ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just test drove a 172 cup!

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
cant complain about brakes. seem to do the job. if you know the car hasnt got abs and you aren't confident then who'd push on in the wet???
not saying abs is for girls just in day to day driving i hardly ever managed to activate it. but i have learnt the hard way so far more cautions now.

i would take it for a drive and get it to lock up and wangle some money off the price fo being faulty..... see what they say then.....

I

invisible man

It doesn't need to be wet for the brakes to lock up, you just have to be a bit more carefull until you get used to it. Also when I bought my car from a dealer in Hull he told me the car had only had one owner, when the log book turned up from DVLA it had six previous owners:( But I must admit I have done 14K miles in ten months and apart from the entire interior vibrating at low revs when cold and a weird clicking noise coming from the drivers door I cannot fault the car and the number of previous owners doesn't really bother me as I can't think of another car I would rather own, so mine is definately not going to be for sale for a long time yet.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It doesn't need to be wet for the brakes to lock up, you just have to be a bit more carefull until you get used to it. Also when I bought my car from a dealer in Hull he told me the car had only had one owner, when the log book turned up from DVLA it had six previous owners:( But I must admit I have done 14K miles in ten months and apart from the entire interior vibrating at low revs when cold and a weird clicking noise coming from the drivers door I cannot fault the car and the number of previous owners doesn't really bother me as I can't think of another car I would rather own, so mine is definately not going to be for sale for a long time yet.

Not all doom and gloom then? Good to hear that yours had that many owners and its A-ok. Hopefully the OP's Cup that he's looking at will be just as good. :)

D.