ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-tec mounts

53 Clio's & counting
Being fed up with the still constand movement from my engine even with new mounts from Renault, i took the plunge and bought these

DSC00668.jpg

Fitted them on Saturday, only driven it home so not too far, but def stiffer, feels alot better,makes the car drive different too, as there is no give in the engine now, the car responds instantly when you come on and off throttle.

Though no matter what K-tec's add says, there is definately more vibration on idle, but nothing thats not liveable, i will give more info once iv put a few more miles on them, and after my session at Combe this coming Saturday

53 Clio's & counting
id say they are worth it, alot of money to spend out though, it took me a while to buy them, due to the cost, just hope they will live up to what everyone says,so far so good

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
I have had the ktec top mount for bout 18 months now and its still solid as a rock I had constant trouble before as the flange on my decat is rather large and kept hitting the subframe but these work a treat.
Def more vibration though mainly only when cold my dash rattles a lot. Managed to damp it though with some thick rubber pad under the mount.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Sounds good Russ, I might get a set when mine give up, although I have no real problem with the standards.

I've been looking at replacing my mounts with these in the near future, as for the extra vibration, I drove Ben's sunflower ph-1 with these mounts fitted and noticed very little extra vibration compared to my cup, not to sure what all the fuss is about to be honest lol.

Have you just gone for the uprated upper engine and gearbox mount Russ? or are you uprating the bush in the dogbone mount as well?

Coupe/Defender V8
I got used to it in my Ph1 very quickly. It's really not that drastic at all for the gain you get in the overall response

ITB BG 182
I would say to any one going to ktec that you should get the engine mounts and gearbox mounts, i also had bushs done and i can certainly say the car was alot better to drive, more responsive, studier.

Focus RS mk1
fitted this gearbox mount last week and its fantastic, so much better than the standard one, no movement at all and as said already throttle response is improved

172 cup
i have these mounts in along with th poly dogbone mount as russ says engine feels nice and tight very stable to and the vibration is not that bad tbh i was expecting alot worse from other peoples reviews

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
I drove Ben's sunflower ph-1 with these mounts fitted and noticed very little extra vibration compared to my cup, not to sure what all the fuss is about to be honest lol.

Have you just gone for the uprated upper engine and gearbox mount Russ? or are you uprating the bush in the dogbone mount as well?

:lolup: This after you stalled? LOL

53 Clio's & counting
Are these easy to fit for a novice with some tools? My stock mounts are f**ked.

Yes, though i would say don't give your self a time limit, mine were a bit fiddly, and the top nut wouln't come off the gearbox mount, i was lucky as i was at work, so i used an air gun

I would also be very interested in this mate ;)

Lol CS que? ;)

I've been looking at replacing my mounts with these in the near future, as for the extra vibration, I drove Ben's sunflower ph-1 with these mounts fitted and noticed very little extra vibration compared to my cup, not to sure what all the fuss is about to be honest lol.

I have changed the dog bone mount bushes too fella, std mount, but iv put poly bushes in it

Ph1
Loads of folk report engine movement on the stock mounts but wonder if the OE mounts are designed to have this movement on purpose so to soak up the stresses that might happen in the drive chain?

Is there a improvement to acceleration would you say Russ?

RS RIP
I'm also wondering what the BIIIIIIG pricedifference between these and the 1000 pound genuine group N mounts will turn out to be ...

I also think the torque/stress will be passed on to parts that are not supposed to take it

When i decide to order i will have lots of feedback from other buyers who've had them on the car for a while ; which gives me a little more peace of mind (or maybe not)

53 Clio's & counting
Loads of folk report engine movement on the stock mounts but wonder if the OE mounts are designed to have this movement on purpose so to soak up the stresses that might happen in the drive chain?

Is there a improvement to acceleration would you say Russ?

I have also thought about this mate, but even though its alot more solid, it's not completely solid, there is a tiny bit of movement there, so it should have enough movement to not cause any damage.

Also with the standard mount issue, i have tried everything with mine, iv had 2 full sets of new Renault mounts, (all 4) and iv done the undoing of the top mount and pulling forward trick, iv tried the washers on the gearbox mount trick, iv tried undoing all, running the engine to let everything settle, over the course of 30,000 miles and nothing has worked, i still got miles more movement than i am comfortable with, so fingers crossed this will now solve my problem

I would say the ecceleration is better, but general driving is better too, the engine responds as soon as you push,or come off the throttle, because the engine is so tighter, you get instant response, in fact its a bit weird to begin with lol, definately feel more 'connected' with the car

Clio 172 Cup
i fitted mine 3 weeks ago best mod so far, it does feel quicker but i think it more the fact you can feel the engine vibration more as you go up the rev range. All in all well worth the cash :)

Ph2 172 Cup
I have them on my cup. Just like most people are saying, some increase in vibration but you quickly get used to it. Definitely feels more solid and power delivery seems more 'direct' somehow.

53 Clio's & counting
Little update:

Well i drove into work today, so gave the car a run, the mounts do make standing starts alot better, but one downside is increased noise when going along, 70-80mph and there is alot more noise than on the standard mounts

Ph1
How do you find these on the traction front?

With it being more direct do you find theres more chance of wheel spinning off the line ?

From a performance point of view I think it's hard to fault these mounts. Neils car is fitted with them and I was impressed with how little engine movement there was whils still retaining sufficent compliance not to break anything.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Did I not read on here somewhere that you need to support the weight of the engine with something while changing these mounts?

I could be wrong though :eek:

Clio 172
Did I not read on here somewhere that you need to support the weight of the engine with something while changing these mounts?

I could be wrong though :eek:

I'd probably stick a jack under the engine with a block of wood on it and then change 1 mount at a time.

My mounts have just started to fail and these are on the cars for next month, I'll be doing these 2 and a polybushed dogbone mount.