ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec Parcels Make Me Smile :)

Flame 172 (Ph2)
Hey folks,

Finally got round to ordering all the bits I've wanted for my Flamer for so long, and did it properly... in one go!

I'll let the pics do the talking:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Obviously K-Tec don't do Cup Spoilers in non original colours... thats just something I bought of Rob from here that still needs fitting!

Coilovers & Top-mounts are being fitted on Saturday. If I get time, I may do a progress thread as I also have anthracite Turini's with all fresh rubber on the way aswell as a K-Tec induction kit (they had no black ones in stock so I'm having to wait a few days for delivery).

Thanks for looking!

Flame 172 (Ph2)
Hehe :) thanks.

I actually think the K-Tec coilovers are fantastic value for money, people seem to forget how cheap they are when comparing them to other coilovers which are often at least double the money.

I don't want a hard ride either; a friend has already got a set of these on his 182 and I really, really like the feel of them; to me they have a likeness to an M-Sport BM - firm when you want them to be but soak up the pot holes and horrendous bumps our British roads offer us.

My Flamer is also my commuter, 100 miles a day, so there's no chance I'm spending good money to only gain back problems and broken teeth!

Jap Shed
The coilovers camber adjusters are useless, mine died in 6 months. The welded parts around the bolts separate at the welds.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Hehe :) thanks.

I actually think the K-Tec coilovers are fantastic value for money, people seem to forget how cheap they are when comparing them to other coilovers which are often at least double the money.

I don't want a hard ride either; a friend has already got a set of these on his 182 and I really, really like the feel of them; to me they have a likeness to an M-Sport BM - firm when you want them to be but soak up the pot holes and horrendous bumps our British roads offer us.

My Flamer is also my commuter, 100 miles a day, so there's no chance I'm spending good money to only gain back problems and broken teeth!

Better coilovers offer adjustable dampening so you wouldn't have that trouble and they are probably a better ride aswell. i personally had vmaxx on mine for a short period and whilst yes they make the car look good the ride annoyed me after a while and since being back on my cup dampers with eibach sportlines i have never looked back :eek:

Flame 172 (Ph2)
Better coilovers offer adjustable dampening so you wouldn't have that trouble and they are probably a better ride aswell. i personally had vmaxx on mine for a short period and whilst yes they make the car look good the ride annoyed me after a while and since being back on my cup dampers with eibach sportlines i have never looked back :eek:

Yeah, I've not felt the Vmaxx coil-overs. I'll see how I get on with the Ktec's, I'm sure they'll please me for what I want.

Flame 172 (Ph2)
Cheers guys, I couldn't wait to get it all out and unwrapped!

I'm most excited about getting the exhaust fitted. I am a bit worried about getting the fitment just right though.

Clio Sport 182
Nice mate :) I ordered a ktec induction kit too with the black hose and I am still waiting! Should be about a week or so as they are still getting made!

Monaco blue 172
If you need them coilovers putting on wizz down to Crosby run a garage down there will happily chuck it on the ramps and charge you a good rate to get em all fitted :)

Clio 172 "Ruby"
Hey folks,

Finally got round to ordering all the bits I've wanted for my Flamer for so long, and did it properly... in one go!

I'll let the pics do the talking:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Obviously K-Tec don't do Cup Spoilers in non original colours... thats just something I bought of Rob from here that still needs fitting!

Coilovers & Top-mounts are being fitted on Saturday. If I get time, I may do a progress thread as I also have anthracite Turini's with all fresh rubber on the way aswell as a K-Tec induction kit (they had no black ones in stock so I'm having to wait a few days for delivery).

Thanks for looking!

Everything I have ok mine an love it well done mate :)

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
172 / 182 decat link pipe, apparently they were out of stock till yesterday, i wasn't expecting to see it till monday really.

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
Yeah, I've not felt the Vmaxx coil-overs. I'll see how I get on with the Ktec's, I'm sure they'll please me for what I want.

They will please you. As you've said, pound for pound their spot on. My Clio too is a
daily car and these suit them well. Had mine on for 2 and a half years. Rear shocks have only just failed now. Not bad IMO.