ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K Series Headgasket change

500bhp Scoob
I know its the wrong section, but am not a member, so can a mod move it (obviously i can't reply thou, but will see what people say)

Just wondering if anyone has ever done a headgasket change on a K series rover engine, chap at work has a 214 which needs changing asap, and has offered me the job if I want to earn a bit of cash.

Is it a hard job, or very simple (hoping its simple, as i've had enough trouble with my french piece of s**t)

He's ordered a new gasket set, and new head bolts, and a new timing belt. anything else he may need, and how long should i set out to do the job?

Cheers :)

TDI tyre shreader
are you going to be checking that flatness of the head?

cant see it being that hard of a job id go for an afternoon depending on your experience

Ad

MK2 FRS
^^ as above you will need to check the flatness of the head, they commonly need skimming.

Is the 214 a Kseries engine????

500bhp Scoob
yea i'd say im quite experienced, i've fully re-built the engine thats in my clio now.

Just wondered whether the rover engine would be a pig of a job to do, as everything on the clio seems to be.

The head will be checked for flatness, and skimmed if need be :)

The engine is definately a K series, which seem to be really prone to headgasket failure judging from what google says when i googled it

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Wont be that hard to do imo as you have done a re bild this should be easy just had a look at my one does not seem to hard .

TDI tyre shreader
is it in a metro? i cant see it being that hard to do to be honest just aslong as you know tightening order, torque settings etc of the headbolts. but the again it is a rover so was probbly put together by an iron monger my birds 214 is a proper pain in the arse!!

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Oi some of us on here drive shi**y Rovers :)

Jones said:
is it in a metro? i cant see it being that hard to do to be honest just aslong as you know tightening order, torque settings etc of the headbolts. but the again it is a rover so was probbly put together by an iron monger my birds 214 is a proper pain in the arse!!

172 Cup
i wouldnt bother doing it mate. if anything goes wrong then he will blame you. more hassel than its worth. also the fact that you have never worked on one as well.