monkeymagic on 28 August 2003

OK. The ECU arrived a few mins ago.

I rang Power Eng and theyre fully booked on every Saturday until 27th September so Im booked in to Novatech this Saturday and the next.

Unfortunately this means no printout but Im only looking for the increase in power and torque anyway. Ill try and cobble together a piccy of the RR readout after each run if poss.

Cheers,

G
Have you got a digicam? Just snap sum shots

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Chris/Rich,

Looking forward to seeing your post(s) tonight or in the morning giving your views. Any plans for a side-by-side, through the gears, before and after test? Not as scientific as an RR, but would give an indication of what difference the ECU alone makes...
Well seeing as how my Cup is in the garage...

Once its back well do some comparisons!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Sorry Rich - didnt realise you hadnt got it
I have had it about 5 weeks, but its in for work... already!

Should be back tommorrow though! ;)

Mine will be going in soon (hopefully!) for some paint work and to sort out the badly applied Cup 172 stickers.

Renault, eh?