ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec vs Scorpion RS192 for 182

BG FF 182
What like are K-tec exhausts? Considering one myself, mostly due to positive feedback regarding fitment. My 192 won't sit right in the bumper (o/s won't sit centre) and it vibrates too much.

I will go for the silenced type.

Am I right in assuming the tailpipes sit dead centre in the bumper?

Pictures please.

Or any other alternatives that aren't loud and fit perfect?

Also how much would my 9000 mile RS192 be worth?

M2 Comp
The K-tec exhaust is seriously poor quality IMO.

@Fred@BTM has welded mine in several places- it was literally falling to bits (cracks everywhere)!!

It doesn't fit very well or look that good either.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
I'm running the Janspeed Ultra Supersport with a decat and it's been on over a year now and still looks mint, sounds lovely to :)

No, buy the centre hanger, and keep your existing tailpipe hangers and mod them with the Powerflex bushes, they are £6 each on eBay IIRC

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...ed-exhaust-mounts&highlight=powerflex+exhaust

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370706314441

The standard tailpipe hanger rubber is soft as s**te and will droop in no time

Use your current tailpipe ones until the Powerflex bushes arrive

Dude you've saved me much embarrassment!! As you say, I'll get it fitted with the current back ones and upgrade them when they arrive...

I'll report back at the weekend with how the Janspeed fits etc.

Tomh182

ClioSport Club Member
  S3 8P
i've had an rs192 and a ktec janspeed, and much prefer the rs192 system! Ktec vibrates a lot and has been repaired in several places

Megane r26
I took the sports version off mine and replaced it with the super sports, that had been on 4 years and was mint tbh. Only reason I removed it was because some had chopped around with the middle to alter the cat and I wanted to fit a decat and straight through centre

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I sell loads of Janspeed/KTR systems and never have issues, lots of happy customers. I see a fair number of cars with scorpion systems and they're always badly fitting, cracking, or just generally crap

Arctic Blue 182
Iv got the ktec janspeed silenced system, seems really good but fancied something a little louder. Fits really well but does rattle a fair bit!

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
got k-tec janspeed one in silenced with de-cat great noise and not too loud on motorway and had for over a year sounds great not sure what the other chaps on about?

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
you probably just need to replace the mounts or tighten them? fitting a de-cat adds alot more noise man i have the same system with de-cat

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
The K-tec exhaust is seriously poor quality IMO.

@Fred@BTM has welded mine in several places- it was literally falling to bits (cracks everywhere)!!

It doesn't fit very well or look that good either.
you have an odd one then should of sent it straight back as they have a life time guarantee... once you start welding it is bound to go again.

My 2 mile review of the ktr sport... compared with my blowing standard exhaust it's quiet, too quiet. Why'd I pay more for a silencer :clown:

Looks better though and is sitting ok considering it's on the original mounts.

Attachments

• image_zps98fd798a.jpg
    image_zps98fd798a.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 158
  FF 182
the piper system hardly gets talked about on here or even recognised, shame because I find it a great exhaust! easy to fit, looks and sounds brilliant, lightweight and you get a choice of tailpipes. oh and it's only £400 on demon-tweeks ATM (£480+ RRP)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Sisters other half had a Ktec recess job on his cup. Was too basey for me tbh.

probably bought the one without the center silencer to save £30. massive mistake that far too many people make, and then base negative opinions on that.