ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just Some Pics Of Our 225 BHP 1.2 and GDI's 182

Just some photos of the last few months on track and out and about.

These first 5 were taken by Roamer.com at Cadwell on the RenaultSport day.

(no hands ;-) )

This next lot were from the Tuners Grand Prix at Donnington in September taken by some bod who was doing the photos - can't remember who.

our 182 Exhaust Sytem (in testing ;-) )

A sequence of 4 shots coming through the chicane at the top of the start finish straight of the National Circuit at Donnington Park. I was trying to beat Andy (GDI's) time that he had set quite late on in the day, I think the passenger might be Rod Street. I took 3/4 of a second out of him anyhow ;-)

Just On the start / finish

The old faithful

And Finally, I was taking the car down to put it into storage for the winter, and damn me did I think I could get down to the place without a problem... the bonnet flew up and smashed the windscreen. :dead::dead::dead:

Is going in for a refresh over the next few weeks and a tweak on the mapping when she is freshened up. She has done 5200 miles of track miles since August (including driving to and from days without missing a beat) The gearbox we put in her was a dog, so that is being swapped along with some of the new trick toys that we are able to provide.

/y0z

spirez said:
182 looks awesome!

What mods does it have engine wise?

Yoz TB's look mint

Erm don't know what it has now.

It did have one our development engine kits on it.

Produced about 208 BHP.

Cams, ETCC Throttle Body, Omex, Loom, Our Inlet system & filter (viper), as well as the exhaust and our Bilstein Coilover kit. But I think all of that has come off the car now. Produced great power for something with so little done to it. It was VERY thirsty however.

/y0z

Last edited:
  320d
Brilliant photos as always by Roamer

What wheels are on the Cup? 15" Cup racer wheels or white turinis... look like 15's but i'm not 100%

15" cup racer wheels but a group N rally spec (Which are speedline 2118 7 x 15 (ET 38) - bomb proof but quite heavy.

We have a source for the magnesium cup racer wheels now, so i might sell these ones that are on it, and get some light ones.

:)

/y0z

can get anything - any car. send me the details, i'll get you a price.

The H&R uses bilstein struts with different settings, and spring poundage.

These use Eibach front springs and H&R rear with a platform on the clio.

/y0z

have to admit.... looking good dude.

So how does it feel? what kinda diff we talking about here? low down? high up? im not really tech minded.

Dansta said:
have to admit.... looking good dude.

So how does it feel? what kinda diff we talking about here? low down? high up? im not really tech minded.

everywhere, its a different car.

imagine removing organs by running into a wall and you are somewhere close lol.

wheels were just to get the dynamiques off. They were fine, but weren't the best for staying round, i buckled 3 this year LOL. I refuse to compromise and take less kerb through the corners ;-)

/y0z

powerwise.... what kind of performance diff's are we talking about? alot more torque top end? 0-60 0-100 etc. i know its the boring q's but everyones wondering....lol

Lionel Richie
it was timed at 5.6 0-60 @ TGP, but that was taking it "easy" apparently

its around 12sec 0-100, above 100mph the car goes mental!!!

i took it to *45 on the test track

Dansta said:
powerwise.... what kind of performance diff's are we talking about? alot more torque top end? 0-60 0-100 etc. i know its the boring q's but everyones wondering....lol

she has 145 ft/lb from 3000 rpm rev limit is at 7400, so nothing crazy in terms of revs, but you don't need to when you have the power that you have got.

she wasn't designed for the 0-60 / 0-100 but as a drivable track car.

the car was keeping with a lot of tuned exotica at donnington in terms of straight line speed, where it would have been mullered before.

in all, great fun.

:-D

/y0z

After getting my suspension fitted at GDI I had a passenger ride back to back in my standard 182 and the GDI 182. It shocked me how much quicker Andys car was. Flat out up the "test track" it was still pulling hard in fifth!

The engine felt much stronger and smoother throughout the rev range and the way it went from 5000 to 7000 rpm was very impressive.

That car has a full interior and 208bhp I bet yozzas stripped 225bhp car is a far bit quicker again.

I know these engines are big money to get 15% power increase but if you have got the cash I would say its worth it. I am picking mine up from Andy next Tuesday, should be 205bhp, so that passenger ride sold it to me.

Nice to have the GDI/AWT buisness tuning Renaults to such a high standard.:D

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
what sort of gearbox issues did the 1.2 have? standard box handling the extra power ok? ^defo worth it mark

MarkM said:
After getting my suspension fitted at GDI I had a passenger ride back to back in my standard 182 and the GDI 182. It shocked me how much quicker Andys car was. Flat out up the "test track" it was still pulling hard in fifth!

The engine felt much stronger and smoother throughout the rev range and the way it went from 5000 to 7000 rpm was very impressive.

That car has a full interior and 208bhp I bet yozzas stripped 225bhp car is a far bit quicker again.

I know these engines are big money to get 15% power increase but if you have got the cash I would say its worth it. I am picking mine up from Andy next Tuesday, should be 205bhp, so that passenger ride sold it to me.

Nice to have the GDI/AWT buisness tuning Renaults to such a high standard.:D

if it is as it was last time i saw it and drove it, the gdi demo has all of our engine & suspension kit on it, and yes it was very quick. I don't know what Andy has done if anything, but the car had our YozzaSport Bilstein Suspension package, brake kit, exhaustpackage and development engine kit on it and was a road sensible monster in terms of drivability and power.

Andy has other plans for the car now, rather than developing it further from where it sit now with our kits, but I am sure with AWT he will be making it into a special car to show what gdi can do in terms of performance etc. AWT didn't have anything to do with the car as it sits now. I am sure with bens Fettling it will go even quick. The car had a standard head and internals apart from the cams on our development engine.

Thanks for the feedback. :-D

/y0z

Last edited:
haitch said:
what sort of gearbox issues did the 1.2 have? standard box handling the extra power ok? ^defo worth it mark

the 1.2 is a 172 cup out of the box, just badged with the 1.2 badges.

Gearbox problems were related to the box that we put in being a duff box. It has a helix paddle clutch, so it is quite safe with the clutch, just ate 3rd gear for some reason - which was a problem from when we put the 2nd hand box in the car.

/y0z

172 phaseII
cool pics, i soo want to swap my 172 for a 182 badly for some reason! argh!

you werent going quick when the bonnet opened up?
jesus that happened to me on a country road when i was driving my mates golf gti home for him, had to explain what happened whilst in shock!!! haha