ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just written my car off

197 Albi Blue
Just got back from hospital after writting off my car on the A36 near bath at about 8pm tonight

animal jumped out at me i swerved hit kurb had blow out and then rolled the car and landed right way up in a load of bushes and trees. Car is a total mess doors dont shut properly so its fucked

cant belive none of the airbags went off.

i just walked out fine, my mate she had to have loads of scans and xrays and was on spinal board for 3 hours. She now been let out

so lucky nothing was coming the other way.

sooo shaken up

197 Albi Blue
nah missed the bloody thing. Got put under caution and put in back of cop car while i was breathalised and all documents checked, obviously that was all fine.

got out car to find a whole tyre missing from front left.

my drivers window exploded in my face so scary

197 Albi Blue
thing that is anoying me so much is that there was 2 or 3 cars behind following me quite close and none stopped to see if we were ok they all just carried on driving.

honestly thought i was going to die

197 Albi Blue
what was it, deer?

not sure small deer i think didnt see it clearly enough though, suddenly the car was going sideways as tyre exploded after hitting curb.

somehow when i came to a stop the car automatically had put my hazards on. the button was not pressed

j plate 91 449 valver,
gutted mate. at least your ok. harsh as it sounds if the animal isnt too big its safer to hit it then swerve voilently. tho i travel along a stretch of road where i knwo there are deer and i have to go so slowly, really paranoid about hitting anything that big. at least your not too badly injured.

b/g 182, meg tourer
thats bad that the 2 or 3 cars behind didn't stop to see if you are ok!
glad you are ok.
gutted about the car tho

Ph1
Sorry to hear about this but NEVER sweve for animals in the road. Its more dangerous to swerve than it is to hit them, unless its cow. Sure this is in the highway code too?

Tip is to close your eyes for a split second

another animal related tip, never stuck for a duck crossing a country lane, when your mate is giving it the beans behind you.....

bad luck mate, hope your both back on form again soon.

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
Jesus... sorry to hear that pal..

Cars can be replaced fella, glad your mate is on the mend too...

197 Albi Blue
cheers guys.

yeah i know i shouldnt swerve for them, i live in the new forest so used to animals on road but in the split second coming round the bend i just did it without thinking about it. Just like a reaction. Going to see the car later this morning see how bad it really is, but tbh no chance of it not being written off.

Was amazed how well the car has kept its shape though so glad renault spend so much time on saftey really has paid off for me.

keep finding glass all over me.

At least the police and ambulance was like even if i was best driver in the world nothing i could't have done about it. Just one of them things.

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
Someone told me the other day your sposed to just hit the animal, and apparently dogs are the only animal your sposed to swerve for...

dunno how much truth is in that.

anyway sorry man, good to hear your ok though

Golf TDI
you have clearly been really lucky to walk away with nothing serious , what a right bunch of .....driving behind you :rolleyes:

Mental 172 Cup
Someone told me the other day your sposed to just hit the animal, and apparently dogs are the only animal your sposed to swerve for...

saying that and when the animal actually runs out in front of you are 2 totally different things!

gutted for you mate!

glad to hear you are both ok!

fabia vrs
Glad your ok mate !! When I smashed my clio it was left on tyhe wrong side of the road and i think 5 car's drove past before someone stoped !! :mad:

172 cup
Glad your ok mate !! When I smashed my clio it was left on tyhe wrong side of the road and i think 5 car's drove past before someone stoped !! :mad:

Same, i wrote my first car off many years ago, was stood at the side of the road for at least 10mins before anyone stopped.... it was a fairly busy road too...

Sorry to hear about your accident, at least everyone is ok...

Clio
Unlucky there mate!! Least everyone is ok.

Those damn animals again!! Funny noone ever hits them and they always get away.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Reading most of your comments it sounds like your saying "you should of just hit the animal.. and then you would of been fine and just carried on" if this was a pheasant then maybe..

but Hitting a large animal could possibly still result in you loosing control of your car and writing it off.. what difference would it make if he hit it or swerved?

if you hit a dog or certain types of livestock, you're obliged to report it to the Police (cats are fair game though - all iirc).

that's disgusting that no-one stopped to help you:(

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Reading most of your comments it sounds like your saying "you should of just hit the animal.. and then you would of been fine and just carried on" if this was a pheasant then maybe..

but Hitting a large animal could possibly still result in you loosing control of your car and writing it off.. what difference would it make if he hit it or swerved?

He would have had a better chance of staying on the road, for a kick-off.

Unlucky dude... but at the end of the day, it's only a car.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
:eek:

muppet_animal.jpg

Too Soon?

Nimbus Megane R26
animal or chav i dont care, i will not sweve for it..id rather pay for a new bonnet/grill than write off the 1*2. Unlucky though mate, but as said, shocking that the cars behind you didnt stop.

Civic 1.6 V-Tec
one of my mates went for the hit the animal option.
Hit the badger, wrote off her corsa.
i tend to stop for any animals, gave me a bit of practice before my own cat ran out in front of me a few weeks ago.
Cant bare the thought of hitting an animal, but then, i am a girl.

Shame about the car hun, but its good that you and your mate are both ok.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
animal jumped out at me i swerved hit kurb had blow out and then rolled the car and landed right way up in a load of bushes and trees. Car is a total mess doors dont shut properly so its f**ked
What a fucker!
muppets-animal.jpg

Glad you're ok though.